gleeso73 Retro Teams

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
At the request of @Warlow ...

Added:- Australia, South Africa, New Zealand 1993-94 WSC tri-series teams.

Great series with the lightning bolt design shirts. Designers hit their peak in that era as the domestic shirts were also at their pinnacle during that season.

Credit to @Mouseydread @blockerdave , Westcity222 and other designers for RSA and NZ players.

those were great shirts!

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Added:-

New South Wales 1920s
South Australia 1920s
Victoria 1920s

Australian Club 1832
Military Club 1832 + Hyde Park, Sydney
(Currency Club 1832 to come)

Marrickville (mid-20th century Sydney club)
East Sydney (1880s Sydney club)

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Wynnum-Manly (Brisbane)
South Hobart-Sandy Bay

Actually running out for space for teams now :noway

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
There may be an involuntary end soon...I seem to have maxed-out the amount of teams :D

I’m a pretty obsessive amateur historian and when I read about historical teams, I have to bring them back to life. It’s pretty addictive...but I know you and @blockerdave understand the feeling :cheers

There is always more! Haha! I think @relaxedanderson has done some county sides. I played with your Aussies from 1910 last night pretty good, O just watched AI vs AI and Clem Hill and Charley Macartney took the South African 1900s team apart!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
There may be an involuntary end soon...I seem to have maxed-out the amount of teams :D

I’m a pretty obsessive amateur historian and when I read about historical teams, I have to bring them back to life. It’s pretty addictive...but I know you and @blockerdave understand the feeling :cheers

This is was a 2nd profile was invented for

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Added:- Currency Club 1832

Background: the first 3 main cricket clubs in the colony of New South Wales were the Australian, Currency and Military clubs.

The Australian Club’s colour was blue and their symbol was a cornstalk which was an early concept as a floral emblem for Australia.

The Currency Club’s colour seemed to be green. The term ‘currency’ was used for Australian-born citizens who made-up the club. I adopted the kangaroo as the club’s cap logo as it was a symbol of the currency community.

The Military Club was a combination of a number of regiments which also had their own teams.

The teams played in Hyde Park which is in the centre of the city of Sydney. Interestingly the northern end of the current park is still shaped like a cricket ground.

I’ve tried to create a fairly authentic Hyde Park with St Mary’s Cathedral, St James’s Church and Victoria Barracks and a notoriously patchy outfield.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Added:-

Riverina ATB + Robertson Oval, Wagga

This region of NSW was my longtime home.

Qualification was born/resided/played in the Riverina region which includes such names as Don Bradman (Cootamundra), Mark Taylor (Leeton/West Wyalong), Michael Slater (Wagga), Geoff Lawson (Wagga), Brian Taber (Wagga), Bill O’Reilly (Griffith), Adam Gilchrist ( Deniliquin), Daniel Christian (Narrandera).

A pretty impressive list.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Updated:- Australian Imperial Force (under: gleeso73)

The team was formed from Australian servicemen after WWI. Toured in England, South Africa and Australia in 1919 playing mostly county, provincial and state sides.

Eng: Won 15, Drew 15, Lost 3
SA: Won 8, Drew 2
Aus: Won 2, Drew 1

Launched the future test careers of Herbert Collins, Charles Kelleway, Clarence Pellew, Johnny Taylor, Jack Gregory, Bert Oldfield and Hammy Love.

Incredibly beat the Victorian and New South Wales Sheffield Shield sides with rain saving the Queensland team from certain defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread