How to Improve Consistency

Cricmad

Club Cricketer
I am a school cricketer playing mostly for my school and club. I am a top order batsman. My biggest concern is about my consistency. I can't maintain my form for a time. Due to this I have not been able to fix my place into the team and sometimes asked to play down the order.
Once in a tournament, I played an inning of 184 runs off 105 balls with the help of 10 fours and 12 sixes. I played all around the park and targeted every bowler especially the opening pair. But in the next few matches I struggled to cross 30s even against much weaker opponents against whom our team won by 7 or 8 wickets. Next 50+ inning came from my bat after 5 or 6 inning when I scored 35 ball 50. In another tournament(T-20) , I scored 2 centuries - one of 168 runs off 64 balls with the help of 9 fours and 16 sixes( also includes 4 sixes in an over) and second of 108 runs off 49 deliveries ( 10 fours and 7 sixes), first one was my career best in T20 since I joined the senior team.
Besides, i was the only player to hit 2 centuries in the tournament but then also I had to miss 2 matches as in next games , I performed poorly. I thought that I am playing too aggressively so I reduced my strike rate but nothing budged, except my strike rate, which reduced especially in T20 and as I play a role of aggressor in the team , our run rate also affected. Moreover, the next 50+ or 100+ score I made was also with the previous strike rate.
I am always very watchful in the beginning so that I don't get out.
Everyone in my team says that I am the most dangerous batsman " in my day" but I don't want to wait for " my day".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread