RUGBY Rugby 20

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I honestly don’t know why anyone would buy a game off the reviews that come out initially, it’s always best to wait to get a true reflection of what the game is really like

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I honestly don’t know why anyone would buy a game off the reviews that come out initially, it’s always best to wait to get a true reflection of what the game is really like

I use reviews to see whether a game is worth considering. The Rugby 18 reviews were all so uniformly bad, that I could safely dismiss the game. The Rugby 20 reviews however, lead me to thinking that this game is certainly worth considering, and that I'll come back to it after the first patch or two. There are several problems that all the reviews flagged that I'm going to look out for in the patches.

TomW777

Club Captain
I use reviews to see whether a game is worth considering. The Rugby 18 reviews were all so uniformly bad, that I could safely dismiss the game. The Rugby 20 reviews however, lead me to thinking that this game is certainly worth considering, and that I'll come back to it after the first patch or two. There are several problems that all the reviews flagged that I'm going to look out for in the patches.
I think your right. The general consensus seems to be that the game is possibly only a few tweaks away from being a pretty good game (probably a bit like Big Ben's other game AO Tennis in that regard). It will never be a Jonah Lomu Rugby or Rugby 08 but it should be pretty playable. I will consider buying it when the price comes down. Anyway I hope Big Ben do make money on this game so they persist in making rugby games because it does look like they are slowly getting on the right track. The Rugby Challenge series while producing relatively good games hasn't been making any progress as they keep copy and pasting their games.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
This was posted by BigBen on FB today. It appears to say that there was a patch, but I can't find anything that says what the patch contains. Can anyone who has the game shed any light?

Annotation 2020-01-29 115400.png

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I’m getting very tempted by this.. they seem pretty committed to representing the sport accurately..

I'm tempted too, but I might wait till Rugby Challenge 4 comes out, so that I can see what that has to offer.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game goes on sale then, as well.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm tempted too, but I might wait till Rugby Challenge 4 comes out, so that I can see what that has to offer.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game goes on sale then, as well.

Be safe to assume challenge 4 will be graphically superior. But I do like the the tactics and In-depth plays that’s seem to be available in 20. What I haven’t seen in any video yet, is someone properly playing utilizing all those tactics. Setting line depth etc.

Do we know when Challenge 4 is releasing!?

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Be safe to assume challenge 4 will be graphically superior. But I do like the the tactics and In-depth plays that’s seem to be available in 20. What I haven’t seen in any video yet, is someone properly playing utilizing all those tactics. Setting line depth etc.

Do we know when Challenge 4 is releasing!?

I thought it was supposed to be sometime in March, but I can't find anything that confirms that.

The most videos I've seen on Rugby 20 are from Rygbi. He seems to post almost daily, so check his stuff out.

He just posted a video today about a guy who has modded Rugby 20 on the PC to add in missing international teams, including England.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I thought it was supposed to be sometime in March, but I can't find anything that confirms that.

The most videos I've seen on Rugby 20 are from Rygbi. He seems to post almost daily, so check his stuff out.

He just posted a video today about a guy who has modded Rugby 20 on the PC to add in missing international teams, including England.

I have Rugby 20 on PS4 , played about 10 hours so far ,it is ok , the set plays and tactics taking getting used to but when you pull off dummy switch perfectly it is great.

It’s a rough diamond , I’ve said through all the beta testing the game is still a bit headless chicken running about , AI kicking back weird , offsides nonexistent , passing slightly delayed response...

No player name editor means Southern Hemisphere sides like ABs and Boks are not able to be changed , you cannot transfer licensed England players into unlicensed England national team across rosters , this type of thing is a big deal to me

There is a career mode where you do some sort of ultimate team thing with your club and you can play the licensed comps , but my gut feel is it lacks longevity, I’m hoping I’m wrong and the devs engagement has been excellent

I’m playing it more and more as 6 nations has fired my enthusiasm so hoping I find hidden depths not yet found ....

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I have Rugby 20 on PS4 , played about 10 hours so far ,it is ok , the set plays and tactics taking getting used to but when you pull off dummy switch perfectly it is great.

It’s a rough diamond , I’ve said through all the beta testing the game is still a bit headless chicken running about , AI kicking back weird , offsides nonexistent , passing slightly delayed response...

No player name editor means Southern Hemisphere sides like ABs and Boks are not able to be changed , you cannot transfer licensed England players into unlicensed England national team across rosters , this type of thing is a big deal to me

There is a career mode where you do some sort of ultimate team thing with your club and you can play the licensed comps , but my gut feel is it lacks longevity, I’m hoping I’m wrong and the devs engagement has been excellent

I’m playing it more and more as 6 nations has fired my enthusiasm so hoping I find hidden depths not yet found ....

The "career mode lacks longevity" complaint is one I've heard before. It does put me off from buying the game. I like long, deep career modes.

Are you playing the latest beta? I was wondering whether it addresses some of the issues, such as the delayed responses that you and others have mentioned.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The "career mode lacks longevity" complaint is one I've heard before. It does put me off from buying the game. I like long, deep career modes.

Are you playing the latest beta? I was wondering whether it addresses some of the issues, such as the delayed responses that you and others have mentioned.

I’m not playing the beta , I think that is on Steam , I’ve been distracted by family/work stuff so not got to any gaming recently and all my spare time this weekend will be watching 6 nations and hoping roof doesn’t blow off with storm Ciara !

I’m holding out hope that rugby challenge 4 has be a pro mode which was ok in the previous edition, we just need a creation hub that allows downloading of players like C19 , which we can all agree has some very talented people making some amazing stuff , that adds so much to that particular game

Users who are viewing this thread