Cricket 19 General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
M
I’m playing with my custom settings. I’m going to say it’s the most downloaded Seddon Park I can’t remember as I had it for a little while.

I’ve never done a play now only Ashes, World Championship and Tour.

I started this test post patch but the tour pre patch. Wonder if that would make any difference?? Maybe @Dutch could help on that question? I’m assuming not but where there was some changes that would only reset with a new competition??
Must be the patch then. It’s just strange that the ball only wears to a point that the logo fades.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I need good Career T20 settings please. Mohammed Sherry settings is way too hard for me. I also find it un-realistic that 90% of the time AI teams only lose max 4 wickets. I need sliders to make it more realistic pleeeease. I am currently playing Veteran default sliders.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW said he will forward this info to the development team in the new year.
I probably can, but I'm not sure what you're referring to. The Matt you'll usually interact with on the Support site isn't me, in case that's where that arose.

All I can say on ball wear is that I tested it out numerous times - including a few times bowling through 80 overs just to track it - I could never found a case where the ball did not wear at all. The last adjustments were made probably three or four patches ago that increased the rate that the ball would reach a worn state, the logo is the first thing that will wear off the ball, but further decline will occur from there.

There's a number of factors that influence ball wear, which would explain some variation in outcomes, including the condition of the pitch, the type of deliveries you bowl, shots the batters play against it, whether/how often you shine the ball, etc.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I probably can, but I'm not sure what you're referring to. The Matt you'll usually interact with on the Support site isn't me, in case that's where that arose.

All I can say on ball wear is that I tested it out numerous times - including a few times bowling through 80 overs just to track it - I could never found a case where the ball did not wear at all. The last adjustments were made probably three or four patches ago that increased the rate that the ball would reach a worn state, the logo is the first thing that will wear off the ball, but further decline will occur from there.

There's a number of factors that influence ball wear, which would explain some variation in outcomes, including the condition of the pitch, the type of deliveries you bowl, shots the batters play against it, whether/how often you shine the ball, etc.
Sorry for the confusion MattW. I have played and tested on numerous games now and only the logo fades. If you read all my posts you will find that I have tested this on different pitches too. I find it very hard to believe that after 80+ overs the ball still looks new. No matter what pitch conditions or shots played by batsmen. I’m not saying you are wrong!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

Any idea what the optimum pitch conditions would be for proper destroying the ball then? Just so I can prove to myself I'm not crazy

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I’m playing on pc and installed from Steam last week.

Users who are viewing this thread