England in the 90s

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The worst of it was against the seamers I was motoring along at 8 or 9 an over, cantering to victory.

spinners came on and less than 10 overs later it was done and dusted the other way around

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
The worst of it was against the seamers I was motoring along at 8 or 9 an over, cantering to victory.

spinners came on and less than 10 overs later it was done and dusted the other way around

I've just had a similar experience with Ravi Shastri and Anil Kumble tbh. They'll be living rent free in my head for a while

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand

Spun out of the game hahaha, at least you are fulfilling the England brief of winning and losing in the 90’s! Good to see you have kept it going as I have enjoyed reading this story and it might provide me some motivation to pick up the game and play it after a long break

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Spun out of the game hahaha, at least you are fulfilling the England brief of winning and losing in the 90’s! Good to see you have kept it going as I have enjoyed reading this story and it might provide me some motivation to pick up the game and play it after a long break

It was horrific. On to New Zealand tour, hopefully will be able to balance things a little bit more going forward but last few weeks a bit crazy workwise

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cheers buddy. Will come in handy eventually when I finish getting botted by Australia...

View attachment 233645

that’s a spanking!

shared as Sri Lanka 91-93

also shared New Zealand 90-92 covering players who played in WSC 90/91 on the England Ashes tour, and vs England in Tests and ODI in NZ in 1992.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
We rumble on to New Zealand. 1st Test 1992.

England pick a team with Gooch and Stewart opening; Hick, who was discarded after 4 tests vs WI restored to number 3, Ramprakash dropped for Lamb who’d seemed to be discarded after Ashes; and Jack Russell, dropped vs West Indies for his batting not strong enough before being immediately recalled against Sri Lanka, bats at 6.

Dermot Reeve makes his debut, the 5th “prong” of a 5 man “attack” alongside DeFraitas, Lewis, Pringle and Tufnell. (I’d say we put out a terrible side, but in real life we won by an innings!!)

New Zealand bat first, an odd decision from Gooch and if this wasn’t 1992 you’d have to say it appeared he was checking his emails and got distracted.

NZ enjoyed the better of the morning session, but Defraitas did make 2 breakthroughs in his second spell... the second being a rare catch in the in-field, obviously a result of the enthusiasm of debutant Reeve running in to snaffle the chance.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just had the AI hit over the top, my mid-off running back and it goes into the catch minigame. I think hell yeah an infield and an outfield catch in the same inns...

but for some reason it freezes with the catch cursor just outside the circle. Like I was able to move it at first and then just outside the circle it froze... won’t move... won’t move, so obviously he doesn’t catch it and it drops safe and goes for 4.

FFS

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Just had the AI hit over the top, my mid-off running back and it goes into the catch minigame. I think hell yeah an infield and an outfield catch in the same inns...

but for some reason it freezes with the catch cursor just outside the circle. Like I was able to move it at first and then just outside the circle it froze... won’t move... won’t move, so obviously he doesn’t catch it and it drops safe and goes for 4.

FFS
I feel your pain, man. This happened with me one test back at short mid-wicket--the cursor simply won't move towards the circle no matter how much I moved the D-pad despite having the best fielder in that position. I felt robbed of a 3rd short mid-wicket catch in a single test.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

FFS

Aye that's the pits when the mini game screws you

Users who are viewing this thread