Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sahil70

Club Captain
Me too. Test matches in particular - it's usually 4 to 4.5 runs per over. They usually go hard for 20 overs and then slow down, in the first session. Nearly always goes that way.

Run rate isn't much of an issue for me. I have my setting at 25 , also wicket chance at 25 as well, striker timing at 55. It's usually the opposite to what you have, where for roughly that time, they just play steadily, then the sudden shift to scoring shots being boundaries. Sometimes it may be just one batsman out of the 2 in the middle that will do this, other one will prod along, sometimes both may do it. Hard to really say how and when

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Run rate isn't much of an issue for me. I have my setting at 25 , also wicket chance at 25 as well, striker timing at 55. It's usually the opposite to what you have, where for roughly that time, they just play steadily, then the sudden shift to scoring shots being boundaries. Sometimes it may be just one batsman out of the 2 in the middle that will do this, other one will prod along, sometimes both may do it. Hard to really say how and when
Yeah, sorry. My description was how it was until I reduced the run rate slider (mine is similar to yours now I think). Now the experience is closer to what you say; not quite how bad it might have been in past games but still feels like the AI is scoring boundaries because that's what they need to do.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Custom teams will be seperate entities.

This video by @passwordistaco will show you how to get IPL teams, same process should work for other teams. They do have to be done one team at a time.

Can you suggest who has more grounds created ? I have seen Indian/subcontinental grounds are being used in Newzealand! In general I felt not a lot of grounds are being created in C19. Maybe am wrong! A little help in this will be useful.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Can you suggest who has more grounds created ? I have seen Indian/subcontinental grounds are being used in Newzealand! In general I felt not a lot of grounds are being created in C19. Maybe am wrong! A little help in this will be useful.
Most of my teams have stadiums that I've made or have adapted from one someone else.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, sorry. My description was how it was until I reduced the run rate slider (mine is similar to yours now I think). Now the experience is closer to what you say; not quite how bad it might have been in past games but still feels like the AI is scoring boundaries because that's what they need to do.
More than the number of boundaries is the way they score it, by slogging and edging perfectly through gaps without the batsman even looking where the ball has gone like " I know where thats going" kind of attitude.. :p

I have runrate at 25 but the batsman would just slog when he is above 25-30 runs..

B

Bigby Wolf

@Mohammed Sherry check out those run outs
Yeah the runouts have increased after the recent patch was playing a ODI between India vs England, batting First as India scored 344 in 50 overs while bowling England had a great start both Roy and Bairstow had a 100 run stand but a runout triggered a collapse England lost 5 wickets for 50 odd runs out of which 4 were runouts.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Seriously it's irritating. I was fed up of restarting the match. Since then, I have kind of found a workaround by setting the Ropes to Short and Ground shape to Oval. Still gets one here and there, which is fine. but definitely very less compared to before.

why I always lean towards the side of caution with runout. I wouldn’t be bothered if I had 0 to be honest if a proper balance couldn’t be found. Up there with one of my worst immersion breakers.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
More than the number of boundaries is the way they score it, by slogging and edging perfectly through gaps without the batsman even looking where the ball has gone like " I know where thats going" kind of attitude.. :p

I have runrate at 25 but the batsman would just slog when he is above 25-30 runs..
Yeah, it's frustrating for me because there's not enough to know if I'm bowling well or if I'm being punished for poor bowling and so it feels like the AI is just doing whatever it wants and your efforts are somewhat useless. I know good balls get hit for four and bad balls get wickets but there isn't enough for me to actual stick to a strategy and judge how well it worked. I dunno, it's tough to explain.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, it's frustrating for me because there's not enough to know if I'm bowling well or if I'm being punished for poor bowling and so it feels like the AI is just doing whatever it wants and your efforts are somewhat useless. I know good balls get hit for four and bad balls get wickets but there isn't enough for me to actual stick to a strategy and judge how well it worked. I dunno, it's tough to explain.
Totally agree.. I do put in some strategy but if they gonna place the edges that perfectly for boundary when the runs arent coming , is even the strategy to contain of any use.. I mean if they wanna show "feeling the pressure" for AI then they could make them counter attack , maybe advance down [which they dont do ever] and try smacking one for six or move around the crease to make us change the line or even going for the big slog but ending up giving a high catch at 30 yard circle.. Not edging perfectly for four though..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

@wasteyouryouth @Gamer Pradosh i don't have the 4 an over, smash a boundary issue you have.

streaming live, now, maybe you can compare.

That said 1st over I went live they hit 2 boundaries and took 10 off the over!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Recently treated myself to an absolute beast of a PC and for whatever reason the game is an absolute joy to play.

Not sure if it’s the extra FPS or what but even batting feels far far more fluid.
@wasteyouryouth @Gamer Pradosh i don't have the 4 an over, smash a boundary issue you have.

streaming live, now, maybe you can compare.

That said 1st over I went live they hit 2 boundaries and took 10 off the over!

I have never had the boundary off the last ball issue. Ever. Oddly

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Recently treated myself to an absolute beast of a PC and for whatever reason the game is an absolute joy to play.

Not sure if it’s the extra FPS or what but even batting feels far far more fluid.

I have never had the boundary off the last ball issue. Ever. Oddly

main pattern i've spotted with boundaries is they often hit them to go into the 30s.

Users who are viewing this thread