A little help please

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All

new to cricket 19 having played the previous 2 Big Ant cricket games so thought I had a good steer on where I was going...

I tend to play career mode only, always progressed through the ranks previously up to International level, I’m not great,too slow on the controls when batting unfortunately so tend to operate around Easy - Medium level, batsman and leg spinning all rounder

I’ve played around with the sliders a little in Cricket 19 to try and find a difficult level which works, wickets can be a struggle but I get them, batting is a grind but I’ve scored my first ton for my county so to a degree it’s working but Im really struggling in certain aspects of batting

Aerial shots and aggressive shots, even when I play the batting training games If I hit one six out of thirty I’ve done well, holding L2 sometimes the shot barely gets off the ground and dribbles to square leg, whenever I try to go aerial 9.5/10 I’m caught at cover or mid wicket. My question is this due to my poor Player stats in season 2? One of my perk targets is to hit 20 sixes....will take me about 10 seasons at this rate. Again I’d say I struggle with timing in general, often late or OK but regardless any L2shot I can safely say I’ll be out, not great in a T20 game for example

can somebody give me a steer? Is it because I’m in season 2 but even then you would imagine I’d be able to play the odd lofted shot for six? Don’t even get me started on down the wicket shots, can’t even hit the ball, let along go aerial or reach the boundary. I dint remember it being this tough on DBC 14/17 is it me playing with the sliders or can I just not play those shots at 18 years of age?

finally I’ve no special delivery as a leg spinner, again do I need to wait for this to appear?

thanks in advance for the help,getting really frustrated trying to figure this out

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Can anybody give me any advice on this? Played again last night, same frustrations, beginning to hamper any enjoyment from the game currently

Thanks

D

Dutch

I would look at adjusting the batting sliders more: so keep a basic difficulty setting you are comfortable with and see if opening some of the batting timing windows helps. Adjusting AI bowling might help too. I have the same problems so you are not alone!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would look at adjusting the batting sliders more: so keep a basic difficulty setting you are comfortable with and see if opening some of the batting timing windows helps. Adjusting AI bowling might help too. I have the same problems so you are not alone!
My only advice with fidgeting with bowling sliders is don't put things above 65 as oddities happen such as the moment a bowler goes around the wicket they bowl nothing but wides, blocking a spinner with all ideals can still lead to the ball missing the bat and getting out lbw, very fast effort balls etc.

PJR

School Cricketer
For 6 hitting I tend to only try this if the ball length is green and going wide of off stump. I tend to have more success off of spinners. Also and I'm not sure of this is the norm, I only have success with attacking ground shots (both trigger buttons) if the ball length is orange or Yorker length. If green it tends to just barely make it to the inner ring fielders.

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Hi, firstly thanks for the replies

I’ve been experimenting these past few days with the sliders but I’m still at a loss, easy is just too easy, you middle most things and six hitting can be done with OK timing
I tweak it a little towards medium and it’s slightly more challenging but again can still score quickly
You then up to medium and the timing becomes a nightmare, I’m normally early, especially against spin or when you try to wait for the ball more you then get late timing, always,so frustrating
If you then try to go aerial given either early or late timing you’re caught out, always!
Such a shame this curve they can’t get right

one question as a leg spinner now playing county cricket and T20 franchise cricket in my game when do I get the special delivery as an option, I have skills apportioned to it but it’s not an option when I’m actually bowling? Do I need to be at a certain level before it appears?

Thanks again

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I’ve been experimenting these past few days with the sliders but I’m still at a loss, easy is just too easy, you middle most things and six hitting can be done with OK timing
I tweak it a little towards medium and it’s slightly more challenging but again can still score quickly
You then up to medium and the timing becomes a nightmare, I’m normally early, especially against spin or when you try to wait for the ball more you then get late timing, always,so frustrating
If you then try to go aerial given either early or late timing you’re caught out, always!

one question as a leg spinner now playing county cricket and T20 franchise cricket in my game when do I get the special delivery as an option, I have skills apportioned to it but it’s not an option when I’m actually bowling? Do I need to be at a certain level before it appears?

Thanks again
Special delivery will be called Googly in delivery options in a match.

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Special delivery will be called Googly in delivery options in a match.

Really? So the second black circle then when choosing your delivery is permanently blank with no options? I thought a leg spinner had 5 deliveries in previous games, I must be wrong?

cheers

BarestOfMargins

Club Captain
Why

Thanks again

You could note the exact numeric settings on easy and on medium, and then push each option up or down a notch dependent on its requirement, until you find your ideal level?

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Why

You could note the exact numeric settings on easy and on medium, and then push each option up or down a notch dependent on its requirement, until you find your ideal level?

that’s exactly what I’ve been doing. I’ve screenshots galore of the sliders on my phone trying to find the right balance

found it pretty impossible so far though, either too easy or too difficult, I’m currently somewhere between easy and pro is it?
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread