Cricket 19 General Discussion

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So having taken a little break from the game I set up a tour to South Africa playing as England and decided to bowl first. Without going into the details of the match as that's not the point of this post. The point is that the game is a game that I keep coming back to and keep getting enjoyment out of. Yes there are some flaws and quirks but of all the games I have it is the one game I keep coming back to and really enjoy. Other games seem to bore me after a while but my love of cricket and the fix that this gives just keeps drawing me back in. Let's hope that BA continue the franchise and build on this foundation in the future. Just wanted to say that. My opinion, my perspective.
Couldn’t agree more with this post , there are some flaws but I enjoy playing this game , as I love cricket and this game gives us more that I ever imagined we’d get in a game , my first love is rugby union and I could only hope for something in this league for rugby union ...

D

Dutch

Couldn’t agree more with this post , there are some flaws but I enjoy playing this game , as I love cricket and this game gives us more that I ever imagined we’d get in a game , my first love is rugby union and I could only hope for something in this league for rugby union ...
The amount of customisation is insane and the types of wickets I am getting and the fact that I can really turn a batsman inside out with a good ball is so so satisfying!

Ramz

International Coach
is anybody having issues with how long it takes connecting to the academy? it takes ages to search for a team and download? Same with searching for a player

Sahil70

Club Captain
That's been an issue from day1 .

Kind of contradicts this .

Deep enhancements to the AI engine mean that the opposition is more realistic than ever before. When bowling, the AI will suss out your player and team’s weaknesses, and target that with a concentrated bowling strategy

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So having taken a little break from the game I set up a tour to South Africa playing as England and decided to bowl first. Without going into the details of the match as that's not the point of this post. The point is that the game is a game that I keep coming back to and keep getting enjoyment out of. Yes there are some flaws and quirks but of all the games I have it is the one game I keep coming back to and really enjoy. Other games seem to bore me after a while but my love of cricket and the fix that this gives just keeps drawing me back in. Let's hope that BA continue the franchise and build on this foundation in the future. Just wanted to say that. My opinion, my perspective.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve played nothing else since release. I don’t get a huge amount of gaming in a week but completed the World Cup, Ashes and England’s tour of New Zealand. The game will have some flaws but it’s a solid game. Best cricket game since original Lara and EA’s 2001 in my opinion.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
I think I'm an outlier when it comes to the latest patch, fielders have powder puff arms, my bowler is stuck in concrete for three seconds after he bowls, just flat out refuses to move at all, edges don't carry 99% of the time, regardless of pitch bounce, bowler pace (I average about 140-145). Prior to the latest patch, all was fine and fun. Its annoyed me to the point where I just decided to uninstall the game which is a crying shame.

Just wanted to say thanks to this great community and I might come back for the next cricket game, depending on how far or how little they decide to improve upon the next iteration.
The straight drive issue is crippling the game.I appreciate that it is a hard shot to execute and a players wagon wheel is not stacked with runs scored in this area but this is ridiculous.99% of shots end up being caught and bowled.Where you play and what shot is determined by the bowling but yon have to avoid playing this shot full stop.I had five C&B in one innings.Unplayable when you can only score runs in two small areas.Definately not realistic or enjoyable.

D

Dutch

The straight drive issue is crippling the game.I appreciate that it is a hard shot to execute and a players wagon wheel is not stacked with runs scored in this area but this is ridiculous.99% of shots end up being caught and bowled.Where you play and what shot is determined by the bowling but yon have to avoid playing this shot full stop.I had five C&B in one innings.Unplayable when you can only score runs in two small areas.Definately not realistic or enjoyable.

not wishing to dispute your claim at all but I wonder what may be causing this as I have not come across this issue at all....maybe if you post your settings we can get some insight into what may be at the root of this.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I absolutely relate to your experience. Same with me. I have almost played it everyday, especially since the selection screen as captain came back to career mode. I've just put it down as I think I just played a bit too much. So, got a little bored. I think when AO Tennis 2 comes out, I can alternate between the two games.

I don't play other games a lot, even Cod MW couldn't keep me occupied, as it's impossible to mutlitask playing that. When I play C19, I can easily have a real cricket match on my iPad and play some good C19 Matches. That's the best part of this game. Multi-tasking.

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
Guys just a quick question. I am currently playing world championship mode as England. Here i only play games in which England is involved and the rest of the games are simulated automatically. My question is do the stats for the simulated games get recorded/updated?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Yes it was better in the last patch n now c&b issue seems to be back again.

D

Dutch

Yes it was better in the last patch n now c&b issue seems to be back again.
Some empirical context is needed here: seems to be back? Back from what? back to? Seems? match type, how often, shot played, timing bar? Questions questions questions. if people just yell this kind of vague statement there is nothing that can be done, nothing.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Some empirical context is needed here: seems to be back? Back from what? back to? Seems? match type, how often, shot played, timing bar? Questions questions questions. if people just yell this kind of vague statement there is nothing that can be done, nothing.
indeed I seem to behaving no problems ;)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi

When creating a custom team is it possible to change the colour of the gloves?

I can’t see any option to do so.

Thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1577036702][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi

Are the form related perks only relevant to Career Mode or will they have an effect in a custom competition with many matches?

Thank you

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
In the process of an innings where I took an early wicket, edged and caught but not given and also had four catches dropped where I didn’t get given the chance to catch them... and 12th man is being recorded as playing a match all of a sudden... what is this... DBC14?

This game is such an improvement. I’m played some really good genuine competitions on it but this dropped catches thing is a killer. Why is it doing this all of a sudden? Give me the chance to catch it!

Users who are viewing this thread