Cricket Captain 2018 Club Editor

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
upload_2019-9-27_1-30-28.png
upload_2019-9-27_1-31-3.png

This is using your save file[DOUBLEPOST=1569544401][/DOUBLEPOST]Would you be able to edit that file to give every county a basic budget of 500,000? That was the number I was going to run my save with, and currently it doesn't look like I can do so

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
That's interesting. I will have to send you a modified editor (that displays some debugging info) so we can try to fix this.

I wasn't sure if you want all teams including Northants to have low budgets, or all teams apart from Northants, so I've attached both.

Attachments

• low budgets, n'hants - Except Northants.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 5
  • low budgets, n'hants - Including Northants.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 11

Clamel

School Cricketer
This editor looks cool, but a bit restricted.

My wishes for an editor is if players could be edited on a very small thing.
Today patches are used to change players thoughts on what forms they play for both clubs and country. I think that is stupid since it changes all the time.
An example would be AB de Villiers for SAfrica. He is out of all country play in game but he actually said he would'nt have mind on playing for his country in the WC. Then it's up to the selectors (in this case YOU the gamer, or the AI) . Now if he is selected a new patch will probably fix it. Not a very good way to keep changes things like that with patches.
2018 version also have Jofra Archer playing for Windies, and playing with that game you can never get him to play for England.

Perhaps also a way to edit team names since the scare of lawsuits isn't the correct in the game.

Those changes would be great to have ticked/unticked with an editor.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
This editor looks cool, but a bit restricted.

My wishes for an editor is if players could be edited on a very small thing.
I have these wishes too. I'm just some guy who wrote an editor in my bedroom in my free time. The bigger changes need to come from the developers of the game.

Today patches are used to change players thoughts on what forms they play for both clubs and country. I think that is stupid since it changes all the time.
This is kind of difficult, since the developers don't know what's going to happen in the future. All they can really do is release patches after something has happened.

2018 version also have Jofra Archer playing for Windies, and playing with that game you can never get him to play for England.
The editor allows you to change nationalities, so Archer can play for England.

Perhaps also a way to edit team names since the scare of lawsuits isn't the correct in the game.
I like this idea and I will try it out. It is probably possible to change the letters of the names, but it may be impossible to make the names longer, depending on how the memory is allocated for this by the game.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nice job. Unfortunately I'm having same issue as Aislabie.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's weird. I tried it on several different computers and it worked for me.

Can you tell me what operating system you're using? I have only tested under Windows 7 so far.
Windows 10.

keronavalon

School Cricketer
one question, why is it anytime I edit a player's ability the form depletes ????? Can that be adjusted ?

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
one question, why is it anytime I edit a player's ability the form depletes ????? Can that be adjusted ?
I expect it's because when you say "edit", you mean "increase" ability (while their recent stats obviously stay the same). So those recent performances that may have been very good in the context of the old ability are not so impressive for a player of the new ability. To me, this seems like correct behaviour and I don't see any need to adjust it. However, the answer is yes it can be adjusted (but to the best of my understanding this would be purely superficial and would make absolutely no difference to how well the player will play).

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Is this working for cc 2019? Also I can't see the download option.
No, I don't currently have any intention to update the editor to support Cricket Captain 2019. There has been almost zero interest in the 2018 editor, and it's quite a lot of effort, so not really worthwhile. If you want to edit, then I suggest you buy Cricket Captain 2018 (it only costs a few $).

keronavalon

School Cricketer
I am working on this. I have now written a full editor (but sadly only for Windows) and I want to ensure it can't be used online. I am currently looking at a couple of options:

1) It looks like Easy Mode games can't be used online. I am trying to reverse-engineer that so the editor will only run in easy mode.
2) It looks like the latest update of each Cricket Captain (2018.xx, 2019.yy etc) is required for online play. Usually, all the memory pointers change after every update, so as long as editors are only released for older versions, then there should be no risk.

I would probably suggest that any editor releases should significantly lag the game releases anyway. As we approach 2020, I think it should be fine to release an editor for an old release of Cricket Captain 2018.

Here's a couple of screenshots showing everything I can edit so far. I had to work quite hard to find a way to allow all players to be available for every game (remove injuries, retirements, international commitments, IPL commitments, foreign player quotas). I haven't included potential abilities for batting and bowling yet because the interface is starting to get cluttered and I need to move some things around.

View attachment 226972
hey do u hv this editor, and can it work on normal difficulty, international career ? if so how can i download a copy ?

tazzron

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No, I don't currently have any intention to update the editor to support Cricket Captain 2019. There has been almost zero interest in the 2018 editor, and it's quite a lot of effort, so not really worthwhile. If you want to edit, then I suggest you buy Cricket Captain 2018 (it only costs a few $).

Do you frequent the childlishthings forums at all? The forum itself has been inactive for quite a while due to a lack of dev interaction, but a lot of people there were asking for an editor for various versions, unaware that people were making editors on external forums (or maybe it's just been me). I'd guess there'd be more interest if an editor was advertised for whichever version there.

Powaslave

School Cricketer
Hi, just found this after getting back into the game. I am having same issue where it gives error saying only usable in easy even though the save file is easy.
Running Win 10 here

ninjaclown

School Cricketer
I am bored and I have nothing better to do so I am trying to track down the values for fielding ability. I just want to recreate Jonty Rhodes in some regen who can average late 30s or 40 with the bat but be the best fielder in the game. I am smart enough to know where to look using the sequence of values search and then going into memory view in artmoney but I don't know what I am looking for exactly. But given the fact that there are two fielding technique options in the coach and physio screen, I am guessing there are at least two fielding values for ability and possibly 4 values if there are potential fielding ability values involved as well. If anyone is interested in figuring this out with me for fun, please PM me, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread