AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
You actually don't need to edit registry at all - just make sure the executable is inside the game folder and put a shortcut to it on your Desktop if you need to use it regularly:

img.png

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
First off, thank you so much for making this editor. Must have been a lot of hard work, Much appreciated.

I did a search of the thread, but couldn't find any reference to it.

Is there an option in the BIG editor to add skill points to my created player?

You need to use the Player Editor to do things like this, not the Big Editor - suggest you use my fixed version as there is a bug in the latest release from the original author: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...v1-0-in-first-post.57625/page-40#post-3377947

Dsc07

School Cricketer
BIG Editor v1.0

The BIG Editor lets you browse, edit the big archive(async.big.w32) which contains almost all resources used by the game.

Note: It will take some time for the editor to start on first run. It builds a directory hierarchy and saves it in a file named "Cache". Make sure you run the editor after extracting it from the rar file so that the cache file can be saved to reduce loading times on subsequent runs.
You may need to install the latest directx runtime if you get an error while opening the editor.
How to locate bats folder?

SahilP

School Cricketer
Hey everyone! Whoever is having problem with this file, I have finally figured a way to fix it!
Step 1. Click 'Start' and search for 'regedit.'
Step 2. Open regedit.exe
Step 3. Expand(Click the plus button) on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE
STEP 4 (IMPORTANT). This step is for users with 64 bit system. Make sure you also open Wow64Node
Step 5. Expand/open Codemasters>Ashes 2009 and then open Path.
Step 6. Put the path of your original Ashes 2009
For example my path is G:\Ashes 2009
Make sure you put the correct path!
If this solved your problem, you're welcome.
:D
PS if you need a video tutorial, just tell me.
Thank you very much :D

Anke Vermeulen

School Cricketer
If anyone can not make the big.w32 file open, if it say "file error" this means in windows talk that you must first REMOVE the "read only" attribute of the file. COPY first big.w32 file so nothing is corrupted. Then richgt click>properties> [uncheck attrib "read only"]. Presto! (If anyone is still using the Big Editor. Which I am and very grateful for its existence).

bull375

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know how to add Udrs by Nikhil V to Ashes Cricket 2009? It says to import in readme file using Big Editor. I used Big Editor and main file asyncbigw32 opened by itself. But how to import Udrs and where to import it? Big Editor gives three options View, extract and rebuild. Hawkeye file is Hawkeyeballmesh.model. What do I do with it? When I click on view it says no app to open model file. Udrs files cut scene are in .luc format and global tex pack is in .png. Does anyone how do I import uDRS to Ashes Cricket 2009 using Big Editor? Thanks.

Last edited:

muhibmallick

School Cricketer
Can't I see the logic-building code used in the game? Right now All I understand is that it can replace files from old to new, meaning texture models and sound that's all you have limit in this editor, is this correct?
If I am missing any aspect please guide me.

Users who are viewing this thread