TENNIS AO Tennis 2

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
There's a couple, but it's still very minimal and they do seem to be the exact same errors each time in my experience so far. AI is still very overpowered.

I'm seeing AI shots going wide, and service returns hit into the net. I haven't seen any shots going long, or non-returns hit into the net.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I take back some of what I said (shouldn't have done this late at night!). I do see your scenario. It's one of the very few that's well-named. But I can't download all 327 scenarios. After 100, I see "Academy service is not available". Anyone else seeing this?

I agree that a scenario description would be a great addition. I asked for that during the Cricket 19 beta, but was told that there were technical reasons why it couldn't be added.
I would love to know what the technical reasons are Lol. Having descriptions in there sounds easy and a no brainer for me but there must be a good reason as to why it can’t happen

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I would love to know what the technical reasons are Lol. Having descriptions in there sounds easy and a no brainer for me but there must be a good reason as to why it can’t happen

I would have thought it was easy as well. This was the answer I got from the devs for Cricket 19: "we don't have that information on the server to send down". I was hoping that could have been changed for AO2.

I've reported the problem I'm seeing with scenario downloads in the academy.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Going back to the roster for a second -
They mentioned that tried to balance the roster and include a nice variety but There’s 1 American man in the top 35 in the world ...yet 3 American men are in the game.
There’s SIX American women in the top 35...yet not a single American woman in the game.
Considering the US is a huge market and the US women are far more prolific than the men( 4 active US women have majors- not a single US man has even made a major final) and there’s so many in the top of the rankings....it just seems odd.

Anyways, no big issue and it’s just something I noticed and figured I’d share( the Federer and Osaka stuff are also odd).Now back to the daily conversation of errors and AI!

christy_lenin1

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played yesterday with the new patch and I had a much satisfying experience.

Side spin physics has been toned down and now it looks like a proper tennis game. I can feel improvements on shot reach range, reflex animations and ball speed.

Still long way to go but i think they are on the right track now.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Just finished a match where the AI made more unforced errors than I did, 26-11. I still lost 0-6, 4-6, but that's progress.

I've still never seen the AI put a shot into the net, except on service returns.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
what do you think about weekly patches instead of monthly patches?

They did that with the first game for a while, but they often ended up fixing one thing and breaking another.

With this game, they introduced a lot of the issues they actually fixed in the first game. There's a lot that needs to be done to please the majority of tennis fans, still seeing daily comments that people would rather go back to Top Spin, Virtua Tennis, Tennis Elbow or Full Ace.

On Steam, most are suggesting for the high price of the game, they need to be able to justify it since it's actually more expensive than a lot of AAA titled games.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
On Steam, most are suggesting for the high price of the game, they need to be able to justify it since it's actually more expensive than a lot of AAA titled games.
Is there a AAA sports game that doesn't have microtransactions to make money these days? I'm guessing AO 2 doesn't.

Last edited:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Is there a AAA sports game that doesn't have microtransactions to make money these days? I'm guessing AO 2 doesn't.

My point wasn't about micro transactions though, that's always up to the individual if they choose to pay more to get ahead in the respective games that use the services.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
My point wasn't about micro transactions though, that's always up to the individual if they choose to pay more to get ahead in the respective games that use the services.
Yes but it's relevant if the complaint is about the cost of a game BA release vs AAA games. BA sell the game and that's it.

They also don't release a new version of the same game every year.

Users who are viewing this thread