Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
For those interested in transferring players between different teams, please try out the attached pre-release of this feature.

This is still extremely basic and please be warned this tool could corrupt your savegame, so create a new savegame to try this. However, I could really use some help in testing it out, as this is more complex than most other parts of the editor. It seems to work for me, but I'm worried the game could crash later on (e.g. at the end of the season).

Right now, this tool only allows you to swap players between clubs in your main domestic league (accessible via the "Team Details" screen). It is also ugly and difficult to use. Later, these things can be improved.

Instructions:
  1. In Cricket Captain, go to the "Team Details" screen and navigate to one of the clubs you want to swap a player from.
  2. In the Transfer Editor, click "Load Squad A".
  3. In Cricket Captain, navigate to the 2nd club you want to swap a player from.
  4. In the Transfer Editor, click "Load Squad B".
  5. Select one player in Squad A, one player in Squad B, then click the "<-->" button.
For now, the squad lists disappear after each swap, so you have to repeat the whole process for every player you transfer. This will be improved later.

upload_2020-7-11_21-52-21.png

Attachments

• CricketCaptain2020TransferEditor.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 37

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It would be good to have an option when editing players to boost or lower current or potential abilities by 10% with one click. This would a handy way of giving a player a small improvement without the guesswork of picking a range that could leave them stronger or weaker given you don't know their actual ability.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
It would be good to have an option when editing players to boost or lower current or potential abilities by 10% with one click. This would a handy way of giving a player a small improvement without the guesswork of picking a range that could leave them stronger or weaker given you don't know their actual ability.

That's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?! I can't think of any drawbacks, so I'll get this done this morning.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Superb idea actually. Will save loads of time and will only increase ability and skill marginally within the game.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@Lenix43 I have made the changes you suggested. Please try 2020.08-02.

You can now select an "Offset %" mode for hidden attributes.

Just set an appropriate % value, then click OK. Don't forget to click "Apply" to save the changes.

Also, don't forget that for bowling, lower ability/potential is better. Therefore, to improve a bowler by 10%, you should set the bowling ability/potential value to "-10%".

upload_2020-7-12_11-50-17.png

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm not sure if anyone has found much use for the Selection Editor or Transfer Editor yet, but as per @Prashanth S Kharche's suggestion, I have fixed the little player type icons.

The Selection Editor is almost ready to integrate into the main Editor. The Transfer Editor is still a way off.

upload_2020-7-12_19-10-2.png

upload_2020-7-12_19-8-55.png

Attachments

• CricketCaptain2020SelectionEditor.zip
    41.1 KB · Views: 28
  • CricketCaptain2020TransferEditor.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 38

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The transfer editor could see some real use to fix the IPL franchises as most of them revert to having just a couple of overseas players at best in the future instead of the usual eight once it is possible to just add a player to the team rather than swap him entirely from another squad.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
The transfer editor could see some real use to fix the IPL franchises as most of them revert to having just a couple of overseas players at best in the future instead of the usual eight once it is possible to just add a player to the team rather than swap him entirely from another squad.

I think the Transfer Editor could become one of the most powerful and interesting parts of the editor. It's also going to be the most complex part, so there will probably be a lot of iterations of small improvements before it's good.

RM19

School Cricketer
Hi, I have been playing Cricket captain games for past few installments. I play it on android, I understand that it is not easy to bring an editor for android but how about introducing an editor for the demo?? So that we can make necessary changes in the savegame and use it in android via dropbox . I wouldn't mind if It's very basic but it would really help android gamers like me. Thanks

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Hi, I have been playing Cricket captain games for past few installments. I play it on android, I understand that it is not easy to bring an editor for android but how about introducing an editor for the demo?? So that we can make necessary changes in the savegame and use it in android via dropbox . I wouldn't mind if It's very basic but it would really help android gamers like me. Thanks

Good idea. I didn't think about that as a way of using edited games on other devices. I think this is quite easily doable. I'll try to get this in to the next release.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@RM19 Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be possible for me to install the demo, having already purchased the full game. Please run the Pointer Searcher program described at this link and I should be able to use your results to get the main features working for the demo.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I have integrated the Selection Editor into release 2020.08-03 of the main Editor. You can launch the Selection Editor via the "Tools" menu:

upload_2020-7-18_16-11-5.png

Note: You should only use this tool while viewing the Coin Toss screen at the start of a match in Cricket Captain.

You can set the opposition's Captain / Keeper / Bowler 1 / Bowler 2 by right-clicking any player in the team:

upload_2020-7-18_16-11-56.png

Thanks to @Prashanth S Kharche for help with debugging this.

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-18_16-10-51.png
    upload_2020-7-18_16-10-51.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread