Difficulty Discussion

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Interested in others thoughts on this.

Had my first game last night on Veteran (Hard Batting and Bowling) and bowled the Aussies out for 106.

Thought - well it happens, cricket etc.

Played two more games today, bowled Australia out for 76 then India out for 52, both on Veteran.

They simply cant handle swing, outswingers taking edges all over the place and big inswingers ripping stumps out many an occasion.

Now, im no demon bowler, i just stick to cricket basics, swing for egdes, varying it up with slower balls, bouncers etc, just as you should do.

Is it a case of i just need to move to Legend, or is the AI on Veteran just not up to much this time?

They were never this bad on the same level in Ashes and DBC from my experiences.

What are you playing on? How are you finding the AI difficulty on your level?

Thoughts fellas?

Interested to know if its just a lucky run, and i stick with it, or just go straight to Legend, as these first three games have been no contests, which aint what i or anyone wants.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I suggest you tweak the sliders and try the customised difficulty level. There are AI sliders for Timing which you can increase to reduce the edges and a setting to decrease the chances of getting dismissed. Experiment with these till you hit your sweet spot.

D

Dutch

Had my first game last night on Veteran (Hard Batting and Bowling) and bowled the Aussies out for 106.

Played two more games today, bowled Australia out for 76 then India out for 52, both on Veteran.

They simply cant handle swing, outswingers taking edges all over the place and big inswingers ripping stumps out many an occasion.

Now, im no demon bowler, i just stick to cricket basics, swing for egdes, varying it up with slower balls, bouncers etc, just as you should do.

Is it a case of i just need to move to Legend, or is the AI on Veteran just not up to much this time?

They were never this bad on the same level in Ashes and DBC from my experiences.

Thoughts fellas?

Interested to know if its just a lucky run, and i stick with it, or just go straight to Legend, as these first three games have been no contests, which aint what i or anyone wants.
What console version?

reyorton

School Cricketer
I suggest you tweak the sliders and try the customised difficulty level. There are AI sliders for Timing which you can increase to reduce the edges and a setting to decrease the chances of getting dismissed. Experiment with these till you hit your sweet spot.
Not much difference. the latest patch literally broken the gameplay.. (in my view ) Matches are always one sideded..Custumizing also wont make much difference. Lower difficulty you won the match if higher the difficulty settings you loose the match.. Hard to see competitive Matches.. Its ain't fun anymore. I guss wwe 2k20 is more intersting than this LOL

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Thoughts fellas?

Not sure.. I've never found it easy to take wickets on Veteran. Are your players skilled properly?

Users who are viewing this thread