Favourite commentary lines

SlogSweep_Tez

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Ouch........... its funny what the Kiwi commentators say in two sections of this vid

D

Deleted member 46200

Juvenile humour aside...this one takes the cake..."The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey."
Every sixteen post someone mentions that... A classic but it all about the reactions to an innocent comment x

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
If anyone can find this book "The Guinness Book of Cricket Blunders" it's excellent reading. My high school library had it, I've never been able to find a copy since. But it does offer some amazing commentary gaffes as well as stories of absolute stupidity on and off the field.

One story that I recall...a fast bowler was doing something like 20 overs straight. He was like "Why doesn't the bloody captain take me off?" He didn't realise that said captain had gone off the field hurt about an hour before and as vice captain the bowler himself was now in charge of the team.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In the air, Gone. Not that important he is gone the next ball. Brilliant from Amir. Pakistan cricket at its best. One minute down, next minute up. (Kohli's dismissal in CT 2017 Final narrated brilliantly by Nasser Hussain)

This could be Ab de Villiers or Kohli, such is the command. I don't remember commentator's name but it was about Babar Azam when he was smashing Steyn to all parts in Pak tour of SA 1st test 2018

It is up in the air and it's six. Shahid Afridi you beauty what a win! Ramiz Raja said this when Afridi hit 2 sixes and won the game against India in 2014 Asia Cup

Carlos Brathwaite.... the dream is diminshed. Ian Bishop in WI vs NZ game in WC 2019.

I can't forget a gem from Ramiz Raja; David Weise doesn't need a visa to hit sixes :lol (Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars PSL 2019)

The Cricket Story

School Cricketer
1. A funny one is when Andre Russell dived to save a boundary during an India-WI test in 2011:

Ian Bishop: Reminds you of a young Tony Cozier, this man.
Tony Cozier: You weren’t even a thought in your parents’ head when I did that

2. Another one that makes me chuckle is the Richie Benaud one on McGrath:
"And Glenn McGrath dismissed for two, just 98 runs short of his century.”

Users who are viewing this thread