PlanetCricket Award Winner
116439485_2728844460724614_1952218453505228448_n.jpg
This is beautiful.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really wish we get the game earlier on PC this time around. That might be my first suggestion although there is a financial incentive to go console first.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Really wish we get the game earlier on PC this time around. That might be my first suggestion although there is a financial incentive to go console first.

Yeah, I just don't understand why not release at the same time across all platforms. Unless big ant hope people double dip from console to pc. Granted pc is takes a lot more effort to optimise due to the amount of different possible hardware configurations. That would be my only guess.

Ashy-90

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I just don't understand why not release at the same time across all platforms. Unless big ant hope people double dip from console to pc. Granted pc is takes a lot more effort to optimise due to the amount of different possible hardware configurations. That would be my only guess.
due to PC versions starts getting ripped off to a pirated on torrents they seem to release in Consoles first as they can see the reviews as well as copies sold across . depending on that they take 2 months gap for PC release as i have seen them happening from Ashes cricket and C19 .
lets hope in upcoming to be released together with all platforms . finger crossed

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
due to PC versions starts getting ripped off to a pirated on torrents they seem to release in Consoles first as they can see the reviews as well as copies sold across . depending on that they take 2 months gap for PC release as i have seen them happening from Ashes cricket and C19 .
lets hope in upcoming to be released together with all platforms . finger crossed
agree with everything there mate

D

Dutch

I'll be getting the Keaton Jennings Edition.
Unfortunately development is on hold as they are unable to get his gormlessness on the front cover, despite industrial photo-shopping. I believe they are seeking permission to merge Trumps triple chins with his facial expression to get the desired look.

Bevab

Staff Member
I'll be posting my thoughts as randomly as they pop into my head if that's fine. :p

• The perks are definitely a step in the right direction towards making each player more unique. I would like to see some more freedom or slots in picking them and for some of them to be less powerful or impactful instead. 'Negative' perks could also be a good thing, imagine a short ball deficiency perk or a weakness to outswing perk which allows you and the AI to plan and bowl more of such deliveries to target particular players. I don't really like the perks that boost a player's skill in one shot or delivery arbitrarily at the moment, what could make them more interesting is for such perks to increase their tendency to play that particular shot or play in a particular way even if the conditions/delivery doesn't mean they should. Think Kohli chasing a wide delivery, Rohit trying to pull every short ball or Roscoe/AbD moving across the stump and swatting the ball towards leg-side. Not sure if this is already encoded in the game where in batsmen more skilled in one type attempt that shot more often but even if so it would mostly happen when the percentages are usually in their favour. This might bring in strategies like the double bluff or bluff commonly seen in T20s and would also help a lot in resolving the outfield catches issue (sure, Rohit will hit you for a couple of boundaries but the third one might be a top edge of a good length ball instead that ends up as an infield catch).
  • I would like to see the 'mental and physical' section of attributes make a real comeback instead of being only influenced by the perks. At the very least the fitness, running speed and strength attributes influenced a player. The comparatively better stamina system in the present game and better fielders should make the first three attributes important differentiating factors among players. Strength could also complement the player's mentality with a weak brute (Sarfaraz Ahmed in ODIs?) struggling to clear the ropes in shorter formats but being very aggressive in tests by scoring over the top of a fielder.

By now it should be clear that I want the perks to move more in the direction of a preference-weakness system instead of massively affecting the skill of a player which could allow more attribute levels in game although I do like the current five bar system (the half filled ones should start to mean something though instead of simply existing as an installation bar).

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I'll be posting my thoughts as randomly as they pop into my head if that's fine. :p

• The perks are definitely a step in the right direction towards making each player more unique. I would like to see some more freedom or slots in picking them and for some of them to be less powerful or impactful instead. 'Negative' perks could also be a good thing, imagine a short ball deficiency perk or a weakness to outswing perk which allows you and the AI to plan and bowl more of such deliveries to target particular players. I don't really like the perks that boost a player's skill in one shot or delivery arbitrarily at the moment, what could make them more interesting is for such perks to increase their tendency to play that particular shot or play in a particular way even if the conditions/delivery doesn't mean they should. Think Kohli chasing a wide delivery, Rohit trying to pull every short ball or Roscoe/AbD moving across the stump and swatting the ball towards leg-side. Not sure if this is already encoded in the game where in batsmen more skilled in one type attempt that shot more often but even if so it would mostly happen when the percentages are usually in their favour. This might bring in strategies like the double bluff or bluff commonly seen in T20s and would also help a lot in resolving the outfield catches issue (sure, Rohit will hit you for a couple of boundaries but the third one might be a top edge of a good length ball instead that ends up as an infield catch).
  • I would like to see the 'mental and physical' section of attributes make a real comeback instead of being only influenced by the perks. At the very least the fitness, running speed and strength attributes influenced a player. The comparatively better stamina system in the present game and better fielders should make the first three attributes important differentiating factors among players. Strength could also complement the player's mentality with a weak brute (Sarfaraz Ahmed in ODIs?) struggling to clear the ropes in shorter formats but being very aggressive in tests by scoring over the top of a fielder.

By now it should be clear that I want the perks to move more in the direction of a preference-weakness system instead of massively affecting the skill of a player which could allow more attribute levels in game although I do like the current five bar system (the half filled ones should start to mean something though instead of simply existing as an installation bar).
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread