Cricket 19 General Discussion

TacticsTimbo

School Cricketer
What's your favourite thing in the game?

What's your least favourite thing in the game?
Favourite: The player montage (with the guitar solo) after the toss in T20 games, prior to the first ball being bowled. That or BARMY ARMY in the menus. Never gets old.
Least: AI batsmen taking dodgy singles where they block it down the wicket and the bowler performs a long barrier instead of running them out.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain

Favourite: How, when Jimmy A bowls, usually in the afternoon, the Barmies chant, 'Jimmy, Jimmy . . . . .'

Least favourite: Spinners bowling leg side wides. Had 10 in one over the other day from Warne, which is bollox (can I say bollox on this thread?)

Also agree with others favourites/least favourites[DOUBLEPOST=1597319269][/DOUBLEPOST]

And yours?

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
And yesterday something happened that I have not noticed before which is both my favourite and least favourite thing.

Test match on very soft/grassy wicket. Spinner bowls short ball with maximum flight (I have flight on 100%) and it bowls me. Ball has bounced twice so umpire calls no ball. Next ball same thing happens. Bizarre but true.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Favourite: How, when Jimmy A bowls, usually in the afternoon, the Barmies chant, 'Jimmy, Jimmy . . . . .'

Least favourite: Spinners bowling leg side wides. Had 10 in one over the other day from Warne, which is bollox (can I say bollox on this thread?)

Also agree with others favourites/least favourites[DOUBLEPOST=1597319269][/DOUBLEPOST]

And yours?
Favourite and least favourite would be expansion on those stated by @GuyIncognito and @TacticsTimbo

I think the academy is superb and the addition of playface takes it to another level. Perhaps there are other games with similar levels of in-game editing but I can't think of any. Cyberpunk 2077 will allow you to choose the size of your genitals so the character creation might be better there. :lol There are some frustrating quirks to the academy, some things that are missing that previous games have had but overall it gives individuals so many options. What isn't there or could be improved could make it even better.

There are some things that I think have been ongoing issues (lack of information/feedback during a match) throughout the series of games but my least favourite thing about this game is the fielding. Which won't be a surprise to some. Whether it's user or AI fielding there's just so many problems. Because fielding is an ever present part of the game the issues are more frequently highlighted. I do think fielding looks worse than it may have done in past games because the AI batting and bowling has improved, so more attention is on the flaws in other parts of the game. Whenever I get a keeper sliding across the wicket to take a shin high catch off a spinner I just want to put my controller down and switch the game off. I'm hoping it'll be a big area of focus for improvement.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Favourite : sliders and playface
Least Favourite : OP leg side shots and difficult to hit medium bowlers.
I think some leg side shots are overpowered - the glance for six down fine leg off full or very full balls particularly feels a little unrealistic. Whereas a pull shot seems a lot weaker.

hackoder

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Favorite: Realism - when it works. Have had some excellent games where the pitch was difficult, and needed to stay out there and just survive.
Least favorite: The late/early timing. I absolutely can not believe that when you hit the ball late it scoops up in the air, and if you play it early it doesn't. I don't understand how this made it past QA. What sort of physics is this?

Sahil70

Club Captain
favourite: Bowling swing or spin that move a long way. Batting against spin with flight increased. really have to concentrate on timing as balls can come through the air at varying paces and you can end up being early or late

Least favourite - most things re. fielding, worst being where the bowler/keeper flings the ball behind them as they run away from stumps. ( lost count of how many run outs missed or even over throws conceded because of this dreadful part of the game). Also AI batting in tests leaves a lot to be desired most of the time, where they go from batting slowly and steady to suddenly slogging boundaries every over, or there is the other extreme where they just won't score( not sure if pitches type and condition has effect on this, especially soft pitches), especially against spinners, where can bowl lots of maidens in a row. Run rate will be like close to or below 1 and batter strike rate will be really low as well

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Favourite : Gamplay Slider
Least : AI not trying variety of shots and also sometimes fielders field the ball and forgot to pick and throw for a while.

Last edited:

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Favourite things: The Academy and creations allowed; the feel of batting, the feel of bowling.

Least Favourite things: I had a list but I think it all comes down to the fielding. Wicket-keepers taking six years to get the ball while appealing so they run 2 leg-byes or byes, the lack of carry to the slip cordon if you bowl full... I have had a full over of bowling full on a medium pitch with WK and slips up and had 3 or 4 edges just not carry. It's very frustrating. Fielding and physics are the things that need to be addressed.

Nigel Jones

School Cricketer

My favourite things are the broadcast style, the cut scenes between balls etc ,the whole ground atmosphere. My least favourite are the fact ypu can't play on manual fielding due to constant overthrows plus the fact player can run through the umpire, sight screens and advertising boards. Also some of the gameplay where the keeper catches someone behind but you don't get the chance to appeal

Users who are viewing this thread