No Requests Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod - Official Downloads Topic

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@AshesCricket2019 Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am using 64-bit Windows Ultimate. But, I am facing the same issue on 3 different machines, although, all of them are Windows 7 64-bit versions. And since I am also working from home because of the lockdown, that's the only option I have at the moment.

Anyway, I have installed a fresh copy of the game on my 3rd machine and have attached a screenshot of the default, post-installation async.big.w32 file which includes the exact file size in bytes, date created along with your mod installer running beside it so that you can have a look at the directory path. And a second screenshot with the checksum for the same async.big.w32 file along with the mod installer running beside it so that you can look at the rest of the directory path.

I understand you cannot provide the async.big.w32 file, I'd rather prefer the xdelta patch anyway. If you could provide the xdelta patch then that would be great. Or maybe just the manual installation files that you spoke about. It's fine either way, take your time. You have spent time\efforts on this patch atleast what I can do is appreciate and wait a little longer.

Thanks!

Should be like this:
Capture.jpg

Last edited:

faysalsiddique

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Should be like this, I can only guess you are using a pirate copy and have just been wasting my time.
Capture.jpg
No, actually its not pirated. Ashes Cricket 2009 and Ashes Cricket (Big Ant) are the only cricket games I own. You can verify the same on my Steam Profile.
Also, unlike Ashes Cricket (Big Ant), I cannot play this without a DVD. So I know for a fact that my Ashes Cricket 2009 copy is not a pirated version.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
No, actually its not pirated. Ashes Cricket 2009 and Ashes Cricket (Big Ant) are the only cricket games I own. You can verify the same on my Steam Profile.
Also, unlike Ashes Cricket (Big Ant), I cannot play this without a DVD. So I know for a fact that my Ashes Cricket 2009 copy is not a pirated version.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

So you have an original retail DVD release of AC09? Then your async.big.w32 file would be the same as mine and everyone else who has managed to use the patcher successfully. It's not, it's a different size which points to what I said before. Unless there is some different release of the game due to region or platform I'm unaware of I don't see anything that would cause that.

Just to be clear the reason the patcher is not working for you is because your async.big.w32 file is different to all of ours.

Last edited:

faysalsiddique

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
So you have an original retail DVD release of AC09? Then your async.big.w32 file would be the same as mine and everyone else who has managed to use the patcher successfully. It's not, it's a different size which points to what I said before. Unless there is some different release of the game due to region or platform I'm unaware of I don't see anything that would cause that.

Just to be clear the reason the patcher is not working for you is because your async.big.w32 file is different to all of ours.
Thanks for explaining that, but again let me be very clear - my Ashes Cricket 2009 copy is not a pirated version.

Secondly, I figured out by looking at the screenshot of your async.big.w32 file that it was updated/patched (see the 26 September 2009 timestamp), whereas mine was infact the original which came with the DVD (see the 17 July 2009 timestamp). I understood the problem then and there. My async.big.w32 file was the original one which came along with the DVD and yours was the patched (because you had installed Open Beta 1 and 2), just as you said earlier - 'the reason the patcher is not working for you is because your async.big.w32 file is different to all of ours'.

I think I misread your instructions the first time, because I was under the assumption after reading your instructions that I would only need to install the Open Beta 1 and 2 if I had modified my async.big.w32 file before, which I had not. So I skipped the Open Beta 1 and 2 installations.

Now, I uninstalled Ashes Cricket 2009 from my PC, installed it again, then followed your instructions properly(including installing Open Beta 1 and 2). Now your patch works perfectly. Attached the screenshots.

Thank you so much for this incredible patch!

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Image 3.png
    Image 3.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for explaining that, but again let me be very clear - my Ashes Cricket 2009 copy is not a pirated version.

Secondly, I figured out by looking at the screenshot of your async.big.w32 file that it was updated/patched (see the 26 September 2009 timestamp), whereas mine was infact the original which came with the DVD (see the 17 July 2009 timestamp). I understood the problem then and there. My async.big.w32 file was the original one which came along with the DVD and yours was the patched (because you had installed Open Beta 1 and 2), just as you said earlier - 'the reason the patcher is not working for you is because your async.big.w32 file is different to all of ours'.

I think I misread your instructions the first time, because I was under the assumption after reading your instructions that I would only need to install the Open Beta 1 and 2 if I had modified my async.big.w32 file before, which I had not. So I skipped the Open Beta 1 and 2 installations.

Now, I uninstalled Ashes Cricket 2009 from my PC, installed it again, then followed your instructions properly(including installing Open Beta 1 and 2). Now your patch works perfectly. Attached the screenshots.

Thank you so much for this incredible patch!

My apologies for accusing you of piracy then, I didn't think the Open Beta patches actually made any changes to the async.big.w32 file but apparently I was wrong!

You're welcome - enjoy!

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
This patch has only Australia and England kits

That's right, it's the Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod, made for people who wish to play the Ashes Series...

If you wish to use the Mod as a basis for creating your own Mod or add your own kits then feel free.

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Can anyone please tell me how can i install beta patch in steam version....
Is there even a steam version of this game? Just asking, because I've the CD-DVD (original) version.

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This is the Official Downloads Topic for: Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod - A 10-Year Anniversary Project - Official Topic[
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Easy Installation
This is the recommended method of installing the Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod. It's nearly automatic and much, much easier than the manual installation method documented in the post below. I've spent a lot of hours creating Installers that will Patch your game with the full Mod as well as coding Logic into the Installers to make Patches cross-compatible and to handle various other tasks for you automatically.

Remember to always backup any of your own files you have edited before inserting mine. My recommendation is that you simply copy your entire "Documents\My Games\Codemasters" folder as well as the game installation folder (mine is "E:\Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" for example) and paste in place or to your usual backup location.

- Instructions -

Please do me and yourselves a favour to save us all time by reading the Instructions for each Numbered Step carefully and in full before you begin. It's going to be a quick Installation anyway but if you try to rush too much you will probably mess up something that is really very simple.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1: I Recommend you start with a clean installation of the game (this is only necessary if you have modified your async.big.w32 file before though). Now Install the Open Beta 1 and then the Open Beta 2 Patches before you begin installing this Mod. So you don't have to go hunting for the Patches I've uploaded them for you:

Download -> Open Beta 1
Download -> Open Beta 2
2: Pick one of the following Files to replace your USER.DAT File located (on an installation of Windows to the C:\ Drive) here:
"C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\USER.DAT" on newer versions of Windows
and here: "
My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\USER.DAT" on older versions.

Download -> USER.DAT :eng: (If You Are Playing with England)
Download -> USER.DAT :aus: (If You Are Playing with Australia)
Download -> USER.DAT :aus: (If You Are Playing with Australia and want Anderson to Bowl against you)

The Files have been specially prepared to ensure that the AI only picks the real Bowlers that featured in the Ashes 2019 Series. In order to do so some of the players on the opposing team that are not Bowlers have had their Bowling Abilities zeroed and their Bowling Type set to Off Spin - this is the only way to stop the AI from picking strange Bowling choices at times. The second USER.DAT File will allow Anderson to be in the England squad for the 1st Test but the AI will not select him as a Bowler. Broad, Woakes, Stokes, Ali & Denly will be selected instead - this is the closest we can get to simulating Anderson's injury that happened in the real 1st Test and meant he only bowled 4 Overs in the entire Series.

Copy this new USER.DAT file you just downloaded and Paste it into whichever of the two directories ("...\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" or "...\My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009") where you found your old existing USER.DAT and accept/confirm if you are asked whether you want to replace/overwrite it.

If you already had the game installed and want to clear your old achievements/unlocks and start fresh then you should delete USRSTAT.DAT from the same directory where you updated the USER.DAT file.

3: Now we're ready to Download the Main Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod Setup! You simply need to decide whether you would like to have the Radar On or Off.

Download -> Ashes2019Mod.exe (RADAR OFF)
OR
Download -> Ashes2019Mod.exe (RADAR ON)
Don't worry if you are not sure, if you want to swap after trying one you can simply Download the other version and run it, the Setup will handle the Patching to swap from 'Radar Off' to 'Radar On' or vice-versa.

Once you have Downloaded the version of your choice, run the Ashes2019Mod.exe File - you will see a Window like (or very similar) to this one:

There are detailed Instructions that you can read inside the Setup if you get stuck. However, If you did not Install the game to "C:\Program Files (x86)Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" then you simply need to Click 'Browse' and Navigate to the Directory called "final" inside your main Ashes Cricket 2009 Installation Location. Once you have selected your: "...\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\final" Directory you will see:

detecting.png

Followed by:

detected.png

Now Click 'Start' at the bottom-left corner of the Setup Window. Only Click Once and Wait - It will show: "Detecting Version... Please wait..." again because it's verifying that there have been no changes to the files it's about to Patch since the initial check, shortly after the Patch will begin and you can follow the On-Screen Instructions to completion.

Once the Patching has finished successfully you can close the Setup Window. You're now ready to play - Launch your game and enjoy! Unless you want to install the Hardcore Batting Mod, in which case you need to continue to Step 4.

4: This Step is optional. Make sure you have completed Steps 1-3 first!
If you would like to Install the Hardcore Batting Patch then proceed with the following Instructions - otherwise you can skip them and go play!

Download -> Ashes2019ModHardcore.exe (RADAR OFF)
OR
Download -> Ashes2019ModHardcore.exe (RADAR ON)
You can pick any combination of 'Radar Off' and 'Radar On'. I've programmed the Setup Applications to handle all combinations of Patches. That means; it doesn't matter whether you installed the Base Mod (Ashes2019Mod.exe) with Radar On or Off, the Patch Logic will take care of it all for you. So you can Bowl and Bat with the Radar On for both if you like, or Off for both. Or you can have it On for Batting and Off for Bowling, or otherwise Off for Batting and On for Bowling, just to be clear, every combination is possible, just pick which Patch you want. If you want to change it after, download the other Radar version and run the Setup again.

Download the version you want and run the Ashes2019ModHardcore.exe File. You will be presented with another Setup Window like you saw in the previous Step:

If you don't see the "Detected: Ready to Patch!" line then Click 'Browse' and Navigate to the Directory called "final" inside your main Ashes Cricket 2009 Installation Location. Once you have selected your: "...\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\final" Directory you will see "Detected: Ready to Patch!".

Now Click 'Start' at the bottom-left corner of the Setup Window. Only Click Once and Wait - It will show: "Detecting Version... Please wait..." again because it's verifying that there have been no changes to the files it's about to Patch since the initial check, shortly after the Patch will begin and you can follow the On-Screen Instructions to completion.

Once Patching is complete the Setup Application will install a File called: "batting-bowling-switcher.bat" into your: "...\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\final" Directory then it will attempt to create a Desktop Shortcut to it.
Once you have successfully completed the Patch and Installation, close the Setup Application. Now you can simply run this batting-bowling-switcher.bat File or the Shortcut to it in order to easily swap between Bowling with the Reticle and Batting with the Hardcore Mode (Late Pitch Point & No Bowling Reticle). Each time you run this File it will swap them and you'll see a message alerting you to which mode is currently enabled.

That's it - Now go enjoy the game!

If you are not sure what this Topic is about and/or you would like more information then please head to: Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod - A 10-Year Anniversary Project - Official Topic
[
OMG! Fabulous!!

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
OMG! Fabulous!!

I'm actually working on a new user.dat file to make the game a lot more fun and realistic because having finally had some time to play the game recently I've noticed quite a few problems, this is for those playing with England, when that's ready and I've made it available here I'll finally have a chance to try out playing as Australia and make improvements there too.

I'll release some more information about what's changing soon but it's things like Steve Smith not scoring enough runs, too many run-outs (particularly Smith being run out) and the spin bowlers being unrealistically overpowered (something which is largely down to the game engine but can be reduced by reducing those bowlers' abilities). Also in general I've improved the Australian teams batting abilities because I've found it just too easy to win against them, even with Hardcore Mode and Radar Disabled - and it shouldn't be too easy to win against them considering the series was drawn, it's also no fun if there's no challenge, if you don't play very well the AI should have a good chance of beating you.

I've basically had to keep playing the 1st Test again and again (with the same weather conditions) and modifying/tweaking the abilities of the players in the user.dat file each time to ensure that the issues are drastically reduced or gone entirely and that the Australian team in general puts up a better fight. In one of my tests they scored around 680 runs in their second innings after a poor first innings score and I was not bowling that badly, the conditions though were perfect for batting so this was very pleasing. I was set something like 450 in my final innings to win the match and it went all the way to the end of day 5!

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Can anyone please tell me how can i install beta patch in steam version....

Is there even a steam version of this game? Just asking, because I've the CD-DVD (original) version.

Somehow I didn't see this.

I'm guessing there must be a Steam version then according to this as well: News - Ashes Cricket 2009 Now Available on Steam whether it's still purchasable on Steam I'm not sure.

Bhaskar have you tried to point the patches to the Steam directory where your games are installed? If I remember correctly it's a directory called steamapps or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread