Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Still playing, behind on write ups.

collapsed again in 2nd inns of 3rd test, set a small target and they knocked it off losing only Greenidge for a 9 wicket win. Haynes got an unbeaten 50.

4th test I bat first and disappointed to make only 265. Typical "England 90s" inns of lots of starts, no big scores. Bailey top scores with 86 batting at number 3 (Steward pushed up to open with Gooch out for the series, Lamb captaining.

Don't think it's enough, seems a good batting pitch. But then Small rips through their top order taking 5 of the first 6 wickets, leaving them in real trouble. Dujon scores an unbeaten 60-odd with some support from the tail, but they're out for 160. I've got a nice lead of 105.

2 down for 120-odd close of day 2, a big lead beckoning if I bat well on day 3. Chance to square the series.

Will post some video shortly.

Adjusted the size of that if for you bud :lol

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Adjusted the size of that if for you bud :lol

Im in no risk mode. Only just the start of day 3 and AI goes into beast mode in the 4th inns run chase so I won’t be happy with anything less than 500 as a target. Happy to roll along 1 or 2 an over past lunch on day 4.

that’s the plan anyway: we shall see!

I’m determined to at least get one century

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Im in no risk mode. Only just the start of day 3 and AI goes into beast mode in the 4th inns run chase so I won’t be happy with anything less than 500 as a target. Happy to roll along 1 or 2 an over past lunch on day 4.

that’s the plan anyway: we shall see!

I’m determined to at least get one century

Yeah I've adjusted my difficulty recently and making more than 250 is a real challenge, epically with all the 90mph+ bowling. Best of luck :lol

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah I've adjusted my difficulty recently and making more than 250 is a real challenge, epically with all the 90mph+ bowling. Best of luck :lol

what i find very hard especially vs the west indies is there's no let up. All right arm fast, accurate. if there's a couple of fielders in the covers it's hard to pierce them and score on the offside, but the line is so consistent there's not much to hit leg side. real test of patience. turns out i'm not such a blocker after all!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
mate stupid question.. how do I find all your teams. I got the urge but can’t find any!!

they should all be shared under the username RetroCricket (a profile I use just for this stuff) - Give me a shout if you cant see them there and I'll double check when I'm home tonight

what i find very hard especially vs the west indies is there's no let up. All right arm fast, accurate. if there's a couple of fielders in the covers it's hard to pierce them and score on the offside, but the line is so consistent there's not much to hit leg side. real test of patience. turns out i'm not such a blocker after all!

Relentless isn't it. The just bowl ball after ball at 90+, outside off, 4 slips and a gully, point, cover and mid off. I'm scoring at about 2rpo at best, praying they give a part time spinner a go or something :lol

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Relentless isn't it. The just bowl ball after ball at 90+, outside off, 4 slips and a gully, point, cover and mid off. I'm scoring at about 2rpo at best, praying they give a part time spinner a go or something :lol

I know. I keep thinking - surely they'll let Carl Hooper turn his arm over soon, but no.

Can't wait to get into the home summer of 1990 - New Zealand and India, should be a bit more variety in that. Problem is I'm actually shite at playing spin!

I've had games where until over 25+ I've been under 1rpo. Then it usually eases up a bit, I guess the ball is older or they're tired. Touch wood this inns hasn't been bad at all - I'm actually going at over 3. Mostly that's because I've been battering Moseley at about 7 an over - for some reason they've given him a field with huge gap in the covers... I'm not complaining :lol

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I know. I keep thinking - surely they'll let Carl Hooper turn his arm over soon, but no.

Can't wait to get into the home summer of 1990 - New Zealand and India, should be a bit more variety in that. Problem is I'm actually shite at playing spin!

I've had games where until over 25+ I've been under 1rpo. Then it usually eases up a bit, I guess the ball is older or they're tired. Touch wood this inns hasn't been bad at all - I'm actually going at over 3. Mostly that's because I've been battering Moseley at about 7 an over - for some reason they've given him a field with huge gap in the covers... I'm not complaining :lol

Aye there's decent variety in the New Zealand side for that series, not looked at India yet (its coming soon haha) - but the West Indies is brutal. I'm also looking forward to being able to bowl some spin myself, its dull bowling 100 overs of right arm pace

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Aye there's decent variety in the New Zealand side for that series, not looked at India yet (its coming soon haha) - but the West Indies is brutal. I'm also looking forward to being able to bowl some spin myself, its dull bowling 100 overs of right arm pace

Yeah, I've even been bowling the odd over of Nasser Hussain's non-turning filthy leg spin.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Found them..

South Africa v England 1999

Gibbs and Kirsten currently sending ne to all parts! Haha

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, I've even been bowling the odd over of Nasser Hussain's non-turning filthy leg spin.

Tried that, over went for 11. Never again. Absolute pies them[DOUBLEPOST=1581955082][/DOUBLEPOST]
Found them..

South Africa v England 1999

Gibbs and Kirsten currently sending ne to all parts! Haha

Good man, if I remember rightly, that SA side might be the best of the 1999 ones

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Iv hit back with Flintoff and Giles who I don’t think actually played but never mind haha!

I think Fred played a game or two in the home series in 98 but he wasn’t picked for the away series in 99.

game 1 of that away series featured luminaries such as Gavin Hamilton and Chris Adams!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think Fred played a game or two in the home series in 98 but he wasn’t picked for the away series in 99.

game 1 of that away series featured luminaries such as Gavin Hamilton and Chris Adams!

Correct he played in 98! I didn’t really pay attention to lineups for the first test I was just fiddling about with new PC. More or less correct though..

Fred has dismantled the top order after a century opening stand!

Users who are viewing this thread