TENNIS AO Tennis 2

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
The game is not connecting again. It worked yesterday, so presumably they're still having intermittent server problems.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I do have to laugh that, on Steam, the people who complain about how bad the game is, are often the same ones who are now complaining that they can't play it because of server problems.

It reminds me of the joke that Woody Allen tells:

“There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."

Ric74

School Cricketer
The game is not connecting again. It worked yesterday, so presumably they're still having intermittent server problems.

I have a ps4 and i been trying to download players, but system says "Academy is not available, try again later"

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Still no update for the switch although I've had updates for cricket 19? Is there anyway I can get rid of the latest patch as the game is really unplayable with the serve down the middle on switch.It is so annoying as it is so easy to bail out when you fall behind.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Still no update for the switch although I've had updates for cricket 19? Is there anyway I can get rid of the latest patch as the game is really unplayable with the serve down the middle on switch.It is so annoying as it is so easy to bail out when you fall behind.

There's been no new entry on the Steam DB for 11 days now. I'd say even if they are able to work from home, the updates will now be much further apart.

I'd say you're only option would be to reinstall the game, I guess if it was a download code, makes it difficult given you'd have to keep the internet connection and it would just update the game again.

Racquette_55

School Cricketer
Hi guys, hello everybody
I introduce myself, I'm Cesare and I teach tennis in Italy, also I'm sports biomechanical analyst,
and I thoroughly analyzed the game..
lately I have sent many tickets to the support of big ant studios.

Support responses, however immediate, have always been generic and I have never had the opportunity to be heard by the development team.
I'm here as a tennis and videogames fan, to be heard by you and by big ant, who often talks on this page.

Below I am writing the basic things (for me) that I pointed out to the support.
----‐-------------------------------------
PLAYSTYLE

Play Style menu editor does not offer the possibility to choose the preferred style and the groundstroke style separately one from the other. The Play Style Menu editor should let me customize my avatar. For instance, the editor won't let me select the "smooth forehand" and combine it with the "powerful one-hand backhand" (Realy close combination of Feliciano Lopez playstyle). Both shots appear to be linked only to different play styles: smooth forehand can be selected only along with the two-hand backhand whereas the powerful one-hand backhand can be selected only along with the generic forehand. In my opinion, to separate these options and make them independent one from the other would be a key element to improve the editor and generate a lot of new groundstroke combinations. This would be much closer to simulate real professional tennis players.
-----------------------------------
SHOT EXECUTION
I would like to bring to your attention one aspect of AO TENNIS 2 that, in my opinion, could radically change the usablity of the game. It occurs to me that the speed of the shot execution of the arm holding the racquet does not seem adequate, especially compared to the speed of the player moving around searching the ball. In your game the lattest is fast, but the action occuring between the “preparation of the shot” and its “final movement” is rather slow, and gives an overall feeling of “stiffness”. In my opinion this is the main difference between your current game and the game that came out years ago, still widely appreciated, where we can enjoy fast and fluid forehand and backhand shots. In order to further support my theory, I played a random AoTennis2 gameplay YouTube video. Starting from a 1.04 patch, I increased the video speed to x1.25 and x1.5. Analyzing only the very movement of the players hitting the ball, putting all the rest aside, I noticed that this speed could contribute to a better and more realistic game experience. Would it be possible to implement the game by increasing only the speed of the shot execution of the movements, without changing the general speed of the rest of the game?
---------------------------------------
NEUTRAL STANCE AND OPEN STANCE
I notice that the various playstyle animation are bounded to the "front" position of the player, Monfils, Kyrgios, Goffin, Isner and match more hit with their animation Only in "open stance position". But this isn't real, because Monfils and the other using same tecnique also in other position (neutral stance, semi-open stance, close stance and other) This features could give much more movement simulation.
------------------------------
BACKSPIN ANALYSIS
Today Im here to show you a few doubt in backspin shot ( the slice animation). Sometimes I see great animation that slice deserved, also sometimes i see rough animation. (In Ao tennis2 the real slice animation is in only 3 groundstyle: GOFFIN, UPRIGHT, POWERFUL... why?)
------------------------
FLAT SHOT AND TOP SPIN SHOT ANALYSIS
I made a little video clip for this analysis that I share with you by inserting it in my post.

I hope you enjoyed
See you soon

Coach Cesare

Ehyy Dude...what a technical study!!
Hope someone in big ant group reads here, this is what we need!

D

Dutch

Hi guys, hello everybody
I introduce myself, I'm Cesare and I teach tennis in Italy, also I'm sports biomechanical analyst,
and I thoroughly analyzed the game..
lately I have sent many tickets to the support of big ant studios.

Support responses, however immediate, have always been generic and I have never had the opportunity to be heard by the development team.
I'm here as a tennis and videogames fan, to be heard by you and by big ant, who often talks on this page.

Below I am writing the basic things (for me) that I pointed out to the support.
----‐-------------------------------------
PLAYSTYLE

Play Style menu editor does not offer the possibility to choose the preferred style and the groundstroke style separately one from the other. The Play Style Menu editor should let me customize my avatar. For instance, the editor won't let me select the "smooth forehand" and combine it with the "powerful one-hand backhand" (Realy close combination of Feliciano Lopez playstyle). Both shots appear to be linked only to different play styles: smooth forehand can be selected only along with the two-hand backhand whereas the powerful one-hand backhand can be selected only along with the generic forehand. In my opinion, to separate these options and make them independent one from the other would be a key element to improve the editor and generate a lot of new groundstroke combinations. This would be much closer to simulate real professional tennis players.
-----------------------------------
SHOT EXECUTION
I would like to bring to your attention one aspect of AO TENNIS 2 that, in my opinion, could radically change the usablity of the game. It occurs to me that the speed of the shot execution of the arm holding the racquet does not seem adequate, especially compared to the speed of the player moving around searching the ball. In your game the lattest is fast, but the action occuring between the “preparation of the shot” and its “final movement” is rather slow, and gives an overall feeling of “stiffness”. In my opinion this is the main difference between your current game and the game that came out years ago, still widely appreciated, where we can enjoy fast and fluid forehand and backhand shots. In order to further support my theory, I played a random AoTennis2 gameplay YouTube video. Starting from a 1.04 patch, I increased the video speed to x1.25 and x1.5. Analyzing only the very movement of the players hitting the ball, putting all the rest aside, I noticed that this speed could contribute to a better and more realistic game experience. Would it be possible to implement the game by increasing only the speed of the shot execution of the movements, without changing the general speed of the rest of the game?
---------------------------------------
NEUTRAL STANCE AND OPEN STANCE
I notice that the various playstyle animation are bounded to the "front" position of the player, Monfils, Kyrgios, Goffin, Isner and match more hit with their animation Only in "open stance position". But this isn't real, because Monfils and the other using same tecnique also in other position (neutral stance, semi-open stance, close stance and other) This features could give much more movement simulation.
------------------------------
BACKSPIN ANALYSIS
Today Im here to show you a few doubt in backspin shot ( the slice animation). Sometimes I see great animation that slice deserved, also sometimes i see rough animation. (In Ao tennis2 the real slice animation is in only 3 groundstyle: GOFFIN, UPRIGHT, POWERFUL... why?)
------------------------
FLAT SHOT AND TOP SPIN SHOT ANALYSIS
I made a little video clip for this analysis that I share with you by inserting it in my post.

I hope you enjoyed
See you soon

Coach Cesare

Yeah an excellent post indeed! Hope all is well in your beautiful country. You guys are having a tough time there but hopefully there is real light at the end of the tunnel. All the best.

PaulLFC

School Cricketer
The acheivement for successfully overturning an umpire's decision with a challenge is the only non-career achievement I need, but so far I haven't seen a single successful challenge either from me or the AI. I've tried both career mode with low-level players and exhibition with stars like Nadal. Still not a single successful challenge.

Do I need to be playing at a certain difficulty level / a certain level of tournament in order to get incorrect decisions? Or are they just very, very rare? Has anyone else got this achievement/trophy, and if so how did you get it? Thanks!

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
The acheivement for successfully overturning an umpire's decision with a challenge is the only non-career achievement I need, but so far I haven't seen a single successful challenge either from me or the AI. I've tried both career mode with low-level players and exhibition with stars like Nadal. Still not a single successful challenge.

Do I need to be playing at a certain difficulty level / a certain level of tournament in order to get incorrect decisions? Or are they just very, very rare? Has anyone else got this achievement/trophy, and if so how did you get it? Thanks!

I had my first successful challenge recently, a serve by my amateur career player that was in by the thinnest of margins, but I've only challenged 3 or 4 times in the 80 hours I've put into the game. The AI has challenged more, maybe 20 times, and has never had a decision overturned.

PaulLFC

School Cricketer
I had my first successful challenge recently, a serve by my amateur career player that was in by the thinnest of margins, but I've only challenged 3 or 4 times in the 80 hours I've put into the game. The AI has challenged more, maybe 20 times, and has never had a decision overturned.
Thanks, seems like this will take a while to get then! The AI won one challenge earlier against me, but that was out by millimetres. None of my challenges so far (admittedly trying some more "hopeful" ones to try and get the achievement) have even really been close. Xbox stats say nearly 24% of players have got the achievement; I wonder if they tweaked the line judge logic in one of the patches and it used to be easier to get a decision overturned?

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
An update has come out, just essentially adds Andreescu, Azarenka and apparently helps with bad connections when playing someone online if one or the other has a high ping.

I know a lot expected Federer to be added, might yet still be added.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I am still struggling with concept of delaying the release of the one player who would guarantee massive boost in sales ?

Chances are that it's more likely Maria Sakkari though given she's appeared in other versions of the game. So the expectation of Federer, may fall flat.

Nard2020

Club Captain
I am still struggling with concept of delaying the release of the one player who would guarantee massive boost in sales ?
I'm in agreement, i don't think they are that backwards. Although, Andreescu would have been a pretty catchy player to promote with (far more than Keber).

Both Federer and Naomi Osaka's strokes are in the game, so if Roger was in....he would have been day 1 OR the very first DLC player. Anyways, Azarenka and Andresscu are two pretty big additions and very welcomed. BA have done a LOT of "rights" this go around, i just wish they were more hands on with the community. The slice/stab shots need to go and there should be a way to really step in and accelerate on a ball.

saturator

Club Cricketer
I have also seen this update.
Two new women is a good thing, maybe a bit light, but I take it.
I have made two games with the new upadate. It feels the same.
I have the same issue with freezes on moving.

Azarenka VS Andreescu - Australian Open Classe Mondiale

A better match with two big men
Thiem Vs Wawrinka - US Open - Classe Mondiale

Users who are viewing this thread