Online is completely broken (Since last patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionden

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been playing Cricket 19 since last June and I never really had any complaints regarding the balancing in the game, although there were and still are a few fix bugs that have been there right from the start but whats more concerning right now is the balancing issues that has occurred since the last patch. The patch was released for patching "hacking tools" that were being used by certain players to enable the balancing modification in online matches.

Offline players might not be aware of these issues and I am sure most of these issues don't occur offline, this topic is related to the problems of only multiplayer players.

PLATFORM: PC
MODE: ONLINE
DIFFICULTY: HARDEST
CONTROLS: CLASSIC/STANDARD
STADIUMS: ALL
TEAMS: NOT RELATED TO ONE PARTICULAR TEAM
BOWLING ACTIONS: Jofra Archer's bowling action seems to affect the pace

MAJOR PROBLEM: BALANCING IS OUT OF THE WINDOW
MAJOR BUGS: LAZY WICKET KEEPER, MAGNET GLOVES, BROKEN BATTING METERS

I am going to talk about all the negative changes the game has suffered since the last patch. I hope the developers will identify the flaws and fix them, starting with balancing issues followed by some major bugs that have occurred since the patch and lastly I will discuss some of the issues that are there from the beginning.

BALANCING ISSUES:
1. STADIUMS FACTOR
Before the patch, playing difficulty was primarily determined by the conditions, e.g. STANDARD pitch was batting paradise regardless of the stadium, GRASSY/DRY was the most balanced condition suiting both bowling and batting, DRY had its own particular difficulty factor, MEDIUM and HARD pitch had their own factors but the thing is, these conditions did not vary from stadium to stadium, for example if you play under the following conditions GRASSY/DRY, Medium, Light Cracks, Day 1 at THE GABBA - It is really easy to bat, although if you select the same conditions else where, the game will behave very differently and the issue is not related to just one particular stadium, if you take two different stadiums from same country, the game still behaves very differently.

• Same playing conditions in different stadiums behaves extremely differently
• High level of variation between first and second inning under same conditions but different stadiums

2. TOSS DECIDES THE GAME
Certain conditions in certain stadiums are so influential that they literally decide the game at the toss as during the first inning you can literally smash 20+ runs per over against spin but in the second innings, the conditions changes so much so that you can barely score 5 an over against spin and you can just totally forget about slogging as despite GOOD/IDEAL timing/placement/footwork the ball will get caught well within the circle or the ball just edges onto the stump or into the hands of the keeper, I will come to the meter issue later. Absurdly variable conditions varying from stadium to stadium has turned this game into luck based stuff as in first inning you might easily score 120 in ten overs but in second inning, you might struggle to score even 40 runs or in the first inning might hardly score 70 but in the second inning, it becomes so easy to bat that you could chase it in a few overs.

• Absurdly variant conditions from stadium to stadium
• First inning conditions drastically varies from second inning

3. PACERS FIRING BULLETS
Since the last patch, it has become really difficult to time the pacers, certain perks I believe are having extra effect on the speed of pacers. Certain pace bowlers like Jofra Archer bowls at 159.9 the fastest on the meter but judging from "close batting camera" it literally feels as if the ball travels at 200 KPH, it is impossible to judge it, only way to play these deliveries is by premeditating, you have to play the shot soon as the ball is released, judgement factor is out of the window against such bowlers, it's become impossible to tell if the next ball will be slow or fast because if one ball that travels at 200 kph, the very next ball might be delivered at 135.5 kph which is super slow and playing early results in missing entirely but if you wait for the ball to try and judge it, you will always be playing it "LATE". Same goes for Liam Plunkett and a few other bowlers, the fast medium bowlers bowl at 151-153 kph fastest but their fastest delivery same as the normal fastest delivery of fast bowlers.

• Fast bowlers bowling at 158.9 kph feels like 200 kph
• Impossible to judge the ball
• Waiting for a split second results in "late timing" [IT WASN'T LIKE THAT BEFORE THE PATCH]

MAJOR BUGS SINCE LAST PATCH

1. BATTING METERS HAVE LOST THEIR PURPOSE
Before the patch, I don't recall ever getting out on all green bars, e.g. BATTING TIMING, FOOTWORK, PLACEMENT all being GOOD / IDEAL but now even if your timing, placement and footwork are good/ideal you'll still end up getting out 9/10 times on most pitches.

• GOOD / IDEAL timing, footwork and placement results in getting OUT
• Due to variation of conditions, you might score 100+ in first inning but in second inning, you couldn't score runs, safe shot results in edges and if you slog despite GOOD/IDEAL on the meters, you'll get OUT.

2. STRAIGHT SHOT AND LATE CUT ARE AS GOOD AS NON-EXISTENT
Since the last patch, it has become increasingly difficult play the late cut and that wasn't the case before. Playing straight shot results in ball going straight in the hands of the bowler resulting in caught and bowled nine out of ten times

MAJOR BUGS THAT HAVE EXISTED FOR A LONG TIME

1. MAGNET GLOVES
It sounds absurd but that's what it is, sometimes when you play a shot and see the ball sailing over the ropes for six, suddenly the ball disappears from mid-air and camera changes back to the keeper as the ball lands in his gloves - OUT!

2. SHOT ANIMATION TRIGGERED STUMPING
So standing well within the crease still not guarantees your safety against spin from getting stumped. If you mistime a shot against spin or miss it for any reason, the shot animation literally slides the batsman out of the crease as if he's standing on a treadmill and when you press return, the return animation triggers and conflicts with the shot animation which results in the batsman taking two steps further out of the crease before trying to run back

3. SLEEPING KEEPER
I am sure this occurs offline too! The keeper's movement is linked directly to the ball so if a batsman plays a shot towards off side or on side, the keeper still dives and then he takes ages to get back up and if fielder throws the ball to the keeper, it will go for boundary as keeper's animation of getting up is extremely slow.

4. RUNNING BYES
Fielders are extremely slow, if ball hits the batsman, a single can easily be stolen because it takes too much time for fielders to pick the ball and throw it. The delay is triggered by wrong animation, instead of running over the ball and quickly picking it for throw, bowler runs towards the ball and then just stands there until fielding animation is triggered, the animation which is supposed to be for far standing fielders where they wait for the fast moving ball to come to them and then sit for it. Why don't nearby fielders have running pick and throw animation? It does trigger once in a blue moon if I remember correctly.

5. RUNNING LEG-BYES
If you bowl a dot and the keeper dives, batsman can very easily and safely steal a single, they might complete a second run half way too because keeper gives them enough time while he gets back up from dive, extremely slow!

6. PAD SHOT!
So if you hit the pads and appeal, every player's appeal animation triggers and the ball will travel so far that batsman can easily steal two runs. Even if you don't appeal and ball hits the pads and lands near the batsman on the pitch, one run can still very easily be taken.

7. SPINNERS BOWLING NO BALLS
If you bowl a short delivery with a spinner (L1/LB+B/SQUARE) on a "HARD" pitch the ball bounces so much so that the umpire gives no ball on height

8. SLOW OFF-CUTTER
In certain conditions, bowling slow off cutters close to wide lines literally disables the bat and ball contact, 9/10 times regardless of how late you play the shot, the meter shows "EARLY" and no contact is made.

9. LEG-BYES 6!!!
Sometimes both the keeper and batsman misses the ball and it runs to the boundary, umpire gives 6 runs!. Sometimes the ball hits the batsman's pads and then it suddenly teleports behind the keeper and runs to the boundary.

I will update this thread with game-play videos and more details if needed tomorrow. I am sure more players will relate to these issues. Certain issues like field bugs are unlikely to be fixed in this game but I hope the developers take notice of this and make sure that these bugs are addressed in the next installment.

Attachments

• 20200519165250_1.jpg
    20200519165250_1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All this belongs in the bug report thread.

D

Dutch

Please file a bug report (many of these things have been noted by other users)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread