True Or False!

When Saffron first joined PC another newbie told her that member told him he was an undercover Spy?

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I once went to local park in the 80’s and Aston Villa team turned up and the manager got the European Cup (Champion's League trophy) out of boot of his car !

True or False ?[DOUBLEPOST=1579333587][/DOUBLEPOST]Poll added :p

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I once went to local park in the 80’s and Aston Villa team turned up and the manager got the European Cup (Champion's League trophy) out of boot of his car !

True

PEACE MAKER

ICC Board Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Mumbai Indians
CSK
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India

False

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....

I'm gonna say it's a porky cos you defo would have mentioned this already and if so I certainly would have remembered :p

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England

I'll say FALSE! :D

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I'm gonna say it's a porky cos you defo would have mentioned this already and if so I certainly would have remembered :p
Well it’s TRUE :p

this was nearly 40 years ago now but what I can still remember clearly is as follows :

• Villa turned up at Wake Green Amateurs (cannot remember why - to show off European Cup probably )
  • Gary Shaw running around the perimeter of pitch
  • I happened to be in car park when manager Ron Saunders turned up (I think it was a Jag or something similar)
  • He opened up the boot of his car and got out the European Cup
  • I must have been about 10 foot away - I don’t recall hardly any security but this was 1982/3 :p

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Well it’s TRUE :p

this was nearly 40 years ago now but what I can still remember clearly is as follows :

• Villa turned up at Wake Green Amateurs (cannot remember why - to show off European Cup probably )
  • Gary Shaw running around the perimeter of pitch
  • I happened to be in car park when manager Ron Saunders turned up (I think it was a Jag or something similar)
  • He opened up the boot of his car and got out the European Cup
  • I must have been about 10 foot away - I don’t recall hardly any security but this was 1982/3 :p
Do you also remember jumping for joy when Peter Withe slotted home in 82? (This I do remember you telling me) :p

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Tell us more!! :D
All to do with football - back in those days the champions of the English top league would play the champions of the other top leagues across Europe in a competition called the European Cup

Villa were in this 81-82 and back then the League Champions were basically representing their country so Villa were representing England so they had most of country behind them (seems laughable nowadays buts that’s how it was )

All throughout the competition I wanted Villa to lose though (as arch rivals to my team, Birmingham) but they got to the final. At that point my nationalistic pride overridden my club pride so i wanted Villa to win
They scored and I cheered when they did - it’s the ONLY Villa goal I have celebrated as they basically won the Cup for England :p

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
All to do with football - back in those days the champions of the English top league would play the champions of the other top leagues across Europe in a competition called the European Cup

Villa were in this 81-82 and back then the League Champions were basically representing their country so Villa were representing England so they had most of country behind them (seems laughable nowadays buts that’s how it was )

All throughout the competition I wanted Villa to lose though (as arch rivals to my team, Birmingham) but they got to the final. At that point my nationalistic pride overridden my club pride so i wanted Villa to win
They scored and I cheered when they did - it’s the ONLY Villa goal I have celebrated as they basically won the Cup for England :p
So you'd never cheer a goal by Villa in normal games? :p

I've never liked football, my brothers are football mad but it's never rubbed off on me! :D

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
One of my friends is a microbiologist, she once told me that the tv remote controls in hotel bedrooms are a breeding ground for germs and when she stays in hotels she usually covers her remote control with the shower cap that's provided!

True or False? :D

Users who are viewing this thread