Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Alright, so I'm still facing the issue with spin bowlers, and pace bowlers sometimes, that when they go around the wicket they continually bowl wide. Leg spinners outside leg (for a RHB) and and way outside off (for a LHB), off spinners are the same just vice-versa. Can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the AI to bork it up so bad.

Has happened to me on the very (very) rare occasions I’ve got “on top” of a spinner, or the attack in general. I think they try to be defensive and push it wide for you to chase but it goes too wide and often there’s several in a row

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has happened to me on the very (very) rare occasions I’ve got “on top” of a spinner, or the attack in general. I think they try to be defensive and push it wide for you to chase but it goes too wide and often there’s several in a row

Yeah, I'm thinking that but the other oddity, I should have mentioned is that when they go around the wicket, I find the ball marker to be inaccurate, as in the marker indicates middle/off but the ball lands well wide of it.

handsome

International Coach
Got time on my hands with the lockdown and clocked 100+ hours on the game. Noticed a few things, would like to know if it's an issue

1. Strike Farming: In Career mode when I take a single of the first ball of the over, the simulation works weird. 90% of times I miss the entire over and am facing the first ball of the next over. It's like my batting partner doesn't know to rotate strike. Happens frequently to irritate you. This also ensures I face less number of balls during the course of 50 overs.

2. Constant field changes: Almost every other ball the field changes dramatically so much so that it is irritating with the cut scenes. When you watch a cricket match in RL you don't see fields changes this often

3. Ball Swing: Now let's say you see a red semi-circle which predicts the ball will be pitching outside the off stump, how do you know that the ball will swing in or out? I have left balls which according to the circle show pitching way outside the off-stump only to swing back in and hit the top of off stump.

4. Ball Turn: Same as above, how do you know which way it will turn?

D

Deleted member 185125

Got time on my hands with the lockdown and clocked 100+ hours on the game. Noticed a few things, would like to know if it's an issue

1. Strike Farming: In Career mode when I take a single of the first ball of the over, the simulation works weird. 90% of times I miss the entire over and am facing the first ball of the next over. It's like my batting partner doesn't know to rotate strike. Happens frequently to irritate you. This also ensures I face less number of balls during the course of 50 overs.

2. Constant field changes: Almost every other ball the field changes dramatically so much so that it is irritating with the cut scenes. When you watch a cricket match in RL you don't see fields changes this often

3. Ball Swing: Now let's say you see a red semi-circle which predicts the ball will be pitching outside the off stump, how do you know that the ball will swing in or out? I have left balls which according to the circle show pitching way outside the off-stump only to swing back in and hit the top of off stump.

The game does not have any indicators for swing and spin. It's all guess work atm.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

These are things most batsman would ask in real life

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
In t20 and one day when you are doing no ball there will be free hit , correct also at this point you are not allowed to change the field .
Suggestion :
In game there should a freeze to change field at free hit

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In t20 and one day when you are doing no ball there will be free hit , correct also at this point you are not allowed to change the field .
Suggestion :
In game there should a freeze to change field at free hit
Can change the field if there is a change in strike

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Yeah, I'm thinking that but the other oddity, I should have mentioned is that when they go around the wicket, I find the ball marker to be inaccurate, as in the marker indicates middle/off but the ball lands well wide of it.

That will be the drift. A good spinner will fool the batter by seeming to pitch on one spot and it then drifts away, drawing them into a shot and beating them. This happens to me particularly on test level when I have the drift and/or flight higher. You can be 'beaten in the air' by the combination of drift and flight and I am sometimes bowled playing a defensive shot, which strikes me as very realistic.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain

I do agree about the wides though and it can be very irritating. It happens more if you have drift up too high (above 60), but I did have Warne bowl 12 wides in one over which negatively affected my immersion in the experience.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I do agree about the wides though and it can be very irritating. It happens more if you have drift up too high (above 60), but I did have Warne bowl 12 wides in one over which negatively affected my immersion in the experience.

Ahh, thanks for that, might tone it down then and see how I go. Cheers for that.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
You would not believe how far a proper, pro level legger can drift the ball. Just from eyeballing it when you're batting, it feels like it starts just outside off stick, then drifts across to just outside leg, and then turns back to off stick again when it bounces.

You also tend to misjudge the length from eyeballing it. You think it's going to be half volley length, look for the drive, and then find out it's actually more like a length ball.

I only faced a legger with test caps once in club cricket and I was absolutely hapless, lining up to drive good length, off stick deliveries through midwicket like an absolute charlie.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
You would not believe how far a proper, pro level legger can drift the ball. Just from eyeballing it when you're batting, it feels like it starts just outside off stick, then drifts across to just outside leg, and then turns back to off stick again when it bounces.

You also tend to misjudge the length from eyeballing it. You think it's going to be half volley length, look for the drive, and then find out it's actually more like a length ball.

I only faced a legger with test caps once in club cricket and I was absolutely hapless, lining up to drive good length, off stick deliveries through midwicket like an absolute charlie.

I had a similar experience of facing an ex county pro. He bowled me a whole over of leg spin and I actually could not lay a bat on a single ball, despite attempting to defend every one. How he did not get me out I don't know. Embarrassing (for me).

Users who are viewing this thread