Random Cricket Memorabilia

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I was in one of those half awake half asleep states when my Mrs got up for work, whilst also having a dream about playing for the Windies. When she asked if I was getting up, I told her I was putting my West Indies kit on... so she bought me that for Christmas. I still won though, because I insisted it went up on the wall

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That is pretty outstanding.

I've got a couple of things kicking about - an Indian ODI cap signed by an eleven that included Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid and I think Laxman is probably the prize piece. It's from about 2004 I think, possibly the Champions Trophy? That's a pretty nice thing to have - and I got it for free.

My dad has a couple as well - most notably Matthew Hayden's old Northants blazer. He's a HUGE bloke - I'm 6'5" and pretty broad, and it's too big for me. The sequence of events went: bought blazer > Hayden smashes world record 380 > gets blazer valued > Lara flays 400 > value depreciates. It's a cool item though. We also have one of Phil Jaques' old one-day kits somewhere. I could have got one of Ray Bright's old bats when I lived in Australia (proper railway sleeper of a thing) but we'd never have been able to get it through customs.

I think that's everything, apart from programmes from a few memorable games - possibly including the Australia-Bangladesh game we went to in Cardiff

Aislabie

Ireland
Love that of all the players who's shirt you could have, its Phil Jacques
Northants gonna Northants. He was so effortly good while he was with us - I remember seeing him reverse-pull/hook some poor county seamer. It was so strange though, because the top four would be like Michael Hussey, Phil Jaques, Tim Roberts and Tom Huggins. It was a strange time to be a Northants fan, but it only got stranger when Kepler arrived.

Aislabie

Ireland
20200702_125033.jpg
So here's the India cap; it looks like a fan cap or training cap or something but I'm pretty sure the signatures are genuine because I got it off a TMS commentator. Some of those signatures (eg Dravid) have aged better than others (eg Sreesanth)

I definitely misremembered some details about it!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Guess this would be considered a heirloom more than memorabilia.

Cricket ball awarded to my great-grandfather by his teammates after taking 10 wickets for 13 runs in 1929 for his cricket club.
IMG_20200702_151032.jpg
While I met, although too young to remember, his wife (my great-grandmother) he died in a plane crash when when my Nan was a teenager. I always remembered being fascinated by the ball as a kid and was one of the things that sparked my interest in cricket. My grandparents were the biggest factor in getting me into cricket and gave me the ball before they died.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
The only thing I have worth remembering are autographs from many of the players of Vidarbha vs Delhi Ranji 2017 final. Owing to coincidence, they were staying in the same hotel as me. Some notable players include Gautam Gambhir, Rishabh Pant, Wasim Jaffer and Manoj Prabhakar

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
What I have though, is memories and stories. My papa (grandfather) he used to be a bowler in his school days and before he got Alzheimer's, I loved hearing him talk about what you need to do to bowl fast and how you have to always be fit. He never got much past school cricket and in his day once you finished primary school you were expected to learn a trade. He was an apprentice to a tailor as his first paying job. Would bowl in village games from time to time. Always loved the game. Even near the end when he didn't know anything, you put on the TV and it was showing cricket, he was into it.

I'm privileged to have heard his stories, and one day when I have kids of my own I'll pass down those stories to them. It just won't feel right if I don't.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Guess this would be considered a heirloom more than memorabilia.

Cricket ball awarded to my great-grandfather by his teammates after taking 10 wickets for 13 runs in 1929 for his cricket club.
View attachment 233903
While I met, although too young to remember, his wife (my great-grandmother) he died in a plane crash when when my Nan was a teenager. I always remembered being fascinated by the ball as a kid and was one of the things that sparked my interest in cricket. My grandparents were the biggest factor in getting me into cricket and gave me the ball before they died.

1929?! That's unreal

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
That ball is definitely a piece of memorabilia. 10 for 13? As I said before, that's awesome. A beautiful heirloom, and a wonderful memory and tribute to a great man in your life.

Users who are viewing this thread