No Requests Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod - Official Downloads Topic

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@AshesCricket2019 Mate, I've just found a setting flaw in the mod. Joe Denly, who is a right-arm leg spinner (in real life), is bowling right-arm medium pace in the game. How can we correct it ?

Which USER.DAT did you pick? If you selected the "(If You Are Playing with England)" one then hopefully that should be correct. If you want to play with Australia then pick one of the two other ones, the issue I already explained in another post is that the AI will regularly select second or third line spin bowlers and bowl them for long spells, even if they have zeroed stats so I had to set some as slow/medium to prevent that from happening. If you are playing as England though and using the correct USER.DAT file then all English bowlers should be correct since you are the one selecting them. If not let me know.
Hey mate !

@AshesCricket2019 I have a request cum suggestion.

Can you update the English and Aussie ODI and T20 kits so that we might play this patch as a whole package of the English tour including the Ashes tests as well as the ODIs & iT20s too ?

It's up to you buddy, completely fine even if you can't do it right now. Just a suggestion :^)

You are welcome to add any additional kits that you like using the Big Editor, if you are using the batting/bowling switcher then be sure to edit both of the async.big.w32 files. It's too much effort to recreate patches just for that.

I haven't actually had a chance to try the USER.DAT files I made for playing with Australia yet, I've only played through as England. It was a fairly comfortable 5-0 for me with hardcore mode, did hit some huge individual and innings scores. Some bugs/issues I noticed:
- Too many run outs for the Australian Batsman at least one per innings usually and sometimes 3 or 4. I think this could be reduced by tweaking (increasing) the power/strength and also reducing the fielding speed (running speed) maybe but haven't had a chance to try.
- Steve Smith not hitting enough centuries and annoyingly kept getting run out in 60's/70's when he was going well.
- Ashes Records, I think the individual records are working but at the end after my 5-0 win my trophy cabinet/records didn't update with my Ashes win, do you need to win it as both England & Australia for that to happen? I can't remember. Otherwise it's probably because I changed the game type from Ashes 2009 to Ashes 2019, I may test at some point to see if this fixes that.

Apart from this stuff it was still a lot of fun, if anybody has anything to say/add about those bugs/issues please share your thoughts.

Last edited:

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Which USER.DAT did you pick? If you selected the "(If You Are Playing with England)" one then hopefully that should be correct. If you want to play with Australia then pick one of the two other ones, the issue I already explained in another post is that the AI will regularly select second or third line spin bowlers and bowl them for long spells, even if they have zeroed stats so I had to set some as slow/medium to prevent that from happening. If you are playing as England though and using the correct USER.DAT file then all English bowlers should be correct since you are the one selecting them. If not let me know.

You are welcome to add any additional kits that you like using the Big Editor, if you are using the batting/bowling switcher then be sure to edit both of the async.big.w32 files. It's too much effort to recreate patches just for that.

I haven't actually had a chance to try the USER.DAT files I made for playing with Australia yet, I've only played through as England. It was a fairly comfortable 5-0 for me with hardcore mode, did hit some huge individual and innings scores. Some bugs/issues I noticed:
- Too many run outs for the Australian Batsman at least one per innings usually and sometimes 3 or 4. I think this could be reduced by tweaking (increasing) the power/strength and also reducing the fielding speed (running speed) maybe but haven't had a chance to try.
- Steve Smith not hitting enough centuries and annoyingly kept getting run out in 60's/70's when he was going well.
- Ashes Records, I think the individual records are working but at the end after my 5-0 win my trophy cabinet/records didn't update with my Ashes win, do you need to win it as both England & Australia for that to happen? Otherwise it's probably because I changed the game type from Ashes 2009 to Ashes 2019, I may test at some point to see if this fixes that.

Apart from this stuff it was still a lot of fun, if anybody has anything to say/add about those bugs/issues please share your thoughts.
The Steve Smith one you're telling about is same here with me xD !!!

I won 3-2, was a hard working series for me tbh. Had a splendid time altogether !

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I have already played with England. Just started with Australia today...

- Ashes Records, I think the individual records are working but at the end after my 5-0 win my trophy cabinet/records didn't update with my Ashes win, do you need to win it as both England & Australia for that to happen? Otherwise it's probably because I changed the game type from Ashes 2009 to Ashes 2019, I may test at some point to see if this fixes that.

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Can someone send me the pitch and outfield of Lord's cricket ground please ? (Type 17)

faysalsiddique

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@AshesCricket2019 I've seen the captures and the videos and, to be honest, I really liked what I saw, so I downloaded the patch, but I am not able to install the patch at all. It always gives me the "Unable to find applicaiton in chosen directory!" error everytime.

I've tried installing the game in the default directory i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 and also in a different directory on a different drive. But no matter what I do it still gives me the "Unable to find applicaiton in chosen directory!" error. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 64-bit. I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Is it possible for you to share the patched async.big.w32 file with radar on?
Or perhaps share an xdelta patch file for the patch.

Lastly, thanks a lot for your hard work on this, appreciate your effort.

Note: I don't have any patches/mods installed nor have I replace anything in the async.big.w32 file using the BIG Editor. It's a clean install of Ashes Cricket 2009.

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 10

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@AshesCricket2019 I've seen the captures and the videos and, to be honest, I really liked what I saw, so I downloaded the patch, but I am not able to install the patch at all. It always gives me the "Unable to find applicaiton in chosen directory!" error everytime.

I've tried installing the game in the default directory i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 and also in a different directory on a different drive. But no matter what I do it still gives me the "Unable to find applicaiton in chosen directory!" error. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 64-bit. I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Is it possible for you to share the patched async.big.w32 file with radar on?
Or perhaps share an xdelta patch file for the patch.

Lastly, thanks a lot for your hard work on this, appreciate your effort.

Note: I don't have any patches/mods installed nor have I replace anything in the async.big.w32 file using the BIG Editor. It's a clean install of Ashes Cricket 2009.

Did you follow the instructions in the OP?

There are detailed Instructions that you can read inside the Setup if you get stuck. However, If you did not Install the game to "C:\Program Files (x86)Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" then you simply need to Click 'Browse' and Navigate to the Directory called "final" inside your main Ashes Cricket 2009 Installation Location. Once you have selected your: "...\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\final" Directory you will see:

detecting.png

Followed by:

detected.png

Now Click 'Start' at the bottom-left corner of the Setup Window. Only Click Once and Wait - It will show: "Detecting Version... Please wait..." again because it's verifying that there have been no changes to the files it's about to Patch since the initial check, shortly after the Patch will begin and you can follow the On-Screen Instructions to completion.

Once the Patching has finished successfully you can close the Setup Window. You're now ready to play - Launch your game and enjoy! Unless you want to install the Hardcore Batting Mod, in which case you need to continue to Step 4.

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I have already played with England. Just started with Australia today...

@Toby Ok so just to confirm:
1) Joe Denly is being bowled against you by the AI as a medium pacer (you were playing as Australia when this happened)?
2) You are using one of the bottom two USER.DAT files with the Australian flag?

2: Pick one of the following Files to replace your USER.DAT File located (on an installation of Windows to the C:\ Drive) here:
"C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\USER.DAT" on newer versions of Windows
and here: "
My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\USER.DAT" on older versions.

Download -> USER.DAT :eng: (If You Are Playing with England)
Download -> USER.DAT :aus: (If You Are Playing with Australia)
Download -> USER.DAT :aus: (If You Are Playing with Australia and want Anderson to Bowl against you)

3) Did you make any changes to the batting orders?

It's quite possible that there are some bugs I haven't spotted in the Australian USER.DAT since I still haven't tested it, thanks for reporting!

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@AshesCricket2019 Yes I did follow all the instructions. Infact, in the screenshot I've provided the folder selected is my default installation path

Ok but did you select the directory/folder called "final" inside your default installation path? Until you do that it won't find the async.big.w32 file because that file is inside that folder. I can't see because the path in the screenshot is cut off before that point.

faysalsiddique

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Ok but did you select the directory/folder called "final" inside your default installation path? Until you do that it won't find the async.big.w32 file because that file is inside that folder. I can't see because the path in the screenshot is cut off before that point.

Yes I did, and it takes around 3-4 minutes to verify but then it says "Unable to find applicaiton in chosen directory!"

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yes I did, and it takes around 3-4 minutes to verify but then it says "Unable to find applicaiton in chosen directory!"

Have you tried running the Patcher as Administrator?

If that doesn't help can you try and move your async.big.w32 file into your default installation directory (so the parent directory of: "final") then run the Patcher again and see if it can find it in there?

I think the Patcher doesn't have permission in your Program Files, maybe something to do with Windows 7 which I am unable to test on myself.

The third thing to try would be to move the Patcher into the same directory as the async.big.w32 file so the "Final" directory and try and run it again and try run it as Admin from there too.

The last thing to try would be to move the async.big.w32 onto your desktop for example and try to direct the Patcher to it there (with the Patcher on your desktop) again trying to run it both with / without administrator privileges. Actually scratch that, copy your entire Ashes 2009 Installation folder onto your desktop and try and run it like that and then copy it back after it it works to overwrite.

Last edited:

faysalsiddique

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Have you tried running the Patcher as Administrator?

If that doesn't help can you try and move your async.big.w32 file into your default installation directory (so the parent directory of: "final") then run the Patcher again and see if it can find it in there?

I think the Patcher doesn't have permission in your Program Files, maybe something to do with Windows 7 which I am unable to test on myself.

The third thing to try would be to move the Patcher into the same directory as the async.big.w32 file so the "Final" directory and try and run it again and try run it as Admin from there too.

The last thing to try would be to move the async.big.w32 onto your desktop for example and try to direct the Patcher to it there (with the Patcher on your desktop) again trying to run it both with / without administrator privileges. Actually scratch that, copy your entire Ashes 2009 Installation folder onto your desktop and try and run it like that and then copy it back after it it works to overwrite.

Nope, I had already tried everything including changing/assigning permissions for the folders in question.

Upon your insistence, I have tried these 3 ways as well but nothing works. I suspect this being an issue with Windows 7.

Nothing really works at the moment.
It would be great if you could just share an xdelta patch or maybe share the patched async.big.32 with radar ON without the hardcore patch through Google drive or MEGA?

faysalsiddique

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@AshesCricket2019 Just out of curiosity, I tried to install older patches for Ashes Cricket 2009 and I was able to successfully install both the Cricket 17 patch and the Revolution Studios 2012 patch and they seem to be working fine.

In the case of Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod, I've tried everything and nothing seems to be working, can you share an xdelta patch or something. Or maybe just share the files and I will do it manually using the BIG editor. Anything will do at the moment really.

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Are you using 64-bit Windows? As far as I remember Windows 7 may have been one of the last versions with both 32/64-bit releases.
Can you show me screenshots of the properties of your default, post-installation async.big.w32 file including exact file size in bytes, date created etc.

Pretty sure the last person who shared a full async.big.w32 file here was permanently banned so that won't be happening.

I don't have time to starting making new patches at the moment, even in lock-down my work continues from home and it is an XDELTA patch as far as I know, I used Inno XDELTA to make them. I did say I would try to get the manual installation post back up at some point so I'll see if I can update/fix a few issues with that soon but it's not going to be a quick job. Do you have access to any other PC with a later version of Windows that you could use to patch the file on?

Last edited:

faysalsiddique

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Are you using 64-bit Windows? As far as I remember Windows 7 may have been one of the last versions with both 32/64-bit releases.
Can you show me screenshots of the properties of your default, post-installation async.big.w32 file including exact file size in bytes, date created etc.

Pretty sure the last person who shared a full async.big.w32 file here was permanently banned so that won't be happening.
default, post-installation async.big.w32 file including exact file size in bytes, date created etc.

I don't have time to starting making new patches at the moment, even in lock-down my work continues from home and it is an XDELTA patch as far as I know, I used Inno XDELTA to make them. I did say I would try to get the manual installation post back up at some point so I'll see if I can update/fix a few issues with that soon but it's not going to be a quick job. Do you have access to any other PC with a later version of Windows that you could use to patch the file on?
@AshesCricket2019 Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am using 64-bit Windows Ultimate. But, I am facing the same issue on 3 different machines, although, all of them are Windows 7 64-bit versions. And since I am also working from home because of the lockdown, that's the only option I have at the moment.

Anyway, I have installed a fresh copy of the game on my 3rd machine and have attached a screenshot of the default, post-installation async.big.w32 file which includes the exact file size in bytes, date created along with your mod installer running beside it so that you can have a look at the directory path. And a second screenshot with the checksum for the same async.big.w32 file along with the mod installer running beside it so that you can look at the rest of the directory path.

I understand you cannot provide the async.big.w32 file, I'd rather prefer the xdelta patch anyway. If you could provide the xdelta patch then that would be great. Or maybe just the manual installation files that you spoke about. It's fine either way, take your time. You have spent time\efforts on this patch atleast what I can do is appreciate and wait a little longer.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread