Career Mode Talk

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
My issue with career mode is that it doesn't actually make you a better player of the game you just stay at whatever skill setting you set the game at.You can have a skill rating 30 or 40 below the team you are in and quite often be the highest scorer or have the best bowling analysis.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
On the subject of career mode, can't find the answer anywhere on the forum, but does anyone know if playing in the IPL or CPL prevents you from playing any of the matches for your country. Now I'm playing for England didn't want to miss any games by signing up for the T20 tournaments.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I've jumped back into the game a bit since the new patch and am finding taking wickets as a career mode pace bowler a bit difficult. Any suggestions?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Started a new rookie career mode after latest patch using ball marker , batting all rounder , using @MohammedSherry’s settings , very difficult to get a score , really challenging

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Started my career as a batting all rounder, in England. Second season signed for Lancashire and played 7 county championship games;
Runs - 839
Average - 69.91
High Score - 206
100s - 3
Wickets - 15
Average - 27.93
BBI - 4/101

Just started my third season and have been selected for the one day side. Played 3 one day games and after the first game I was promoted up the order from 3 to 2 (ton in my first game).
Runs - 185
Average - 61.67
Strike Rate - 140.15
High Score - 122
100s - 1
Wickets - 5
Average - 19.40
BBI - 2/30

‘Fair way off’ for England’s ODI series with the Netherlands and expecting selection for when the Aussie season starts.

Difficulty:
AI - Legend
Batting - Hard
Bowling - Hard
Fielding - Hard

90mphyorker

School Cricketer
So something odd had happened in my career.

I’m in to 2024. Worked my way up to International selection and as I’m now playing it on a far to easy mode I’m averaging about a billion and getting called up to everything.

In 2023 I accepted one of the offers to play in the Caribbean League and was offered the captaincy but didn’t get selected for any matches and had to simulate all the matches until the tournament ended.

But while I was having to simulate all the matches I was being selected by Yorkshire and Scunthorpe and the computer was playing those matches for me. It never did that before. When I got selected by Yorkshire I never played for Scunthorpe again. When I got called up to England if the match clashed with a domestic match, the international match took precedent and I wasn’t select for the domestic match. Like what should happen.

Now my created player plays all the matches for Scunthorpe and Yorkshire. I only play international matches and matches for Yorkshire that don’t clash.

It’s minor but annoying as it ruins my averages and I then don’t know how many career runs I’ve actually scored.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there something I can do? Or do I just have to grin and bear it?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So something odd had happened in my career.

I’m in to 2024. Worked my way up to International selection and as I’m now playing it on a far to easy mode I’m averaging about a billion and getting called up to everything.

In 2023 I accepted one of the offers to play in the Caribbean League and was offered the captaincy but didn’t get selected for any matches and had to simulate all the matches until the tournament ended.

But while I was having to simulate all the matches I was being selected by Yorkshire and Scunthorpe and the computer was playing those matches for me. It never did that before. When I got selected by Yorkshire I never played for Scunthorpe again. When I got called up to England if the match clashed with a domestic match, the international match took precedent and I wasn’t select for the domestic match. Like what should happen.

Now my created player plays all the matches for Scunthorpe and Yorkshire. I only play international matches and matches for Yorkshire that don’t clash.

It’s minor but annoying as it ruins my averages and I then don’t know how many career runs I’ve actually scored.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there something I can do? Or do I just have to grin and bear it?

This happening to me in career player , I played ODIs myself and noticed when I went to play next county 1st class game I’d also been simmed into another county game that overlapped with ODIs , so my 1st class average dropped , pretty annoying, almost game breaking as career mode is about your stats / performance isn’t it ?.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
More little things I wish they fixed going forward:

1. Cricket is a summer sport. I play for a club in QLD. ITS NOT AVG 17 DEG CELCIUS!! Its friggin 35 deg and hot. Most of the pitches would be dry and/or hard. It seems everybody around the world starts club cricket in England.
2. Almost every club cricket team i play against is comprised of left armers. Medium, Fast, spin, etc - all left armers.
3. They really need to add more animations for leg side shots. I played a pull shot for 6 and the animation was a leg glance. For 6. Similarly, the same cover drive animation seems to be for EVERY shot between 0 deg (facing the bowler) and 89 deg, before the cut shot comes in.
4. They need to ALWAYS show the celebration for scoring 100/200/300 as the animation where they take off their helmets. Universal celebration. Not for 150.
5. Having the fielding radar now shows me that the AI changes their field ALMOST EVERY BALL!!! like whole scale changes. WTF?? choose a field, bowl to it.
6. I just played an innings where I faced 300+ balls. I can tell you that almost EVERY time I played a shot where LS = up (front foot), RS = between 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock, it plays the EXACT same shot to the exact same fielder. Like come on, there's got to be some sort of variation.

*edit* btw, at the beginning of my mammoth innings, my NB bat was clean. During the match it progressively got pink until the end when the WHOLE bat was pink!!! lol. well done on that BA.

Last edited:

Shiva0610

School Cricketer
Hi,
Is it possible to change bowling animation during the career..?
Also can anyone suggest how to control the line while playing using keyboard. Right now, the same ball lands in all different lines..

Shiva0610

School Cricketer
I can't take wickets. I'm a batting allrounder- RAF. While I'm incredibly economical, getting no wickets.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Anyone played for England in career and not getting licensed team when reaching international level?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone played for England in career and not getting licensed team when reaching international level?
I am playing against England, and isn't it because there are dynamic squads that you don't see licensed players?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I am playing against England, and isn't it because there are dynamic squads that you don't see licensed players?
But the squad doesnt even have proper player names.. Only proper player I saw was Buttler..

Users who are viewing this thread