First Impressions and User Reviews - Cricket 19

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
After all these years, it is my impression that these people are clearly incapable of putting out a decent cricket game. I would advise anyone looking to buy this to be aware that this is a broken game. My advice would be to stick with DBC 14 if you don't mind giving up some unnecessary features for better gameplay. Purchase at your own peril.

fezza

Club Captain
After all these years, it is my impression that these people are clearly incapable of putting out a decent cricket game. I would advise anyone looking to buy this to be aware that this is a broken game. My advice would be to stick with DBC 14 if you don't mind giving up some unnecessary features for better gameplay. Purchase at your own peril.

Yes, I would endorse this view. I went back to DBC 14 (without patches) and it is streets ahead of Cricket 19 in terms of gameplay.

Despite promises we still haven't seen a C19 superpatch - and in any case the game is so broken that any patch will have to be practically a whole new game for it to be worthwhile.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So I've had the game about 3 months now and left my review until now because it has taken me quite some time to get the controls and sliders just the way I need them to get the best out of the game. I played DB14 which I liked, but due to the lack of gameplay customisation I was ultimately dissapointed. I didn't buy Ashes 2017 because I didn't think it would have changed much. I have to say I think this game is by far the best cricket game I've played and I'm loving it. Sure it still has a few bugs and stuff we don't like, but cricket is a pretty complicated game and I think Bigant has done a really great job of giving us enough customisation to create a game which suits most peoples needs. I'm going to list my pros and cons in order of priority.

Pros:

-The amount of sliders in the difficulty settings is at first baffling, but after several games I started to adjust them and I am now at a stage where I can play very competitive and close games against the AI, I think it's a massive step forward for the longevity of the game and hope they keep these sliders going forward. The slider for when the line and length marker appears is especially brilliant, allowing for peoples differing reactions when batting.
-I love the amount of options for controls, I have tried most of them and it's great when you finally settle on what is most realistic and suits.
-Customisation of kits, players, bats, etc. Still a brilliant set up, with the community giving you the option to download pretty much anything and fiddle with to your hearts content, I have spent hours creating my own legend teams and reskilling and changing how players look, maybe more than I've actually played games.
-Amount of competitions and potential for scenarios is great.
-Probably never gets mentioned, but I love the fact you can save the game whenever you want, mid game, or even mid over.
-Career mode, just loving this at the moment, also worth a mention is being able to sim when you want, I play as an allrounder and love that I can sim bowling whenever I want. That being said I still think career mode can be improved in many ways.
-Playface, just brilliant.

So on to my cons. The good news for me is I think most of these could be fixed by a patch and I really hope Bigant does keep supporting this iteration as they could make the game almost perfect for me.

Cons:

-Wicket keepers taking ridiculous catches off spinners. This is by far my biggest bug bare, it looks silly and so unrealistic. They should only take catches off slight edges when up to the stumps as in real life. Currently there is no need for slips when bowling spin as the superhuman WK's take every edge, even huge ones, I even don't play little tickles down the leg side off spinners as the WK usually pouches those too. Please Bigant make this your highest priority, I'm no programmer but surely this can't be too hard to fix.
- Field changes, again I would think this should be fixable. It takes so much time to adjust the field only to go back to the game and suddenly you have a completely different field to the one you set, so frustrating.
- Hairstyles, might seem an odd one, but I love editing players and feel hairstyles has taken a massive step backwards even from DB14, They are very limited and the ones we do have don't look great. I think they make such a big difference to how a player looks that a lot more time and effort should have been spent on this.
-Sweep shot, don't even try this shot anymore as it only seems to go in one direction which is square of the wicket, we should be able to play it much finer.
-I would like the option to download a kit only from the community, I am sure we used to be able to do this in DB14, but its a right hassle now.

Those are my main cons, there are others like commentators and players taking catches with their back to the ball and other little things, but most don't bother me too much.

Also a quick note on online play, I have had one game and it was pretty awful, luckily for me I didn't buy the game to play online so I won't comment any more on that.

In conclusion I think Bigant have done a great job and hope they release more patches and carry on the series, I will certainly keep buying them if they are up to this standard.

Maz

County Cricketer
Well, I was debating buying this game for a long long long time, but now I have so much free time I decided, f**k it, I'll do it. Spent all day yesterday playing with it. And WOW, what (most) everyone says is true. It's definitely by far the best cricket game ever made. And I've played them all, from Allan Border Cricket, right through to Ashes Cricket.

Funny enough, some bugs that people have been mentioning, I haven't noticed yet. For example I saw many people complain about the wicket keeper having super powers against the spinners and so having a slip is unnecessary, but well, in my second game I brought on my chinaman bowler (score was something like 120/1 in an ODI, customized difficulty, I loveeee the sliders btw) and decided to put a slip in. Very first over, batsmen plays a forward defense to a ball on middle and off from over the wicket...but the ball goes straight on, takes the edge, and first slip takes it low diving away to his right. I neverrrrr felt such a pleasurable dismissal in a cricket game before.

Really, well done to Big Ant, hope they can get better and better from here.

drastsab

Club Captain
I Would like start to play Test matches. Want to play competitive test match. So guide me. Which settings is best for Ai pacing.. Also let me know sliders effects . Because i played one test match before. AI batsmans scoring like odi match.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I Would like start to play Test matches. Want to play competitive test match. So guide me. Which settings is best for Ai pacing.. Also let me know sliders effects . Because i played one test match before. AI batsmans scoring like odi match.

before playing around with sliders mate check the batsmen’s mentalities and perks. And then check the difficulty levels.

finally as a last resort reduce AI timing and run rate, and also wicket chance

leave the physics sliders alone

Maximus

Club Captain
Been playing this a lot on PS4 during the UK lockdown and having a great time, I'm so glad Big Ant are making a success of this as there was a time I'd thought we would never get another good cricket game again. It's not perfect and it's a bit rough around the edges, but for me as long as I could play realistic, competitive Test matches against the AI then I'm happy. For the most part they've improved with every game they've made, DBC 17 was a bit ropey on release and probably my least favourite of the games, but it still added a load of new features.

Obviously in my opinion Cricket 19 is the best cricket game ever made, that used to be kind of an insult but in this case it really is good. There's always been some random game breaking or immersion shattering bug in each cricket game from BLIC to EA's series, but for me anyway there's nothing that really ruins it for me, the wicket keepers are probably the only thing that come close.

My only real gripe is the commentary, it is awful, just say the same things over and over again and quite often just completely wrong, saying it's out when it's not and talking about enforcing the follow on after winning an ODI game. It's the best cricket game ever with the worst commentary ever, and that includes Ashes Cricket 2013, which is pretty much the only thing that game did right. If there is a Cricket 2020/21 that's one area I'd like to see some serious improvement in. The other is just a general lack of polish and visual glitches, but if they continue to improve each time then the future is bright for cricket games.

drastsab

Club Captain
before playing around with sliders mate check the batsmen’s mentalities and perks. And then check the difficulty levels.

finally as a last resort reduce AI timing and run rate, and also wicket chance

leave the physics sliders alone

Thanks mate. I will post screenshots of match results.

weeramanthrie

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Here are my ODI sliders.[DOUBLEPOST=1590486107][/DOUBLEPOST]Test sliders

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 21
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Slide6.JPG
    Slide6.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 21

weeramanthrie

County Cricketer
And T20 sliders, try these and see how you like it. in Test you need lot of patience to build the innings and i had really close games with those sliders.

Attachments

• Slide7.JPG
    Slide7.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 14
  • Slide8.JPG
    Slide8.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Slide9.JPG
    Slide9.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 13

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Hey guys
I played DBC 14 and Ashes Cricket a lot.
I waited a year, hoping Big Ant would make several patches and was happy to see the recent patch.
I just got the game this week and kudos for Big Ant to keep the game affordable at Indian Rupees 900 (compared to earlier rates - 3500+).
I hope this strategy works for them and next game too is affordable.

Started a 4 day League with the following low level teams
Afganistan, Ireland, Zimbabwe, Galle, Chittagong Division, Maharashtra

I played my first 4 day game and i really enjoy the competition between bat and ball.
What i love about Big Ant games is that, i enjoy both pace and spin bowling using classic controls. In older games, i used to enjoy batting but bowling was not fun.

Gameplay wise, i don't see major changes compared to Ashes Cricket. Presentation has gone up several notches.
I love the highlights that are shown between each session. That music. Just love it.
Also the pitches have a HD feel to it.

Gameplay felt very similar to Ashes.
Bowling is so much fun. I really enjoy playing with the Seam, which gives u so many variations as a fast bowler.

The AI does lot of stuff in terms of field placement but that was the same in Ashes Cricket too.
I still did not see any in game strategy adopted by AI - for example bowling short balls for a spell or bowling offside consistently etc.

Regarding AI batting, it felt familiar. With no major emphasis to accelerate when the main batsman is running out of partners etc.
Or scoring fast or slowing down when needed. It's all 1 dimensional.

Couple of questions for experts here
a) How do i control pace of a delivery when a spinner is bowling? All my spinner deliveries average at 90 kmph.
Is there a way to vary the pace and go down all the way to 65 kmph? Also legendary spinners like Erapalli Prasanna, bowled at a slow pace to spin the ball more.
Wonder if it works like that in game or even possible to vary pace of a spinner.

b) Also i did not see major turn even when spin input was ideal. Pitch was Day 5, Dry and Very Soft.
Does it also depend on level of bowlers? I play with low level players.

My first 4 day game against Afghanistan - Interesting player models for Afghanistan. Some of them have blond hair :)

61354078658-4-B809-AB3-C01-C-4849-ACE7-6-ADA414-E753-C.jpg

Last edited:

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Hey guys

Couple of questions for experts here
a) How do i control pace of a delivery when a spinner is bowling? All my spinner deliveries average at 90 kmph.
Is there a way to vary the pace and go down all the way to 65 kmph? Also legendary spinners like Erapalli Prasanna, bowled at a slow pace to spin the ball more.
Wonder if it works like that in game or even possible to vary pace of a spinner.

b) Also i did not see major turn even when spin input was ideal. Pitch was Day 5, Dry and Very Soft.
Does it also depend on level of bowlers? I play with low level players.

Never mind about the questions - i increased the flight, turn modifiers and now with amount of flight i can control the pace of the delivery for spinners.
Again you can play with modifiers to increase turn. Very enjoyable.

gleebo41

School Cricketer
Hi guys this is my first post. I have played Cricket 19 a lot of the last year on PS4 and I have put together some changes for the game that I believe should be looked at for the next version of the game. Starting of with the batting. Cricket 19 is a very solid game made out of my hometown in Melbourne and I understand the smaller budget constraints with graphics But it definitely needs more shot animations including more variety with false shots. so with this I am focusing purely on gameplay.

BATTING

CRICKET 19 improvements

Batting

• More variety in shot animations that include more false shot animations. Eg top edges , inside edges , bowl hitting fingers if ball hits high on the bat making batsman take hand of the bat.

• Front foot to become R1 , back foot to stay R2 and stay at crease shotplay ( variable to play slightly forward or back ) Is not using any R1 or R2 button. Using the right option with front and back foot is important so the ball can hit the sweet spot on the bat eg hip high ball while playing a front foot defensive or attacking shot will see the ball hit high on the bat and can bring lofted shots with ball hitting the shoulder of the bat into play. And loss of shot power if ball hits too high on the bat.

• Holding the L1 Grounded shot button to be changed to an aggressive shot button with aggressive ( air ) shot and attacking shot ( ground ) but using it with defensive shot or precision shot creates a soft hands button

• Ability to lock pre delivery batsman position ( L3 )

• Holding L1 & L2 will now be move around / advance the crease as bowler bowls button. The direction that you point the Left analog stick to play your shot determines what happens with the batsman’s movement. Any direction in front of square will see the batsman come down the pitch so if you decide to play the ball straight the batsmen will advance done the pitch straight to make that shot. If direction is square leg batsman will move across his stumps so he can play inside the line of the ball to play it on the leg side to square leg. If you decide to play it to point or down to 3rd man batsman will move to leg side to give him more room to play the ball to point or behind point. Only exception to the rule is if a bowler bowls a wide delivery eg a wide Yorker and you try and play the ball towards point the batsman will more towards the ball try and reach it.

• Special shots will now be holding R1&R2 together

• Using special Shots and advance/ move around the crease together ( R1,R2,L1,L2 together ) will allow some amazing shots for example manufacturing the Scoop shot with the batsman moving well inside the line of the ball to scoop the ball over the keeper more naturally then the game does now.

• More variety in animations leaving the ball and Evading short balls with using R3. Frustrating to have a short bowl outside off stump now and the batsman ducks but that moves his head towards the ball and the batsman gets hit on the head.

• moving the right analog stick towards the direction of the ball will make the batsmen pad away the ball.

• More urgency with running between wickets With stretching out with the bat at full pace to make a quick single but this results in player running past stumps needing time to slow down

• More realistic diving to make a single. Best way to make sure you complete a Quick singles now and not be run out is to continuously dive to make your ground because it significantly moves you forward into the crease. Yes diving in real life helps but it shouldn’t help as much as it doesn’t in this game.

• Smoother turns with making multiple runs with queuing another run although the game is very good at getting the right running value for hitting the ball into space. But will need to improve with more urgency from fielders

• Reworked fatigue ( players never go under 25 % unless they are injured )

• Player confidence to be re worked. Players early in innings will have confidence with defensive stokes then increase as game goes on with more attacking stroke play. Obviously the best batsman will have a level of confidence with attacking shots to start with but not perfect. Eg better to use precision drives early in innings then attacking ones.

• Potential to loose confidence and temporary fatigue with being hit on the body and head.

• Potential to get serous injuries like broken fingers , arm and concussion as well as calf , hamstring and groin strains while running between wickets leg injuries giving batsmen the ability to use a runner

• Quicken up the game. If a batsman plays a shot and doesn’t run or leaves the ball holding down the no run button will automatically trigger the game back to the bolwers run up. Eg you block the ball and you don’t run you can hold the no run button ( O ) and you don’t even have to wait for a fielder to pick up the ball. If you do run you can still quicken up the game by holding the ( O ) as soon as the ball hits the keeper of fielders hands behind the stumps.

• Batsman vs Bowler false shots. So far the game is about the batsman timing of the ball determining if a false shot / edge or missing the ball happens. This should be determined by the timing of the bowlers meter vs the batsman meter. If bowler meter is excellent and batsman meter is good batsman shot will loose slight power in shots, slightly miss time the ball eg inside edge on to pad. Still game have good shot output out the % of that would be lower. If bowler meter is excellent and batsman average more opportunity to miss the ball or edge the bowl. If bowler meter is average and batsman meter is excellent then the batsman shot will be very good.

I will also be posting my improvements thoughts on Bowling changes , fielding and wicketkeeper changes , tactic changes and match and bowl condition changes over coming days

D

Dutch

Hi guys this is my first post. I have played Cricket 19 a lot of the last year on PS4 and I have put together some changes for the game that I believe should be looked at for the next version of the game. Starting of with the batting. Cricket 19 is a very solid game made out of my hometown in Melbourne and I understand the smaller budget constraints with graphics But it definitely needs more shot animations including more variety with false shots. so with this I am focusing purely on gameplay.

BATTING

CRICKET 19 improvements

Batting

• More variety in shot animations that include more false shot animations. Eg top edges , inside edges , bowl hitting fingers if ball hits high on the bat making batsman take hand of the bat.

• Front foot to become R1 , back foot to stay R2 and stay at crease shotplay ( variable to play slightly forward or back ) Is not using any R1 or R2 button. Using the right option with front and back foot is important so the ball can hit the sweet spot on the bat eg hip high ball while playing a front foot defensive or attacking shot will see the ball hit high on the bat and can bring lofted shots with ball hitting the shoulder of the bat into play. And loss of shot power if ball hits too high on the bat.

• Holding the L1 Grounded shot button to be changed to an aggressive shot button with aggressive ( air ) shot and attacking shot ( ground ) but using it with defensive shot or precision shot creates a soft hands button

• Ability to lock pre delivery batsman position ( L3 )

• Holding L1 & L2 will now be move around / advance the crease as bowler bowls button. The direction that you point the Left analog stick to play your shot determines what happens with the batsman’s movement. Any direction in front of square will see the batsman come down the pitch so if you decide to play the ball straight the batsmen will advance done the pitch straight to make that shot. If direction is square leg batsman will move across his stumps so he can play inside the line of the ball to play it on the leg side to square leg. If you decide to play it to point or down to 3rd man batsman will move to leg side to give him more room to play the ball to point or behind point. Only exception to the rule is if a bowler bowls a wide delivery eg a wide Yorker and you try and play the ball towards point the batsman will more towards the ball try and reach it.

• Special shots will now be holding R1&R2 together

• Using special Shots and advance/ move around the crease together ( R1,R2,L1,L2 together ) will allow some amazing shots for example manufacturing the Scoop shot with the batsman moving well inside the line of the ball to scoop the ball over the keeper more naturally then the game does now.

• More variety in animations leaving the ball and Evading short balls with using R3. Frustrating to have a short bowl outside off stump now and the batsman ducks but that moves his head towards the ball and the batsman gets hit on the head.

• moving the right analog stick towards the direction of the ball will make the batsmen pad away the ball.

• More urgency with running between wickets With stretching out with the bat at full pace to make a quick single but this results in player running past stumps needing time to slow down

• More realistic diving to make a single. Best way to make sure you complete a Quick singles now and not be run out is to continuously dive to make your ground because it significantly moves you forward into the crease. Yes diving in real life helps but it shouldn’t help as much as it doesn’t in this game.

• Smoother turns with making multiple runs with queuing another run although the game is very good at getting the right running value for hitting the ball into space. But will need to improve with more urgency from fielders

• Reworked fatigue ( players never go under 25 % unless they are injured )

• Player confidence to be re worked. Players early in innings will have confidence with defensive stokes then increase as game goes on with more attacking stroke play. Obviously the best batsman will have a level of confidence with attacking shots to start with but not perfect. Eg better to use precision drives early in innings then attacking ones.

• Potential to loose confidence and temporary fatigue with being hit on the body and head.

• Potential to get serous injuries like broken fingers , arm and concussion as well as calf , hamstring and groin strains while running between wickets leg injuries giving batsmen the ability to use a runner

• Quicken up the game. If a batsman plays a shot and doesn’t run or leaves the ball holding down the no run button will automatically trigger the game back to the bolwers run up. Eg you block the ball and you don’t run you can hold the no run button ( O ) and you don’t even have to wait for a fielder to pick up the ball. If you do run you can still quicken up the game by holding the ( O ) as soon as the ball hits the keeper of fielders hands behind the stumps.

• Batsman vs Bowler false shots. So far the game is about the batsman timing of the ball determining if a false shot / edge or missing the ball happens. This should be determined by the timing of the bowlers meter vs the batsman meter. If bowler meter is excellent and batsman meter is good batsman shot will loose slight power in shots, slightly miss time the ball eg inside edge on to pad. Still game have good shot output out the % of that would be lower. If bowler meter is excellent and batsman average more opportunity to miss the ball or edge the bowl. If bowler meter is average and batsman meter is excellent then the batsman shot will be very good.

I will also be posting my improvements thoughts on Bowling changes , fielding and wicketkeeper changes , tactic changes and match and bowl condition changes over coming days
Great first post and welcome to the forums!

Users who are viewing this thread