Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for the help Toby
I will try this soon and update the forum
Apologies for the seriously late reply, not having a great time of it at the moment
Thanks again, take care and please stay safe
No problem mate, anytime!

And by the looks of it, it seems you're having a hard time. :(
Take care and stay safe, buddy!

LJW1912

School Cricketer
I have an issue also on my install, seems to install fine, running as admin gets the game past the first screen (for some reason), but after pressing enter it starts to open the initial menu and then hangs... Is there a fix?

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I have an issue also on my install, seems to install fine, running as admin gets the game past the first screen (for some reason), but after pressing enter it starts to open the initial menu and then hangs... Is there a fix?

Read the first page of this topic. :yes

--Edit--
Oh this happens to me sometimes too on Windows 10, sometimes restarting the game and/or your PC helps.

Also, if you get past the "Press Enter" screen where you see the Ashes Cricket 2019 logo but then it seems to freeze on the blue screen with the menu and the video playing in the background try to slowly Alt-Tab (wait for it to Tab out of the game) and then press Alt-Tab again to get back into the game, be patient, it can take a few seconds for each Tab and sometimes you need to do it a couple of times to get the menu screen working correctly. Important to note that for this to work, you need to have something else open in the background that you can Tab to, so leave your Browser open (for example Chrome) or Task Manager, if there's nothing else open to Tab to then Alt-Tab will not work. This same bug can occur when you are deeper into the menus as well and about to start actually loading your match, you can Alt-Tab again to fix it there as well.

If you are on Windows 10 you're also probably going to suffer from the game hanging when you are finished playing and try to quit back to Desktop via the main menu. When you are finished playing your match / have saved your game then get yourself back to the main menu and use CTRL + ALT + DELETE to kill the game process with Task Manager instead of trying to quit via the menu.

One final thing, if you do play the game then quit back to the menu you probably won't be able to start playing again unless you close the game and reopen it, if you try it will most likely freeze. To do so I find it's best to save then quit back to the menu screen (quitting back to the menu screen tells your GPU to flush memory) then use Task Manager to kill the process as I said above. If you kill the process from within the Test Match or whatever format you are playing without quitting back to the Menus first then you may struggle to get past the loading screens when you open the game until you reboot your PC.

Last edited:

LJW1912

School Cricketer
Read the first page of this topic. :yes

--Edit--
Oh this happens to me sometimes too on Windows 10, sometimes restarting the game and/or your PC helps.

Also, if you get past the "Press Enter" screen where you see the Ashes Cricket 2019 logo but then it seems to freeze on the blue screen with the menu and the video playing in the background try to slowly Alt-Tab (wait for it to Tab out of the game) and then press Alt-Tab again to get back into the game, be patient, it can take a few seconds for each Tab and sometimes you need to do it a couple of times to get the menu screen working correctly. Important to note that for this to work, you need to have something else open in the background that you can Tab to, so leave your Browser open (for example Chrome) or Task Manager, if there's nothing else open to Tab to then Alt-Tab will not work. This same bug can occur when you are deeper into the menus as well and about to start actually loading your match, you can Alt-Tab again to fix it there as well.

If you are on Windows 10 you're also probably going to suffer from the game hanging when you are finished playing and try to quit back to Desktop via the main menu. When you are finished playing your match / have saved your game then get yourself back to the main menu and use CTRL + ALT + DELETE to kill the game process with Task Manager instead of trying to quit via the menu.

One final thing, if you do play the game then quit back to the menu you probably won't be able to start playing again unless you close the game and reopen it, if you try it will most likely freeze. To do so I find it's best to save then quit back to the menu screen (quitting back to the menu screen tells your GPU to flush memory) then use Task Manager to kill the process as I said above. If you kill the process from within the Test Match or whatever format you are playing without quitting back to the Menus first then you may struggle to get past the loading screens when you open the game until you reboot your PC.

I did give the stuff for the ODT file a whirl, but that did nothing, in fact it just made it worse, so I did a fresh install. Accessing the disc (the game doesn't create a shortcut on my laptop), and going to Cricket2009, and right-clicking and running as admin, gets the game through the videos, which play fine, then the game hangs at the main screen, automatically goes to the desktop, apparently still running, and then does nothing when there. I get a second or two of the menu :(

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Fresh install won't help you, the issue is with either Windows 10, Nvidia or both. Did you set it to run as Administrator every time in the compatibility settings? Better to do that than right click and run as admin.

What graphics chip/card do you have in your laptop? Is it just Intel integrated graphics or do you have dual graphics with a separate Nvidia Mobile graphics card?

Try to update your Windows OS & Graphics drivers. Try enabling/disabling game mode in Windows 10 Gaming Settings, reboot and try again.

Did you try the stuff I wrote about Alt-Tabbing back into the game?

Just so you know, if you do have dual graphics in your laptop then you need to set the game to run with the Intel Integrated graphics chip, I don't think any Nvidia graphics cards are working with Windows 10, certainly not relatively new graphics cards that is.

Users who are viewing this thread