Not open for further replies.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why aren’t there any answers regarding how to play unorthodox shots? I have searched a lot and I tried my best to see every nook and corner. I have spent almost a year on my PS4 and still no luck. I have seen lot of people enquiring about unorthodox shots either the answers are dodgy or the questions are unanswered.
I would like someone to explain why it doesn’t work. Only sweep works but that too not the slog sweep.

Last edited:

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Why aren’t there any answers regarding how to play unorthodox shots? I have searched a lot and I tried my best to see every nook and corner. I have spent almost a year on my PS4 and still no luck. I have seen lot of people enquiring about unorthodox shots either the answers are dodgy or the questions are unanswered.
I would like someone to explain why it doesn’t work. Only sweep works but that too not the slog sweep.
Reverse sweep works best, sweep only goes towards square leg or around midwicket and not behind the batsman (even though the AI can do a strange sweep towards fine leg), but these two are pretty easy to get the timing right on. Switch hit could also be mastered, but I personally find it too risky considering the timing adjustments; a simple drive/cut towards off is easier. Regarding other shots, I have not been able to figure out the proper timing and hence given up. However, I have seen videos online (most probably some fb group on ps4 cricket 2019) where one guy keeps playing all the uo shots, although he does not explain the timing but only placements. Nevertheless, I still could not play those.

Nigel Jones

School Cricketer
I need some help with sweeping and flicking off the pads behind square, I see YouTubers manage it quite easily but I can't seem to do it. How to position both sticks etc, I play with no bowling rider at all so it's ultra realistic. Also cut shots ofc the back foot, I can push it out to middle off but not past gully..any advice..?

bilalmalik79

Club Cricketer
Reverse sweep works best, sweep only goes towards square leg or around midwicket and not behind the batsman (even though the AI can do a strange sweep towards fine leg), but these two are pretty easy to get the timing right on. Switch hit could also be mastered, but I personally find it too risky considering the timing adjustments; a simple drive/cut towards off is easier. Regarding other shots, I have not been able to figure out the proper timing and hence given up. However, I have seen videos online (most probably some fb group on ps4 cricket 2019) where one guy keeps playing all the uo shots, although he does not explain the timing but only placements. Nevertheless, I still could not play those.
try classic setting bro

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lately there is no help on Planet Cricket. We asked nicely for people to share difficulty settings and how to play certain shots. I hope that Big Ant will have proper guides in the next game.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In my experience the trigger is L1/LB to use unorthodox shots. This is classic controls.

You can bring up the controls in the game, during a match, which tell you how to play unorthodox shots.

You can practice these in the nets.

Question answered. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread