Still lots to fix after new update.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm glad that BigAnt fixed a few things in the latest update, the best of which is the improvements to Ai fielding, but the update has caused a few issues which I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing.
Since the update my effort ball and Slower ball doesn't seem to have any effect on the delivery speed.
Also I seem to be getting the field adjustment bug even more now, where you move one fielder and go back to the game and its changed the whole field.

I'm pleased they are still supporting the game, I just hope they haven't finished doing so because these small things are very annoying time after time. My other big gripe is the way the wicketkeeper slides with ridiculous reflexes to take a huge edge off a spin bowler, looks so unrealistic and there is no point in any slips for spin bowlers as the WK takes everything.

Anyway I'm still loving the game and hope they can make it even better.

Can I also give a shout out to a Youtube channel where a couple of funny guys (Dan and Kez) who have made a lot of Cricket 19 videos amongst a lot other cricket related stuff. They are really funny and nice guys, their channel is called WeCricket.

Guyincognito1

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I've had that slower ball issue since launch, I found that by selecting the slower ball and holding L2 works pretty effectively and gives a much more realistic speed. As is the fielding resetting bug, not a new one, but still a bloody annoying one that's been around since DB17.

The wicket-keepers are my biggest gripe, it seems that their animation box for catching is quite large, hence the sliding, not sure if that can be fixed without a major game engine re-work. But what it does mean is, fielding positions like 1st slip, and sometimes 2nd slip become superfluous.

Andy Cognac

School Cricketer
That field changing glitch is so annoying!!! I find I just go in and out of my change settings, let the glitch do it’s thing quickly then go back in again to do my adjustment. On that, anyone know of a way to save a field setting? I might be being extremely full, but I can’t seem to find it!

Totally agree about the keeper, I never have a 1st or 2nd slip. My dude is a leggie so I go with a 3rd.

I’m going to have to up my difficulties now I’ve got the hang of the game, as I’m finding the AI so stupid, where I’m at now. Having said that, you still have to concentrate every ball while batting. You only get one chance!

I fully enjoy it though, bit hooked to be honest!

Andy Cognac

School Cricketer
I am being stupid. I just found the editor for field settings! Ha. Gonna save a lot of annoyance

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Also I seem to be getting the field adjustment bug even more now, where you move one fielder and go back to the game and its changed the whole field.
Yeah I also get this mainly in career.. Something that has been reported but hard to replicate the issue I guess.. Maybe try making a video of how it happens.. Might be helpful..

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The pace of slower balls (why has that been changed?) and a lack of catches in the ring and outfield catches in test matches remain by biggest concern. Pretty solid apart from that though.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
yes that i noticed too for slower ball , along with run out bug is back as AI got run out 6 times with pathetic running decision.

also observed 7-8 times in one t20 game that fielder (semi-auto) paused at time of catch/fielding that causes misfielding or catchdrops

Users who are viewing this thread