Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah man .. WFH has gone for a toss since last couple of days. I dont think I have been this excited for IPL in quite a while - all thanks to being so Indian cricket starved for 6+ months. Been watching highlights and devouring all IPL related articles on cricinfo, cricbuzz, etc. Even ended up making a fantasy team which I havent done in I dont know how long. And since that wasnt enough either, started watching the Mumbai Indians documentary on Netflix. (Do we have similar docu's for other teams as well - KKR, CSK? )

Yeah this is how it feels when you're starved of entertainment and when the world is upside down!! I cant even imagine how life's going to be when the majority of the world's population is injected with a vaccine. People are going to go wild, movie theatres / beaches / etc. will see record turnouts, etc. The world needs to return to normal, man. Those who wanted WFH, have started hating it (me included - I'd now give anything to be in an office space, WFH is good only if its minimal).

I see people posting nonsense on web forums saying "is money so important that IPL needs to be played now". Well, just for the fact that it gives a massive distraction right now is proof enough that it needs to happen irrespective of the pandemic.

B

Bigby Wolf

Weekend Off , IPL ON - This is the first time in years am I excited about the IPL perhaps due to the whole COVID scenario. The lockdowns , WFH has definitely taken a toll on th mind - I miss going out, hanging out on weekends & stuff and the IPL has bought a buzz of excitement around it.

I am Mumbai Indians supporter from the very beginning but this is the year I am just gonna sit back & relax enjoy watching the whole tournament in the evening time.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I see people posting nonsense on web forums saying "is money so important that IPL needs to be played now". Well, just for the fact that it gives a massive distraction right now is proof enough that it needs to happen irrespective of the pandemic.

So very true. And hats off to the players who have decided to take up this challenge, whether it's ipl or the series played in England. Whether they are doing it for the love of the game or for monetary purpose or for the 'greater good', i am still extremely grateful to them for going out there and giving us viewers something to watch

And I think they are also aware of the impact they will have on the cricket fans and viewers. Kohli summarized it perfectly with his latest quote (and ofcourse he got trolled even for this, for not winning an ipl by a bunch of losers on social media)

upload_2020-9-19_12-25-40.png

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
mOGcGTc.png

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I hope hotstar servers have scaled up to handle the IPL traffic .. its probably going to be unprecedented. Last thing i want is the stream buffering as MSD steps out on the ground

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So Australian and English players are also available, it will be very helpful for RR, who were looking out of sorts without them

This is a very big deal for them indeed. With them they have dreams of a top four spot easily.

Akshay.

National Board President
India
Mumbai Indians
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
This is a very big deal for them indeed. With them they have dreams of a top four spot easily.
Yes, otherwise their top player was Miller, who has been out of form in past few seasons
Also, eager to see the Bairstow-Warner partnership for SRH

For MI, Sharma has said he is going to open with de Kock

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Also, eager to see the Bairstow-Warner partnership for SRH
Would be great to see whether they can reach the heights of the previous season or not.

Bairstow played wonderfully last season for SRH, but I still miss the David-Dhawan opening partnership. They complemented each other wonderfully. Still don't understand why SRH let him out after 2018.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Would be great to see whether they can reach the heights of the previous season or not.

Bairstow played wonderfully last season for SRH, but I still miss the David-Dhawan opening partnership. They complemented each other wonderfully. Still don't understand why SRH let him out after 2018.
I think Dhawan wanted out or wanted a bigger package.

Users who are viewing this thread