Champions League T20 - Game #1 is over!

Who are you backing to take home the trophy?

• Sixers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rapids

• Rocks

• Spartans

• Gladiators

• Tridents

• Warriors

• Firebirds

• Royals

• Total voters

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This result was expected, although I'm a little surprised that Sammy bowled his full quota and even picked-up two wickets given how reserved he's been about bowling in the past few years.

I did expect a much closer defeat to be honest, the lack of quality spinners in the Zalmi side maybe hurt them a bit. As for Sammy, when you bowl two overs which includes a maiden and pick up two wickets, you'd back yourself to bowl the full quota when the side lacks quality spinners and the pitch requires more slower deliveries. :p

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I did expect a much closer defeat to be honest, the lack of quality spinners in the Zalmi side maybe hurt them a bit. As for Sammy, when you bowl two overs which includes a maiden and pick up two wickets, you'd back yourself to bowl the full quota when the side lacks quality spinners and the pitch requires more slower deliveries. :p
I suppose you do when you've done that well. But him bowling said maiden and picking those wickets is what surprised me. :p

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
320px-CLT20.svg.png

Round 1 - Group B

Essex Eagles.png Tshawane Spartans.png

Essex Eagles vs Tshawane Spartans

M. Chinnaswamy Stadium

place-2016-03-29-9-99aecb351feea28c06090854e5ed4033.jpg

AB de Villiers is extremely likely to get a hero's welcome at all Indian grounds due to his popularity, but there is only one ground which he can legitimately call home away from home and almost worships him. It is in RCB's home ground that his Spartans side will begin their campaign as favourites today versus an Essex side that makes up for the lack of outright stars with a closely knit group and an outspoken leader. Previously an extremely high scoring ground, the improvement in the pitch to become friendly to pacers has reduced the incidence of the crazy T20 scores seen here once although you would still need a fairly high total to stand a chance on this ground with infamously short boundaries. Both sides will also appreciate the more pacer friendly surface here in comparison to some of the other grounds.

Who else but AB de Villiers himself to be the centrepiece today? The superstar has ample experience on this ground, it suits his playing style perfectly and he will have every neutral cheering him on here, including the Indian captain himself.

For years he had been leading this Essex side by example with standout performances and now it is time for ten Doeschate in the twilight of his career to show just why he is considered to be the greatest associate cricketer in history.

Predicted Lineups

Essex Eagles : Westley, Delport, Wheater:wk:, Lawrence, ten Doeschate, Mitchell:os:, Harmer:c:, Sodhi:os:, Siddle:os:, Porter, Quinn/Cook

The only debatable choice will have to be between Quinn's bouncers and Cook's swinging deliveries.

Tshawane Spartans : Elgar, de Bruyn/de Zorzi, de Villiers, Klaasen:wk::c:, van Biljon, Wiese:os:, Mulder, van der Merwe:os:, Morkel:os:, Salamkheil:os:/Bosch, Ngidi

The Chinnasamy is an unforgiving ground for inexperienced spinners due to the short boundaries and given the pacy nature of the pitch, Bosch might get the nod ahead of the Afghani mystery spinner.
Tshawane Spartans have won the toss and chosen to bat first.

Klaasen : We want to set a good total here, the pitch seems more bowler friendly than usual in a T20 game but we are backing ourselves to put up a high score. We're backing Theunis (de Bruyn) to get himself back into form, he will play. Salamkheil had a bit of a niggle in the warm-up, we aren't playing him as a precaution. Sipamla will play instead.

Harmer : Glad that we are chasing, it is easier when you can pace your innings' accordingly. Our new recruit Mitchell comes in for Walter, rest of the line-up is the usual one.

Cricket 19 2_25_2020 11_56_27 AM.png
Underway

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
That's a game I'm really looking forward to. Equally balanced sides with good names. Bring it on! :thumbs

The Spartans are slight favourites because of their superior bowling attack but you never know what happens at the Chinnaswamy!

Bevab

Staff Member
So I accidentally messed up the teams in the group after a selection error which means I will have to play this match again. :facepalm Will probably simulate it in total. :p

Bevab

Staff Member
this looks really great is it possible to upload all the teams to the academy maybe with the name starting with cl so its easy to find.

Pretty much every side was from @wasteyouryouth's collection except for the South African and Bangladeshi sides. Not sure if I'm allowed to upload the former as it was originally the work of another creator who based it on the first season (old squads and kits) while the latter is only a clone of the Bangladeshi domestic side with a modified squad.

Users who are viewing this thread