Scout for Cricket Captain 2018 (Release)

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2018 Scout. This is now fully integrated with the Cricket Captain 2018 Editor (just double-click any player in the Scout). For the main Editor release thread, please visit this link.

Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Scout and to report any issues.

As with the Editor, full credit goes to Fe98 for writing the original C# code more than a decade ago.

Screenshots:

Scout-02.png ScoutFilters.png ScoutRand.png

Quick Tips:
  1. Run Cricket Captain 2018.09 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
  2. Run the Scout.
  3. Click "Load" in the Scout.
  4. Click "Options" to change the displayed columns and to filter results.
  5. Click any column title to sort players by that value.
  6. Double-click any player to launch Editor for that player.
  7. Click Options -> Randomization to configure ability randomization.
Downloads:

Version | Date | Description
2018.09-01 | 23/05/2020 | First release. 2018.09-02 | 31/05/2020 | Integrated Editor. Added filters and randomization. 2018.09-03|17/06/2020|Improved stability. Integrated Editor 2018.09-09.

Attachments

• CricketCaptain2018Scout09-01.zip
    85.9 KB · Views: 50
  • CricketCaptain2018Scout09-02.zip
    145.4 KB · Views: 35
  • CricketCaptain2018Scout09-03.zip
    146.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Wow mate eagerly waiting for this, can we use the random skill and potential features in this version?[DOUBLEPOST=1590261255][/DOUBLEPOST]Kindly made the skill random as modifier of current skill that is add or less - 100 to +100 randomly to current skills.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Wow mate eagerly waiting for this, can we use the random skill and potential features in this version?

Not yet. This is a very basic first release. I just want to check this will load correctly for other people. Please download it and see if it runs.

The randomization will be in the next release. I hope to have time to do it tomorrow.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
So every season we can load up the scout and run the randomizer to all the players so that they will have dynamic player development in the game.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So every season we can load up the scout and run the randomizer to all the players so that they will have dynamic player development in the game.

Or you could just randomize all players once at the start of a new game. Then you can see which players are good by watching them play over time. There are lots of different things you could try.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Both options would be good , as the first one provide dynamic player development so a player started as crap can turn in to a legend in later years and vice versa. Whole new way to play the game.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@TemPSaad I have uploaded a new version of the Scout. Please try version 2018.09-02.

I have made a lot of big changes, so it is possible that not everything will work perfectly. Please report any problems you find.

The main new features are:
  • Double-click any player in the Scout to launch the Editor for that player.
  • A lot more filters (see Options -> Filters).
  • Randomization of ability and potential.
It took a long time to do randomization well. I realized, for example, that you probably want to randomize bowlers separately from batsmen (otherwise many batsmen could end up being terrible at batting and brilliant at bowling, which might be fun, but could also be confusing). Therefore, you can now filter the players that you want to randomize. For example, if you want to improve bowling potential of all Afghanistani bowlers by 50 - 100, then you can first filter non-retired Afghanistani bowlers like this:

ScoutFilters.png

Then you randomize like this:

upload_2020-5-31_15-41-57.png

If you don't want to just improve/worsen players, but totally randomize them, then you can set the randomization Mode to "Absolute".

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
The Scout is not opening the player list. But my PC seems to be working overtime making all sorts of noises!
2020-06-12-12-20-57.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread