Suggestions for next Bas Cricket game

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
1. Current cricket 19 doesn’t have collision detect. This needs to be fixed.

Yeah It's always nice to see the ball land on the roof or in the crowd, even the old cricket games had this like EA Cricket 2004.
Seeing the ball go through the stadium is just unrealistic.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah It's always nice to see the ball land on the roof or in the crowd, even the old cricket games had this like EA Cricket 2004.
Seeing the ball go through the stadium is just unrealistic.

Yes, even players passing through each others like Ghost is the worst thing to see in Cricket 19.

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Some Changes to the Tour designer I would like to see are:

1. Ability to create a full Touring Programme instead of creating individual tours of each touring side, i.e. going from multiple creation saves to 1. If I'm right this would be similar to how the tours were set up on the EA Cricket Games.

2. Option to lock selection to the sides you want to play as, i.e. Host side and warm up/domestic side or just to touring side.

3. Possibility to add tournaments into the programme, i.e. 50 Over World Cup or T20 World Cup

4. Option to share the tours on the Cricket academy.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

1. Ability to create a full Touring Programme instead of creating individual tours of each touring side, i.e. going from multiple creation saves to 1. If I'm right this would be similar to how the tours were set up on the EA Cricket Games.

2. Option to lock selection to the sides you want to play as, i.e. Host side and warm up/domestic side or just to touring side.

3. Possibility to add tournaments into the programme, i.e. 50 Over World Cup or T20 World Cup

On top of that. Id like to be able to add and remove players from the squads, change bats and equipment without having to restart the tour

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Yes, correct ability to add / remove players/ squads from the tour mode without restarting the tour is a good option, Hope BA take a note on these valuable feedback and improve Cricket 21.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I've always wanted some kind of international 'master league' where you could play through a cycle - four to eight years. Four might be more realistic and straight forward.
  • Take 20 teams (test nations plus the current 8 teams with ODI status).
  • Up to 35 player squads (as is the current setting) and then load in the best other/upcoming 15-20 players for each nationality; you could have the option to select these yourself while setting up (maybe that would allow an option for using retro players I know that'd be popular with some).
  • Players that don't play could have a changing 'form' rating so you could decide if you want to pick them. It'd probably complicate things further, but still would be a nice option, to have these as 'A' players playing actual matches against one another. You could have it that at the beginning of each year you give 35 players central contracts and you can only pick from these players. But come the end of the year you see the record of non-contracted players and you can make changes. Not sure if you'd have retirements and skill changes, maybe, you could have Jimmy Anderson still playing at into his 40s otherwise, although he may do that IRL. Younger players their skills might improve year on year.
You could have a test tournament running over the four years with the end of the cycle culminating in a final match. Maybe a 12 teams round robin or split into two groups of 6. 3 match series (I guess you could have 5 for the Ashes, but I'm thinking in terms of simplicity you would play each team the same number of times).

For non-test teams you could have a similar 3/4-day tournament. This might not run for the full four years, maybe the last 2 or 3. But the aim could be to win that and qualify for a play off against the lowest ranked team from the Test Championship and achieve test status. Of course you wouldn't be able to go on and play test cricket if it's a four-year cycle. Perhaps winning that could 'unlock' the option to replace the side you beat with the one you won with, so that you can play all over again.

Each year could have a limited overs tournament. Obviously you'd want a T20 World Cup and an ODI World Cup and, hopefully have some qualification requirements for them. Maybe these take place in Year 2 and Year 4. So in the years between, you could have the 'Big Ant Cup' and the 'Big Ant Trophy'. Big Ant Cup could be a 4 group of 5 teams T20 tournament and the Big Ant Trophy perhaps a 16-team bracket (FA Cup style) 50 over knockout or top 8 ranked teams like the Champions Trophy or just the same 4 groups of 5 set up, so all 20 teams are involved.

If there are no licenses to determine this sort of thing you could get creative and make it more interesting than a lot of cricket is IRL perhaps with multiple set up options for each format.

I'd love more teams but I think if you took the 20 ODI eligible teams it'd be a good start point; the permanent test members + those with temporary ODI status. You could have an option to switch out the temporary sides with other teams.

If you have perhaps two options for each format when setting up, it'd be pretty cool.

So you could have a 12 team test championship or 2 groups of 6.
You could have an ODI Super League similar to the one IRL, 2 groups of 10 or 2 groups of 7 with a sub group of 6.

Last edited:

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I've always wanted some kind of international 'master league' where you could play through a cycle - four to eight years. Four might be more realistic and straight forward.
  • Take 20 teams (test nations plus the current 8 teams with ODI status).
  • Up to 35 player squads (as is the current setting) and then load in the best other/upcoming 15-20 players for each nationality; you could have the option to select these yourself while setting up (maybe that would allow an option for using retro players I know that'd be popular with some).
  • Players that don't play could have a changing 'form' rating so you could decide if you want to pick them. It'd probably complicate things further, but still would be a nice option, to have these as 'A' players playing actual matches against one another. You could have it that at the beginning of each year you give 35 players central contracts and you can only pick from these players. But come the end of the year you see the record of non-contracted players and you can make changes. Not sure if you'd have retirements and skill changes, maybe, you could have Jimmy Anderson still playing at into his 40s otherwise, although he may do that IRL. Younger players their skills might improve year on year.
You could have a test tournament running over the four years with the end of the cycle culminating in a final match. Maybe a 12 teams round robin or split into two groups of 6. 3 match series (I guess you could have 5 for the Ashes, but I'm thinking in terms of simplicity you would play each team the same number of times).

For non-test teams you could have a similar 3/4-day tournament. This might not run for the full four years, maybe the last 2 or 3. But the aim could be to win that and qualify for a play off against the lowest ranked team from the Test Championship and achieve test status. Of course you wouldn't be able to go on and play test cricket if it's a four-year cycle. Perhaps winning that could 'unlock' the option to replace the side you beat with the one you won with, so that you can play all over again.

Each year could have a limited overs tournament. Obviously you'd want a T20 World Cup and an ODI World Cup and, hopefully have some qualification requirements for them. Maybe these take place in Year 2 and Year 4. So in the years between, you could have the 'Big Ant Cup' and the 'Big Ant Trophy'. Big Ant Cup could be a 4 group of 5 teams T20 tournament and the Big Ant Trophy perhaps a 16-team bracket (FA Cup style) 50 over knockout or top 8 ranked teams like the Champions Trophy or just the same 4 groups of 5 set up, so all 20 teams are involved.

If there are no licenses to determine this sort of thing you could get creative and make it more interesting than a lot of cricket is IRL perhaps with multiple set up options for each format.

I'd love more teams but I think if you took the 20 ODI eligible teams it'd be a good start point; the permanent test members + those with temporary ODI status. You could have an option to switch out the temporary sides with other teams.

If you have perhaps two options for each format when setting up, it'd be pretty cool.

So you could have a 12 team test championship or 2 groups of 6.
You could have an ODI Super League similar to the one IRL, 2 groups of 10 or 2 groups of 7 with a sub group of 6.

Have you read my mind?! This is brilliant and the kind of thing that I think if it was made customisable a lot of people would take up on. In my head when I play competitions and tours I think about rest and rotation but if the game really enhance that and create more clear, customisable, flexible and adaptable schedules as well as competitions. I particularly like your 4 year plan out of all them as well as your ideas on teams and selections. It is like you have read my mind and turned it into a brilliant concept and one that I would love to see in a game. It just makes all of the hard work of planning as well that you might put into to creating your own tournament so much easier if there are so many more options and cycles, maybe you could pick and choose during the cycle whether you simulate certain matches, ie. only play test matches and not limited overs games or vice versa. Tournaments are a big plus too as well as series like the ashes and more too!

These are some awesome and brilliant suggestions that would make the game 10 times better and significantly improve the story element to cricket and the real life changes and adaptabilities that cricket throws up! You could replace a retried player for someone who has been scoring runs in domestic cricket and the stats are there to back it up so they can join the squad on the 4 year cycle to make cricket matches more purposeful.

Scenario A for example is if James Anderson completes the 2021-22 ashes and either announces his retirement or his form is not deemed acceptable to the player, the option to bring someone maybe younger that is coming through and integrate them into the squad and get them in the cycle, like an Ollie Robinson or a Olly Stone...

All it is is the feeling of having a project when you are playing test matches or tournaments as a certain country, that makes you want to play forward through the years and win more tournaments and blood new players etc. As you can tell by this badly written response I am all on board with all of your points.

Just as a possibility, say you are playing as England and you win th Ashes in 2021-22, you could be approached to manage/play a different country like India or New Zealand. So you almost become a bit of player and you could adapt the selection status to the players and the managers (us the players playing the game) for different roles.

On the top of this, in the squad you select you could select and change a set playing time for a player so they will understand when they are expected to play and could go back to county fixtures if they are a white ball player predominately.
Example:

Rory Burns - Currently a Secure Test opener - form drops - Insecure test opener - form drops - Reserve test opener (so you could go back to county cricket and regain form) - form regains - perks increase etc

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Two good thing that need to be look into

1 - Suppose at the time of start of my Test Championship , I took my squad and start the game that is for 2 Years tournament , many newcomers will comes and some can be retire , so we should have option to download the new player and replace into our current squad of test championship . Even we have seen in 2019 worldcup with the same game many new players (Peter Handscomb , Mayank Agarwal) were called and added in squad.

2 - As we see the stats of players changes , same there should the Ranking system to be included for players and teams, also included some achievement to breaking record book , to break the 600 wickets of Anderson . Within the match pop up "You breaks fastest 5000 runs" , or "you are in 10000 runs club" . Overall More stats will increase the charm of game .

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
As per the Stats if the player stats are link with Cricinfo it will be great. Website like HowStat will be also good since if the stats of the players are link with their performance on field it will great. If I remember some cricket games in past had this feature.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
As per the Stats if the player stats are link with Cricinfo it will be great. Website like HowStat will be also good since if the stats of the players are link with their performance on field it will great. If I remember some cricket games in past had this feature.
That's pretty cool. Not sure if Big Ant could afford to get espncricinfo as a partner to use their stats though. But I do like the idea.

Pruthul Gajjar

School Cricketer
Types of Pitches already exist are
Dusty,Dry,Grassy,Grassy/Dusty and Grassy dry
I think two more variant should be added their and those are
"Wet Grassy" and "wet"
So we can take experience of ball not coming on bat properly

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Types of Pitches already exist are
Dusty,Dry,Grassy,Grassy/Dusty and Grassy dry
I think two more variant should be added their and those are
"Wet Grassy" and "wet"
So we can take experience of ball not coming on bat properly
I think that's what soft/very soft try to emulate. I would take your suggestion and probably add pitches becoming wet after rain, or moisture from the rain with covers on having an effect (dependent on duration of rain of course)

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

A thought that just came to me is the ability to add inter-squad friendlies

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
A thought that just came to me is the ability to add inter-squad friendlies
Could be an interesting thing in career mode if you're a fringe member of the international squad. Perform well to help boost chances of selection/re-selection.

Users who are viewing this thread