No Requests Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod - Official Downloads Topic

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But my problem is...When I click on that switcher, it shows it's enabled but the .big file's name doesn't change. And nor does the bowling reticle appear.

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Ah maybe the switcher is not working for you :-( Did you refresh the folder to check the name didn't change for sure? You might need to go back to the previous directory then forward to the 'final' directory or otherwise press the refresh button on the top horizontal navigation menu.

Can you try to run it as Administrator/give it Admin privileges?

If that doesn't work try to manually rename async.big.w32 to BATTING.async.big.w32 then after that rename BOWLING.async.big.w32 to async.big.w32 and open the game :-)

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@Toby I just noticed at the bottom of the second image you posted the "Access is denied" line twice - this is because the .bat file has been unable to rename the files (I guess maybe because it's in C:\Program Files directory and mine is in E:\Games).

So now we've found the problem, try to right click the batting-bowling-switcher and select "Run as administrator" from the Menu, then pay attention to the bottom of the black Window and see if it still says those: "Access is denied" lines :)

If that doesn't work and/or you want a more permanent solution so you don't need to click "Run as administrator" every time you will need to right click the batting-bowling-switcher file and go to the "Security" Tab:
image.png

Then you need to try and add more permissions for your user and the 'Administrator" account too possibly, you can try to click "Edit" but you might find that clicking on the Checkboxes you find there won't do anything, if that's the case you need to click "Advanced" at the bottom and try to add more permissions through there, easiest will be just to enable "Full Control" where possible but modify and write should be sufficient too I think.

Last edited:

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks again mate. Now I will do as you told. You've been so helpful, never ever have I seen anyone being so helpful to the fellow users of their mods as you've been right throughout. So, I am very thankful to you for that ! Cheers :)

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
You're welcome mate, and this information may be useful to other users who can't get the batting-bowling-switcher to work so thank-you for reporting the issues, together we have probably helped some more people too :) When I get time I will add this information to the instructions.

Also I have really appreciated your enthusiasm and encouragement throughout and I'm really happy that at least one other person besides me is playing and enjoying the Mod! :cheers

Have a great Weekend and just let me know if you have any more troubles!

Also, please let me know if running as administrator fixed it for you :)

Last edited:

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Buddy can we contact through another medium ? Since I am always curious to ask a lot of stuffs, it's quite inconvenient for me to come over to the forums every now and then for that purpose (I hope you understand)

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Buddy can we contact through another medium ? Since I am always curious to ask a lot of stuffs, it's quite inconvenient for me to come over to the forums every now and then for that purpose (I hope you understand)

Sure, I have sent you a PM.

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
Can post plz post the manual installation download.

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
The Game is stuck after applying it. Will try one more time though

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey mate !

@AshesCricket2019 I have a request cum suggestion.

Can you update the English and Aussie ODI and T20 kits so that we might play this patch as a whole package of the English tour including the Ashes tests as well as the ODIs & iT20s too ?

It's up to you buddy, completely fine even if you can't do it right now. Just a suggestion :^)

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
And btw just completed the Ashes series in the game, and we won 3-2 ! The final test at the Oval proved to be the decider, absolutely enjoyed it ! Never enjoyed this game that much since completing the 2009 series in the same game quite long ago...

Your mod rocked all the way through. Cheers buddy :cheers

Last edited:

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@AshesCricket2019 Mate, I've just found a setting flaw in the mod. Joe Denly, who is a right-arm leg spinner (in real life), is bowling right-arm medium pace in the game. How can we correct it ?

Users who are viewing this thread