Help with Reverse Swing

SYorker

School Cricketer
First of all big thanks to everyone in this community, you've been a big help to me in getting to grips with the game.

I recently started a career mode as a left handed medium pace swing bowler. I've been having a lot of success in 3 day games with the new ball, swinging the ball around corners and taking wickets easily in the first 15-20 overs. After that though I struggle when the ball stops swinging. I can keep it tight by bowling maidens and punish the odd mistake by batsmen but I definitely lack an edge in the middle overs.

What I really want is to get the ball reverse swinging, however there isn't much information about how it works in the game. In a couple of matches I've seen the ball start to swing a little more at around over 50-60 but nothing consistent. I know to shine the ball regularly but I wondered if anyone has any other tips?

I use standard controls as this is my first big ant game and I only learnt classic existed after spending ages learning to play on standard. When I've had the ball start swinging at around over 50-60 it's always swinging the way I sent it. If I ask for an outswinger, it swings out. Is this actually reverse swing or should asking for an outswinger cause the ball to swing inwards? I'm a little confused.

Any help is much appreciated.
SY

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
I'm not sure it matters tbh and think it just relates to your player's swing ability. I can swing the ball all the time with someone like Jimmy or Philander and not see much noticeable difference after the more pronounced first 20 overs. Others may have different experiences but as far as I can see it's not really an element of the game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
First of all big thanks to everyone in this community, you've been a big help to me in getting to grips with the game.

I recently started a career mode as a left handed medium pace swing bowler. I've been having a lot of success in 3 day games with the new ball, swinging the ball around corners and taking wickets easily in the first 15-20 overs. After that though I struggle when the ball stops swinging. I can keep it tight by bowling maidens and punish the odd mistake by batsmen but I definitely lack an edge in the middle overs.

What I really want is to get the ball reverse swinging, however there isn't much information about how it works in the game. In a couple of matches I've seen the ball start to swing a little more at around over 50-60 but nothing consistent. I know to shine the ball regularly but I wondered if anyone has any other tips?

I use standard controls as this is my first big ant game and I only learnt classic existed after spending ages learning to play on standard. When I've had the ball start swinging at around over 50-60 it's always swinging the way I sent it. If I ask for an outswinger, it swings out. Is this actually reverse swing or should asking for an outswinger cause the ball to swing inwards? I'm a little confused.

Any help is much appreciated.
SY

As far as I know, shining the ball is the only way to get swing/reverse swing, no other "tricks" as it were. But yeah, "reverse swing" is really "old ball" swing - it will still swing the same way as you selected.

Users who are viewing this thread