Pakistan's tour of Australia - 3 T20Is and 2 Tests - November/December 2019

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Warner should have just went for the 400, not many batsman gets a opportunity like that.
Its was only 65 more runs.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
A missed opportunity. Time was not a factor here. Even if Australia bat through the entire day/night, they would still have 3 full days to bowl Pakistan out (something which can be expected given the morale of Pakistan at the moment)

An hour would have been enough for Warner to breach 400.

Typical sub-continental thinking to the fore here. If you've followed the Aussies over the years, you would know that personal milestones mean nothing to them. Agreeably, Warner could've breached 400, given the manner of his stroke-play. However, Australia did want to have a go at the Pakistani team and I believe they did very well here.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Typical sub-continental thinking to the fore here
You make it sound like it's a bad thing. Though I agree the bigger picture should be the Team's goals, but it wouldn't hurt if sometimes personal achievements take precedence - like in this case in my opinion

If you've followed the Aussies over the years, you would know that personal milestones mean nothing to them.
I've and I agree with you on it. However, this wasn't just a personal milestone. A world record was up for grabs. Surely that thought, even though he is not showing it and that's being a professional, would have crossed Warner's mind.

However, Australia did want to have a go at the Pakistani team and I believe they did very well here.
They still would have got a good 60-75 minutes to bowl at had they allowed Warner to go on. It wasn't even close to the end of the day.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sub-continental TV coverage and 'cricket experts', to this day, lay emphasis on the number of centuries scored by a batsman/ captain. I have no shame in saying that if an Indian /Pak/ any sub continental batsman were at the crease, the captain would have waited until that player reached 400. I've seen this happen with the Indian team in the past, where its cost us the game.(draw)

Definitely there would be the pro-400 Club people who would claim that Pakistan isn't in the form of their lives. However, its test cricket and we have seen the way Pak has fought back today. Who know what could have happened had they only come out to bat today? Perhaps they would have finished at 3/200 by the end of today.

B

Bigby Wolf

Yasir Shah making sure the balance between the runs conceded with the ball = Runs made with the bat. :p

On a serious note that goes to show if Pakistan somehow managed the new ball in the night Session not losing too many wickets that would have had a good chance on a very good batting pitch at the Adelaide Oval.

Users who are viewing this thread