Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand All Time.

Based on many articles from Cric Info and the New Zealand Era Teams I've created beginning from New Zealand's 1930s up to 2010s. I've created the near impossible task of creating a variety of line-ups. Most of the creations are mine and I've used an updated version of my original Martin Crowe and Richard Hadlee with the same stats but with an improved face from I believe either @wasteyouryouth or @DalePlaysCricket. As well as the excellent creations of Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor from @wasteyouryouth.

So whose in, I'll just list them as that is easier,

Openers - Glenn Turner, Bert Sutcliffe, John Wright, Mark Richardson, Graham Dowling,
Batsmen Martin Crowe, Kane Williamson, Martin Donnelly, Ross Taylor, Nathan Astle, Stephen Fleming, Andrew Jones, Bev Congdon, Stewie Dempster, John F Reid, Colin Munro,
All-Rounders - Chris Cairns, Craig McMillan, Richard Hadlee, John R Reid,
Pace Bowlers - Richard Hadlee, Dion Nash, Shane Bond, Jack Cowie, Richard Collinge, Danny Morrison, Gary Bartlett, Ewan Chatfield, Simon Doull, Dick Motz,
Spinners- Daniel Vettori, Tom Burtt,
Wicketkeepers - Brendan McCullum, Ian Smith, Adam Parore, Ken Wadsworth,

Thanks the beauty of selecting All Star Teams. :)

As for Bruce Taylor maybe for Doull or Nash, I would I would look at Boult or Southee both of whom I rate when their careers are over.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Zimbabwe 1990s.

During the 1990s and early 2000s Zimbabwe produced some excellent cricketers that competed on the world stage, it would be great to see a return to at least that level in the future as in the 1990s we became quickly familiar with their leading names. Arguably the 1990s produced one of the greatest batsman of the era in Andy Flower, later to a master cricket coach. Big nod to @DalePlaysCricket who did some fina Zimbabwe players from this era. The squad of 23 is made up of my creations and his bases with stat tweaks.

Key Players included are,

Grant Flower, Stuart Carlisle, Murray Goodwin who averaged in the 40s in Test Cricket, Andy Flower who was one of the best batsmen of the era, big hitting Alistair Campbell who would have been a hit in T20, keeper David Hougton, Paul Strang and Heath Streak. I've also included John Tracicos who represented South Africa and switched to Zimbabwe the country of his birth. Traicos was an excellent spinner

Back ups include, Henry Olonga, Eddo Brandes, Guy Whittall, Craig Wishart, Pommie Mbangwa, Kevin Arnott, Gavin Rennie, David Brain a decent bowler hampered by injuries, all rounder Neil Johnson who starred on the big stage, and Andy Waller.

Thank you to the logo, uniform, bat, stadium, facemakers,

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Added two more veterans to the Zimbabwe 1990s, wicket keeper Robin Brown, and medium pacer, Peter Rawson. The squad now has 27 players. I've also tweaked Gavin Rennie.

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Zimbabwe 2000-2020.

I've expanded the era rather than 10 to 20. A special case as this is due to the disruption to Zimbabwe's cricket during this time. Still there are only 18 players I deemed worthy of inclusion, though you may differ.

Many thanks to contributors around the academy, and @wasteyouryouth for one or two playfaces. About 8 of these are my creations, the rest are bases that I've tweaked to fit my universe. I was not as familiar with this group of players, so did more than I normally do to research like watching Zimbabwe cricket videos on You Tube! I did enjoy knowing about Hamilton Masakada, and Andy Blignaut. Blignaut looked like a good player in the making.

So the main stats are Masakada, Blignaut, Raza, Brendan Taylor who somehow I've never notices, Sean Williams, who I learned about playing Cricket Captain 20! Doug Marillier, and Craig Ervine. There are 18 in total, any other suggestions are most welcome. I've uploaded 3 stadiums to go with the squad.

Many thanks to the logo, uniform, stadium, bat makers!

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Update on my team creation project.

I cannot believe that my labour of love is coming to an end. Since DB17 I have tried to do all the major nations era all time teams. I got close in Ashes, but can actually see the finishing line on this one!

Left to do are,

England 1910s, 1900s
Australia 1900s
West Indies 1940s + India 1940s (There wasn,t much international cricket during this time but I think I can do it, based on how I did New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and England)

I am looking forward to creating my own Wilfred Rhodes and Victor Trumper!

It's been a lot of fun doing these teams and players, and I hope you have managed to use "missing players" for squads you assemble or alternatives to what you use, I research heavily and it has been a great de-stresser, especially in a year like we all experiencing.

Anyway back to research! Only 4 left to!

If you are wondering about pre-1900 I had always intended to leave that alone!

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think you missed on Rusi Modi for the 1950s Indian team, he could be huge for the 40s team.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
I think you missed on Rusi Modi for the 1950s Indian team, he could be huge for the 40s team.

Great shout for Rusi Modi, it's funny I read about him on this site, just the other day, will definitely look to doing India 40s next, I am just finishing England 1900s (which has been fascinating) and Engiand 1910s.

Many thanks!

Bevab

Staff Member
Great shout for Rusi Modi, it's funny I read about him on this site, just the other day, will definitely look to doing India 40s next, I am just finishing England 1900s (which has been fascinating) and Engiand 1910s.

Many thanks!

I was about to post about him for my Mumbai side, might need to get around to that soon!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
I was about to post about him for my Mumbai side, might need to get around to that soon!

Hahaha

I'll post him up in a few minutes, here are my initial notes on him.

Rosi Modi

A tall slim player...very wristy,...right handed....with a sound defense....an elegant mover on the crease...light on his feet...got his whole body behind the ball to score a boundary...Occasional medium paced bowler of inswing......

First Class Career 7509 runs @ 53.63 and 32 wickets @38.28

Test Career 736 runs @46.00 with 1 century.

:)

Bevab

Staff Member
Hahaha

I'll post him up in a few minutes, here are my initial notes on him.

Rosi Modi

A tall slim player...very wristy,...right handed....with a sound defense....an elegant mover on the crease...light on his feet...got his whole body behind the ball to score a boundary...Occasional medium paced bowler of inswing......

First Class Career 7509 runs @ 53.63 and 32 wickets @38.28

Test Career 736 runs @46.00 with 1 century.

:)

Think he averaged about 70 for Bombay in Ranji cricket, was a shame that he did not play more tests.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1900s.

An era referred to as the "Golden Age of Cricket". After research I can see why. Whereas before I tended to skip pages of many a cricket book about this era to focus on eras that I knew more about, now I am very curious to find out more about these 26 cricketers assembled here in this squad. Hopefully if you need squad fillers, special legends, and players to add to your World All Time Leagues you will them here from this era.

This team is filled with legends of cricket.

The batsman, KS Ranji, the great Yorkshire trio, Wilfred Rhodes, Schofield Haigh, and George Hirst, bowling All Time Great, Sid Barnes, hard hitting Gilbert Jessop, the classy CB Fry, mean fast bowler Bill Lockwood, allrounder Tom Arnold, Young dashing Jack Crawford, openers, Tom Hayward and Archie McClaren, originator of the "googly", Bernard Bosenquet, aristocratic Johnny, "JT" Tyldesley, great spinner Colin Blythe, parsimonious medium pacer Albert Relf, leader Pelham "Plum" Warner, the tough, ruthless, honorable Stanley Jackson, and many more.

I have loved sprucing them up also in a T20 generic kit with caps of the day so play a bit of T20. (CB Fry loves this format!) Stadiums are modern and include Trent Bridge. A great bit of fun playing T20 with these proper old school who even beat my Fire In Babylon side last night handily!

CB Fry, Albert Relf, Tom Hayward and Archie McClaren know how to "rock" a mustache!

Thanks to the jumper, uniform, logo, bat and stadium makers!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1910s.

A bit more challenging to put together due to the first World War 1914-1918. A few of these players would go onto the 20s and even 1930 and complete their careers and leave a legendary impression, you have to wonder what might have been. Jack Hobbs stats? They would have been even greater! So this is a small squad of 15 but does have some legendary names in English Cricket History and famous players of the time.

Jack Hobbs heads that list as the star opener, he will open the innings with another star of the time, George Gunn, at three comes Phil Mead and at 4 one of the greatest English stylists of all time in allrounder Frank Woolley rated by many to as good as the great Walter Hammond (in the 30s squad). Hobbs and Gunn were the partnership of the day, until one Herbert Sutcliffe arrived on the scene in the 20's.

At 5 is JW Hearne, at 6 Lionel Tennyson and at 7 the talented Johnny Douglas. At 8 is the excellent left hand fast medium, Frank Foster, and at 9 a player called Major Booth. Yes Major was his first name. Booth had an outstanding career at First Class Level and in his only 2 matches at test level he was successful, he was one of the game's what might have beens as he was killed during the war. Keeper Tiger Smith just nudges Herbert Strudwick at keeper. At 11 is another excellent bowler of pace in Bill Hitch. Joe Vine is a decent batsman to have in reserve and Morice Bird and the beautifully named, Septimus Kinneir round out the squad.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1900s

This completes the major nations in Test Cricket History. ( I am going to have a look at India and West Indies 1940s). So pretty much all the Ashes and the famous Triangular Test Series of the early 20th Century between Australia, England and South Africa, can be played with only minor creations needed to fill out squads as the vast majority of Test Players have now been created or enhanced from the creations of others.

In this team I have tweaked the bases in the main of @gleeso73. Slight tweaks to the appearances but the original artwork was excellent! I have also tweaked ratings too. This is a smallish squad of 17 compared to some I have uploaded.

This team has some great "Golden Age" players, such as legendary All Time Great Victor Trumper, exciting batsman Clem Hill, larger than life character and captain, "The Big Ship" Warwick Armstrong, spinner Hugh Trumble, fast bowler Tibby "Terror" Cotter, tough as nails Joe Darling and opener Syd Gregory and even two players from to bolster the squad who did not play in the 1900s but did in the late 1890s in the Trott brothers, Albert and Harry Trott, and the beautifully named wicket keeper, James "Stumper" Kelly

Thanks to the uniform, stadium, bat and logo makers!

Enjoy!

I am going to fire up a quick 20/20 and see how they do against England 1900s and then do a little fix on South Africa 1910s and 1920 who may have duplicate players, especially Dave Nourse.

Then go for a Triangular 1900s 20/20. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread