Suggestions for next Bas Cricket game

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
So in totality there shall be 36 X 5 number of shots in the game, not impossible to accomplish eh[DOUBLEPOST=1584890222][/DOUBLEPOST]Pretty sure we have 60+ currently already.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
It will be more productive when the shots are more than just a cosmetic thing which is they are currently, so for eg if the batsmen has poor leg side and front foot rating and is bad against pace, then his on drive, leg glance and pull shot will be selected from the poor shot animations,

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It will be more productive when the shots are more than just a cosmetic thing which is they are currently, so for eg if the batsmen has poor leg side and front foot rating and is bad against pace, then his on drive, leg glance and pull shot will be selected from the poor shot animations,
You say that the current animations are just cosmetic but what difference does a poor shot animation make other than being a cosmetic thing? I suppose you could say 'oh, that shot must mean they are world class' but if that's all it is going to add then I'd sooner have a nice big profile/scouting report that I can bring up about a player.

I'd like to see some more 'loose' shots but you are likely to see them from any batter depending on the circumstances. Aesthetics and skill level are two different things, just look at Steve Smith. If you have every world class batter basically using the same shots I think that would be a regression from the current sytem with five batting styles.

Maybe they could look to add some more shots to what is already there, based on circumstances or to illustrate a batter under pressure (particularly against short bowling). But, personally, if animations are going to be added I think they are desperately needed for fielding before other parts of the game.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Well you could personally look out for specific players weaknesses just by watching them play different shots, will add a ton in career mode i suppose where you will encounter dozens of players over the seasons

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
@wasteyouryouth
Your post really gave me a solid idea regarding the loose shots , instead of good, very good and worldclass shots animations , we can have just have an entire range of loosely played shots , and depending upon on the players skill and current confidence level these shots should get triggered instead of normal shots , tailenders having Smaller timing window also means that they are likely going to play such shots and good players but with specific weaknesses should play such shots against specific delivery type or if they are not good in certain areas.[DOUBLEPOST=1584907444][/DOUBLEPOST]These shots shouldn't get triggered on 3 ideals but 2 goods and one early might trigger them but then depending upon the skills level and confidence level as well.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
@wasteyouryouth
Your post really gave me a solid idea regarding the loose shots , instead of good, very good and worldclass shots animations , we can have just have an entire range of loosely played shots , and depending upon on the players skill and current confidence level these shots should get triggered instead of normal shots , tailenders having Smaller timing window also means that they are likely going to play such shots and good players but with specific weaknesses should play such shots against specific delivery type or if they are not good in certain areas.[DOUBLEPOST=1584907444][/DOUBLEPOST]These shots shouldn't get triggered on 3 ideals but 2 goods and one early might trigger them but then depending upon the skills level and confidence level as well.
Definitely think that would be a better way forward something that shows when a batsman is not that confident or at ease at the crease. Low skill/high reward. Something you'd see from a tailender or a more skilled batsman when they are trying to score runs at all costs. Morever, for a batsman that is 'in' to indicate if our bowling/strategy is working.

I don't know how much help it would be for BA, but I think people posting clips of shots in the game that don't look great and also examples of things that might be missing, wouldn't do any harm.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
KEPER RESPONS IS THE WORST IN CRICKET 19[DOUBLEPOST=1585074883][/DOUBLEPOST]I WANT TO SEE PROPER GHRAPHICS LIKE FIFA 20

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I would like to make suggestions for Cricket 19 , hopefully some can be patched in. I believe it could help. This is firstly the best cricket game of all time and one of the best sports video games of all time. Big Ant have really hit a huge home run. The gameplay is awesome, the creation suite is beyond awesome, the experience is beyond awesome. I drew a 5 day test match against Zimbabwe of 2014 today and it was an amazing match, I needed one wicket to win with 15 overs to go and couldnt quite do it. It was beyond dramatic however.

I am still exhausted from it, what a match and what a cricket video game, Cricket 19 is. Big Ant the entire team deserve massive credit. But now onto my suggestions. I will try and make them via bullet points and explain.

- I think a cutscene when a match is drawn , currently just the batsmen walking of the field is all that happens

- A longer victory cutscene if you win a test match and series

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Any news regardi
Big Ant Studios (@BigAntStudios) Tweeted:
@gjweavr @Moti_0
Big Ant Studios (@BigAntStudios) Tweeted:
@gjweavr @Moti_027 We are 100% committed to Cricket, there is no news that we can give right now but rest assured, as games take 18-24 months to make, we are in development.

Bevab

Staff Member
Hmm it would Ashed 21 then, no game for t20 worldcup

The way things are going in the wider world, I wouldn't be sure of that.

Users who are viewing this thread