County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW , any update on when the Switch will be receiving the last patch that rolled out to PC and PS4 on 19/12?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It did go live straight away, in fact i'm still waiting for my xbox to update..... The switch beat it :)
Xbox received the same update around a day after PS4. Should display version number 1.1.5.0 on the Manage Games & addons screen.

arsh3565

Club Cricketer
Cricket 19 switch version need a stability patch just bought switch and cricket19 and its not smooth as it should be... is there any patch coming up for switch users?

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Cricket 19 switch version need a stability patch just bought switch and cricket19 and its not smooth as it should be... is there any patch coming up for switch users?
Yes game doesn't feel smooth, although game is decent on switch though

intrancer

Club Captain

do you regret getting it?

i was about to pick up a switch and cricket 19 , but really not sure?

Last edited:

CuriousityKilledAmeriCat

School Cricketer
do you regret getting it?

i was about to pick up a switch and cricket 19 , but really not sure?

I am a relatively newb to cricket / cricket video games -- ventured out & tried it while in quarantine. I don't necessarily regret it. But it's hard to catch on, especially because some of the controls & gameplay seem unintuitive -- at least if you are a casual player. Also, it does take a while to load but gets a little faster after the first few times.

Batting on the switch with standard control is pretty decent for the most part. Most of the controls with the left stick for direction of the hit and x, a, b, y for type of hit makes sense. But I find the footwork controls very unintuitive because you have hold the ZR trigger to lean back for pitches that bounce high but L to try to keep it grounded so you don't get caught, which is an awkward combo given LZ trigger isn't used for anything. I wish there were a option to remap the controls -- ZR to lean back, ZL for grounding hits, & L for unorthodox, OR ZR to lean forward & R to lean back, and ZL for grounding hits & L for unorthodox. (Originally, I was shown a option to custom map the controls, but since I picked standard control, it totally disappeared.)

For pitching, I find myself just looking at HUD at the right corner and totally disconnected from the actual players/gameplay. I wish it was like RBI baseball's gameplay that places the HUD overlaid on the gameplay itself. Concept is the same between the two games: first select the type of pitch, then the pitch placement with varying level of difficulty / resistance on the exact placement of the pitch based on the skill of the pitcher. This would make pitching a lot more enjoyable at least for casual players.

The catching gameplay of bringing the left stick into scope within the limited time makes it both exciting and challenging. Overall, it wouldn't be a bad download, especially if they make some of these improvements in future updates.

upload_2020-6-16_23-19-34.pngupload_2020-6-16_23-20-47.png

Last edited by a moderator:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am a relatively newb to cricket / cricket video games -- ventured out & tried it while in quarantine. I don't necessarily regret it. But it's hard to catch on, especially because some of the controls & gameplay seem unintuitive -- at least if you are a casual player. Also, it does take a while to load but gets a little faster after the first few times.

Batting on the switch with standard control is pretty decent for the most part. Most of the controls with the left stick for direction of the hit and x, a, b, y for type of hit makes sense. But I find the footwork controls very unintuitive because you have hold the ZR trigger to lean back for pitches that bounce high but L to try to keep it grounded so you don't get caught, which is an awkward combo given LZ trigger isn't used for anything. I wish there were a option to remap the controls -- ZR to lean back, ZL for grounding hits, & L for unorthodox, OR ZR to lean forward & R to lean back, and ZL for grounding hits & L for unorthodox. (Originally, I was shown a option to custom map the controls, but since I picked standard control, it totally disappeared.)

For pitching, I find myself just looking at HUD at the right corner and totally disconnected from the actual players/gameplay. I wish it was like RBI baseball's gameplay that places the HUD overlaid on the gameplay itself. Concept is the same between the two games: first select the type of pitch, then the pitch placement with varying level of difficulty / resistance on the exact placement of the pitch based on the skill of the pitcher. This would make pitching a lot more enjoyable at least for casual players.

The catching gameplay of bringing the left stick into scope within the limited time makes it both exciting and challenging. Overall, it wouldn't be a bad download, especially if they make some of these improvements in future updates.

View attachment 233562View attachment 233563
In terms of bowling, I agree that the position of the hud takes you out of the action. I think Big Bash Boom had a different way which looked a bit better, but i didn't play that game.

Personally, for a good while i dont look at the hud. I use the run up/bowling arm position to trigger my buttom pushes. Mainly because i don't want to spend hald of my time looking at a hud. They've added an option to remove the hud too. Might not be easy if you're new to game but it's one way to adapt thay makes you feel more engaged in the action.

The trigger points are generally when the bowler first jumps and when the bowling arm is at the top of its delivery arc.

intrancer

Club Captain

View attachment 233562View attachment 233563

I ended up getting for the switch for portability gameplay, its so much better then i thought, the loading times arent that bad, i expected worse.
I would suggest playing classic control mode, that is so much better, it is worth learning it, and the payback is awesome.

I would also suggest to calibrate your sticks via the switch menu.

Users who are viewing this thread