Cricket 19 General Discussion

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It continues to baffle me as to why we are left to try and decode the mysteries of these sliders. Why have BA not produced a definitive guide as to what each slider does individually and in combination? It seems odd that this game has been out for so long and yet it is still impossible to predict what any slider change should do to the game. As a result, I tend to leave them well alone as otherwise I fear the game will be come less about cricket and more about slider tweaking optimisation. I'm pretty sure that the enigma devices weren't as hard to decipher.

That said, I do have a degree of sympathy for BA as these sliders were very much in response to user demand after DBC 14 got released. Unfortunately the gift of sliders has not been all that we'd hoped for. I would rather BA just do the tweaking for us, so we didn't need the sliders.

Well , in Multiplayer , since DBC14 , we are unable to tweak ANY of the Sliders.

So , I have played All the Games , for the last 6 years , on the Defualt Sliders, and would prefer it this way , otherwhise you would end up chasing your own arse the way you guys constantly fiddle with everything, not sure if its placebo effect ,or did it just happen by chance etc.

Would drive me nuts to be honest :)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I agree with this, but I think on a “medium” pitch, the good length with fuller trigger as @WealeyH says should be a bail trimmer/top of off - some hitting, some going over. Good length in England might generally be going over, but enough should be in danger of hitting - even on firmer test pitches in England you don’t generally leave on length as in eg Aus unless shorter.

for a hard pitch, I’d say you switch everything forward one length. So good with fuller trigger is back of length and full with shorter trigger is the some hitting, some going forward length.

the problem in my experience is that what I’ve suggested for hard is actually the case for medium.
I think that should be a soft pitch. Very soft and soft are, in my opinion, really bad for bounce. Medium pitch I'd see as being still having decent speed to it, maybe not the Waca but still probably a pitch you wouldn't see frequently in England.

I think BA could just tailor pitches based on a generic Australian pitch or a generic English pitch. And give you that option. You have 'England Spring' 'England Summer' England Autumn' or Eary/Mid/Late Summer, whatever description. It's gloomier in the spring so you get more swing, damper greener pitches so you get a bit of uneven bounce and seam. Summer things change you would except. Pitches get a little harder, more sunshine (if you're lucky), spin could become more of an option. You just take the basic assumptions and go from there. The game kind of already does that but just stick in an extra screen where you pick and with an option for advanced settings.

Anyway, I can't be arsed thinking about it anymore. Certainly for today. I'm going to play something else.

Kumarjit Dey

School Cricketer
I remember it being associated with the ball marker, the side which was more opaque indicating the direction of the swing.

So, now is there really a way/option that could enable us to understand the swing? Because when I think the ball is going to be an inswinger, it turns out to be an outswing delivery, and my batsman does some magic trick - I don't know how else I can express this, lol - and hits the ball towards one direction and the ball travels in the opposite direction. this is a frustrating glitch, really. plz help me solve this. I need to understand which way ball is going to swing.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well , in Multiplayer , since DBC14 , we are unable to tweak ANY of the Sliders.

So , I have played All the Games , for the last 6 years , on the Defualt Sliders, and would prefer it this way , otherwhise you would end up chasing your own arse the way you guys constantly fiddle with everything, not sure if its placebo effect ,or did it just happen by chance etc.

Would drive me nuts to be honest :)

The funny thing is that in DBC none of the player attributes did anything at all, and people spent years tweaking their teams..

There was no difference between Pommie Mbanga and Michael Bevan with the bat.

At least in six years they've got a bit of that right

D

Dutch

The funny thing is that in DBC none of the player attributes did anything at all, and people spent years tweaking their teams..

There was no difference between Pommie Mbanga and Michael Bevan with the bat.

At least in six years they've got a bit of that right
I recently had Keaton Jennings score 23 in an innings so there is obviously still a long way to go.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I recently had Keaton Jennings score 23 in an innings so there is obviously still a long way to go.

Keaton Mbangwa

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Why though? Why don't you just use the Bounce and Flight Sliders while Spin Bowling. You can bowl quite flat with that.

Also, the Bounce side should have ideally been named Fast or something like that.
I don't want to play around with sliders as I have no idea what they do, particularly in combination, and the game becomes one of trying to get slider tweaking optimised as a primary activity, which isn't interesting to me.

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't want to play around with sliders as I have no idea what they do, particularly in combination, and the game becomes one of trying to get slider tweaking optimised as a primary activity, which isn't interesting to me.

Nah mate I meant these Input meters.

Screenshot (4).png

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What would the pitch condition be like at Lord’s in May? I want to set up a test series between Sri Lanka and England that was played in 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread