Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Why the hell would you name Sohail Akhtar as your captain?
Aqib Javed replied to this:" He won us Abu Dhabi T20 Cup so he have made him the captain and he also knows the local pool well" :facepalm:facepalm

Aqib Javed is the biggest cancer to Lahore Qalandars. I am supporting Lahore since PSL 1 but this time I will opt for Multan.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Very excited this time for Haider Ali, Amad Butt, Akif Javed, Rohail Nazir and Ali Shafiq. Zeeshan Ashraf is a part of Tareen Academy and is a very hard hitting opener (judging by what I have heard of him)

Amad Butt can really be that pace bowling all rounder which Pakistan desperately needs. He hits the ball hard and long and also bowls a lovely and exceptionally disguised slower bowl. He normally bowls around 130-135

Akif Javed is an excellent pacer from Karak, KPK and he is really fast. He is 19 years old and is already a big name in domestic circuit.

I feel like Haider Ali is not a T20 player (by what I have watched of him) but still it would do him a great deal of good to share dressing room with some big names. FUN FACT: Haider Ali started playing cricket at the age of 14 and he is currently 19.

Rohail Nazir is a very good keeper. He is very fit and an excellent player of spin and good against pace too. He also has the leadership qualities and can be a captain in the future of the national side.

Zeeshan Malik and Imran Butt deserved to be picked. They both scored bundles of runs this domestic season and both are 23 (I think).Both are openers and I really like Imran Butt's work ethic. He seems to have a good head on his shoulder. Imran also played under Misbah at SSGC from 2012/13. There are bright chances that if Imam fails in this series, Imran will make his way into the team.Misbah said this about him while announcing Pakistan squad for series vs SL.

“Imran Butt is a good player and we had a lot of discussion about him because we are also looking at players for the opening spot. In future, we will definitely look at where we can give him a chance and bring him in the team. We didn’t want to make too many changes, only where necessary.”

@CerealKiller @Na Maloom Afraad @Master Khan @The Deadman @Ahmad94

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Why waste a Diamond Pick on a Silver player? DAFUQ! :facepalm
They picked him because he is a part of Tareen Academy and is held in high esteem by Ali Tareen. Ali believes he can represent Pakistan in WC 2020 due to his hard hitting abilities and can solve Pakistan's opening woes in T20.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
They picked him because he is a part of Tareen Academy and is held in high esteem by Ali Tareen. Ali believes he can represent Pakistan in WC 2020 due to his hard hitting abilities and can solve Pakistan's opening woes in T20.
Yeah, but you could've easily picked him in a lower-grade category and used up the Diamond pick on a bigger, more reliable name, right?

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah, but you could've easily picked him in a lower-grade category and used up the Diamond pick on a bigger, more reliable name, right?
Exactly! I dont know what he was thinking

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So the schedule of the HBL PSL 2020 has been finally released.
Reigning champions Quetta Gladiators will open the event at the back of an opening ceremony at the National Stadium in Karachi when they will go toe to toe with two-time former winners Islamabad United, while curtains will fall on the fifth edition of one of the most popular and followed leagues on 22 March at the Gaddafi Stadium.

National Stadium will also play host to the Qualifier between the top two sides, whereas the Gaddafi Stadium will be the venue of the two Eliminators and the final.

Of the 34 event matches, National Stadium will stage nine matches and Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium will play host to 14 matches. Multan Sultans will play three games at the Multan Cricket Stadium, while Pindi Cricket Stadium will be the venue for eight matches.

According to the event schedule, defending champions Quetta Gladiators will play three matches in Lahore, four in Karachi, one in Multan and two in Rawalpindi; while Peshawar Zalmi, the 2017 winners and the 2019 losing finalists, will be in action in one match each in Lahore and Multan, three in Karachi and five in Rawalpindi.

Islamabad United will play three matches in Lahore, two in Karachi and five in Rawalpindi; Karachi Kings will play two matches in Lahore, five in Karachi, one in Multan and two in Rawalpindi; Multan Sultans will play five matches in Lahore, one in Karachi, three in Multan and one in Rawalpindi; and Lahore Qalandars will play eight matches in Lahore and one each in Karachi and Rawalpindi.

Trendinginsocial.com-HBL-PSL-2020-schedule-announced-660x330.jpg

I hope to watch 2-3 games in Gadaffi Stadium Lahore

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Really disappointed that Multan gets only three games, though I understand why. The stadium's just not ready, yet. Hopefully by the time they complete the renovation next season (2021), Peshawar's Arbab Niaz Stadium and Quetta's Bugti Stadium's renovations will also be completed.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Really disappointed that Multan gets only three games, though I understand why. The stadium's just not ready, yet. Hopefully by the time they complete the renovation next season (2021), Peshawar's Arbab Niaz Stadium and Quetta's Bugti Stadium's renovations will also be completed.
Peshawar stadium is not getting ready till PSL 2021, even though the pace of work is fast but I don't think that a 2 tier stadium can be made after demolition of the old buildings, construction of new buildings, all in only 12 months .The reason why Multan has 3 games is that the hotel is 4 star. The stadium is also very far from the hotel so the roads can't be cordoned off for long durations. It is just not feasible now but a Pearl Continental (5 star hotel) is under construction so, I hope the situation will improve. Is Bugti stadium under renovation? Unless something dramatic happens and peace in Quetta improves, I dont think we will have any games there till 2022/23. I am still hopeful that these stadiums are renovated in a short span of time.

I would also love to see games being hosted in Faisalabad, which has the most passionate crowd and also in the state of art Rafi Stadium in Karachi.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shadab Khan has been announced as Islamabad United's captain for PSL 2020 with Faheem Ashraf being his deputy.

Decent call, I think. It might be just a bit early for him but surely he has the potential to be a very good captain. Sarfaraz Ahmed often used to ask for advice from him, in Pakistan's games.

Users who are viewing this thread