MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So this is the type of support BA gives. Ticket closed with absolutely no feedback. I still love the game but just saying. I have the right to complain because I have paid for the game and a bit of better support would be greatly appreciated. MattW said before that he did test ball wear and it works in all formats. If it did work then why don’t they share the information (settings)to get it to work? I really do love the game but too many things are left that could make the game close to perfect.

View attachment 230296

Don't know what you're expecting, maybe a personal patch for just yourself? They've heard you and passed it along. The game came out May last year, they're a pretty small team that is working on AO2 and future projects. The game isn't perfect by any means, no such thing as perfection, but its the game we have, and probably in its final form. Don't mean to be rude, but you're coming off as a bit of brat in this case. Consider it a lesson in moving on.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Without wanting to sound like I'm sticking up for them. Other than it being passed for feedback, what were you expecting them to say?
most likely look for a solution it just a stock standard response and to us looks like a copy and paste it won't happen basically beat you they don't pass it on now with the game been around a year

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
A simple response that they are working on problems in the game is good enough. Lol for the one on giving me an individual patch. It’s because people let thing slide that we sit with half baked products. We pay for a full game not a demo version.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Don't know what you're expecting, maybe a personal patch for just yourself? They've heard you and passed it along. The game came out May last year, they're a pretty small team that is working on AO2 and future projects. The game isn't perfect by any means, no such thing as perfection, but its the game we have, and probably in its final form. Don't mean to be rude, but you're coming off as a bit of brat in this case. Consider it a lesson in moving on.
Brat you say my friend. I’m 43 years old and work for what I want in life. If I pay for something then it must be right. It’s only decency to keep your supporters up to date with any progress. I keep supporting them because of my love for cricket.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
There is option of special delivery in my players menu for wrist spinner but it's not shown during the game or during practice, what are the special deliveries and when will they be activated if so they are present and can we Choose them?

It should be googly I think. Off the top of my head, you should have leg break, top-spin and slider then there’s googly. That’s four options in the create player bit and four options when bowling. I think it just says special delivery in Academy but googly in match. It should be in the circle that you have to select delivery type from when you bowl each delivery, to the left of the tall thin bar.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A simple response that they are working on problems in the game is good enough. Lol for the one on giving me an individual patch. It’s because people let thing slide that we sit with half baked products. We pay for a full game not a demo version.

But what if they are not?

Half-baked is quite a ludicrous exaggeration.

Believe me, ball-wear and pitch wear/cracks etc. annoy me. But you raised a ticket, they answered you and said it would be passed on. The person answering would not have any responsibility for insisting on a)their being another patch or b)what is in it.

I've got my criticisms of BA, but this is a "why Boris no go see flood" wah wah wah exercise.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
But what if they are not?

Half-baked is quite a ludicrous exaggeration.

Believe me, ball-wear and pitch wear/cracks etc. annoy me. But you raised a ticket, they answered you and said it would be passed on. The person answering would not have any responsibility for insisting on a)their being another patch or b)what is in it.

I've got my criticisms of BA, but this is a "why Boris no go see flood" wah wah wah exercise.
We raised ticket or acknowledge the problem only because we want perfect house to build,
No doubt game great and appreciable ,but small small improvments will make near to perfection .
Just as pitch wear / crack was great feature but somehow after the patch it disappears
Raising issues is Passion to have perfect game .

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's still rough though that in 2020 we don't have pitch deterioration and ball wear, and if we do, nobody can really tell us how to unlock it, or where it is. This game is like a riddle. I mean it's a good one, but BA are definitely one of the stranger companies I've ever seen make games. They remind me of Laminar Research who make a flight sim called X-plane where things sort of happen on the whims of one guy, the community are very defensive, there are massive things missing which nobody can really understand, but a lot of it is a work of genius.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, agreed. BA aren't a big company, so they have to be continually making games, so I understand from a business perspective that eventually they have to move on completely to focus on the next game they're making to make sure it maximises sales - time is money. I've seen a lot of small-medium sized game companies fold after having multiple successful games and then have one bad one game and the next thing, they're gone. Still wouldn't mind pitch degradation - only problem I have with this is that last few cricket games there were foot marks etc, but when you saved a game and came back, the pitch reset to pristine conditions.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
If they could only sort out these issues I probably wouldn't bother playing another game...

1) AI field placings (i.e one fielder on the leg side then bowling ball after ball on leg stump)
2) following on from number 1, remove the feature that makes fielders have a shy at the stumps if you even look like you might run. It's easy to get runs by knocking it to point or gully then pretending to take a single as they throw it at the stumps, miss them and you get 4 for overthrows as there's nobody on the leg side backing up.
3) tone down how overpowered the grounded aggressive shot is.
4) bring in a wider variety of dismissals when bowling - stumped, catches around the field not just at slip or short leg.

I'm no programmer but these seem like easy fixes to me. And if they were sorted the game would be twice as good IMO

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's still rough though that in 2020 we don't have pitch deterioration and ball wear, and if we do, nobody can really tell us how to unlock it, or where it is. This game is like a riddle. I mean it's a good one, but BA are definitely one of the stranger companies I've ever seen make games. They remind me of Laminar Research who make a flight sim called X-plane where things sort of happen on the whims of one guy, the community are very defensive, there are massive things missing which nobody can really understand, but a lot of it is a work of genius.

ball wear and pitches are the things that irk me more than anything, since they’re so fundamental to any representation of the long-form game.

And they had BRILLIANT ball wear graphics in dbc14. Regression on that scale simply shouldn’t happen, regardless of the size of the company

Sahil70

Club Captain
If they could only sort out these issues I probably wouldn't bother playing another game...

1) AI field placings (i.e one fielder on the leg side then bowling ball after ball on leg stump)
2) following on from number 1, remove the feature that makes fielders have a shy at the stumps if you even look like you might run. It's easy to get runs by knocking it to point or gully then pretending to take a single as they throw it at the stumps, miss them and you get 4 for overthrows as there's nobody on the leg side backing up.
4) bring in a wider variety of dismissals when bowling - stumped, catches around the field not just at slip or short leg.

I'm no programmer but these seem like easy fixes to me. And if they were sorted the game would be twice as good IMO

Just to add to your suggestions fielding as a whole needs a complete overhaul . It's quite comical at times in the current game and extremely frustrating also. What really annoys me in particular is when bowler/keeper receive a throw from the deep and instead of just whipping the bails off , proceed to do that run away from the stumps and fling the ball behind them at the stumps. A lot of the times they aren't even hitting the stumps and fling it wildly away conceding overthrows. Have had many moments like this where instead of a certain runout , have conceded extra run or two. Also another thing is fielders reaction time when picking up the ball,where they take an age to kneel down , pick up and finally throw.

Mrakh

School Cricketer
I am super close to taking the dive and upgrading from Ashes Cricket to Cricket 19, and I have a couple of questions that might tip me over if anybody can answer.

Has the problem been fixed where bowlers were always in the slips? It always really bugs me in Ashes Cricket where the batsman edges to 2nd slip and the scorecard reads stuff like “B Bumrah C Shami” it’s so unrealistic and I always had to look passed it. Batsmen need to make up the majority of slips, and if that has been fixed it’s a massive plus for me. I even tried making all of the bowlers fielding and catching ratings 0 and all the batsmen’s really high and that still didn’t fix it, so if Cricket 19 has this solved I’d be super happy.

In tour designer are you able to decide start times? It always bugged me that when you started a tour that you designed 1, sometimes 2 tests is a day/night, it made me stop using the mode.

And stats in Competition mode, have they been fixed where games/innings aren’t skewed for player teams and other issues?

The most important question of those is the first. Any info would be appreciated.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer

Thats 2nd point is really frustrating as its giving away easy overthrows many a times.

Users who are viewing this thread