How do I play a front foot pull shot?

Wibbs

School Cricketer
Hey,

So I'm gradually getting my head around batting, but one shot I just can't seem to play at all is the front foot pull shot. Every time I try, it defaults to a weirdly timed front foot leg glance or on drive.

Any tips?

Wibbs

lrkaussie

School Cricketer
Hey,

I am basically a front foot player. I cant play the pull shot off the back foot. I end up missing the ball most of the time. I started playing the front foot pull shot and it is coming off quite better now.

The way I play the front foot pull is as follows-

1) As the ball is delivered I come back and across covering my off stump and hands high
2) I move my head and front foot forward with the intent of "kissing" the ball. Head leads the foot
3) As my head is moving ahead my hands come from high to low in a horizontal plane as I make contact with the ball just in front of my head with full extension of my arms.
4) As I hit the ball I roll my wrists with the intent of just timing the ball and not trying to hit it too hard.
5) During the shot my front foot is planted on the ground and back foot is slightly raised so that my weight is on my front foot only

All the best with your game. Hope this helps you.

Users who are viewing this thread