Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought I replied to this weeks ago - I guess not.

I think the closest we could get to this would be to completely overwrite the player with "player A" and then try to re-overwrite the parts that we want to keep from the original player.

This could run into a lot of problems (like crashing the game and/or corrupting your savegame) and I don't see it as an improvement over what is already implemented.

Hmm but surely it's a case of just copying and pasting. If I had visible attributes enabled I could load a player, see his current batting ability, copy it and then load another player and paste in that ability value before applying.

Obviously because I can't see these values as they're hidden I can't do this but if the editor itself could temporarily store the value then it could handle the copy and paste part without revealing the hidden values.

Copy ability would just need to copy the current ability that has been loaded and populate it into a temporary empty box in the editor. I load the second player then I can paste the value from that field into the current ability field and apply. The trick is doing this without me seeing the values.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hmm but surely it's a case of just copying and pasting. If I had visible attributes enabled I could load a player, see his current batting ability, copy it and then load another player and paste in that ability value before applying.

Obviously because I can't see these values as they're hidden I can't do this but if the editor itself could temporarily store the value then it could handle the copy and paste part without revealing the hidden values.

Copy ability would just need to copy the current ability that has been loaded and populate it into a temporary empty box in the editor. I load the second player then I can paste the value from that field into the current ability field and apply. The trick is doing this without me seeing the values.

As I have said several times before, most of the hidden attributes are unknown. Copying the 4 known hidden attributes from one player to another will not make them similar, without also copying the many thousands of other values that we don't know about.

The problem with copying the whole player record is that there is a bunch of other stuff in there (e.g. related to which club they are contracted to), which could break the game if you just copy-paste carelessly.

I could add this feature just for the 4 known hidden attributes, but then it won't work how people expect and I'll have to re-explain this again and again. If you find it difficult to set the right values with the existing editor, then it will be just as difficult with the method you suggest. Different players with identical "abilities" will still perform completely differently, depending on the many hidden attributes we don't know about.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Yes, you're absolutely right @weetabixharry there are a number of attributes within each player's data that are unique. I've noticed how the AI selects players in spite of lowering the 4 attributes that we presently know of. The linking of player data to specific Clubs and type of cricket (Test, limited overs) is also quite complicated. Best left untinkered I would opine.

Clamel

School Cricketer
This came as a pleasant surprise when returning to CC. My biggest "problem" have been in the different patches they popped out when a player decided NOT to play a certain format. Then after the patch is out and maybe some years later in a save the player rethink the issue and makes himself avalaible to play again.

Example (not the best) A.deVilliers not playing but T20 in IPL, then actually thinking to make him availabe to SA squad in the last One-Day World Cup .

I can't name any more right of the bat, but hopefully this issue could be edited in this very promising editor. It surely can't be more than a tick or untick thing for a certain value on each and evry player. Avalaible, or Not for any type of format or International format.

I read in the thread and found the Kolpack issue mentioned. Understand that it's editable. A very similar issue I say, when players from SA play in England and not then for SA International, but with a save going on for years they might return to SA and willing to play internationals.

Long fiddling around to get an answer on : Can it be in the editor, and if not yet, could it be added ????

Another issue might be to unretire players that too quickly retire. Some CC20 games have players retire after the first year, while they play many more years in real life. Kind of heartbraking.

(Haven't bought CC2020 yet and hoping this editor might turn me around)
:thumbs

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@Clamel The screenshots in the first post are quite outdated now, but at the bottom of this one, you can see all the options for retiring and un-retiring players:

upload_2020-10-30_23-11-25.png

Kolpak status can be changed using the "Nationality" setting:

upload_2020-10-30_23-14-17.png

If you're on the fence about buying the game, you can download the free demo and try it out. This editor should still support the latest demo (but you may need to select "CC 2020 Demo" from the Options->Game Version menu.

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-30_23-12-38.png
    upload_2020-10-30_23-12-38.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 11

Phoenix95

School Cricketer
Some comments about the first release:
  • I need your help. There seem to be 6 types of player contract that I can't identify. Probably these are for things like IPL, Big Bash, PSL, The 100, etc. If you play these leagues, please check these "Unknown" salaries in the player's "Personal" screen and see if you can identify what each "Unknown" contract type is. Fixed in release 2020.07-02 - thanks @ahmedleo414.
View attachment 234177
  • Bug: In the "My Club" editor, the club name is only displaying correctly for English clubs. For non-English clubs, the budget editing should still work correctly (but the club name will be blank/wrong). All club names should show correctly in the "Other" club editor. @Aislabie might be interested in the "Other" Club Editor (for editing other teams' budgets). I think this has been fixed in release 2020.08-01.
View attachment 234175

• At the request of the game developers, hidden attributes (ability and potential) are not shown. I know some people (like me) want to use this feature responsibly. Therefore, I will consider privately releasing unlocked Editors to people with provably legitimate motives. (This will generally be people with long-standing PlanetCricket accounts, and/or those who have helped out with previous editors).
View attachment 234176
  • The "Global Editor" options from the 2018 Editor have not been implemented yet.

The file seems to have been deleted as it says "The requested attachment could not be found".
Is there any link where I can download the file from?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The file seems to have been deleted as it says "The requested attachment could not be found".
Is there any link where I can download the file from?

The editor has been removed because there is evidence suggesting someone has found a way to use it to cheat online (despite extensive efforts on my side to prevent this). Although 99.9% of people seem to be able to use the editor responsibly, it only takes one person to ruin it for absolutely everyone else. Cricket Captain 2020 will be patched soon, after which the latest version of the editor will stop working.

I don't currently plan to make a new editor publicly available after the game is patched. As I have said since the start, preventing online cheating is the top priority and, evidently, I have failed to achieve that.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Phoenix95 said:
Hey thanks for letting me know about removing the editor.
Is there any way I can still get it? I play on the easy mode and wanted to edit player abilities for a couple of players (one of them averaged 65 for about 4 years and now keeps getting injured randomly, dropping to a 30 avg)

Not currently. I will post an update here if anything changes.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The editor has been removed because there is evidence suggesting someone has found a way to use it to cheat online (despite extensive efforts on my side to prevent this). Although 99.9% of people seem to be able to use the editor responsibly, it only takes one person to ruin it for absolutely everyone else. Cricket Captain 2020 will be patched soon, after which the latest version of the editor will stop working.

I don't currently plan to make a new editor publicly available after the game is patched. As I have said since the start, preventing online cheating is the top priority and, evidently, I have failed to achieve that.

That might very well be the end of playing this game for me if the editor is no longer compatible. A shame about the cheaters, are you sure it was your editor though as the official forums have a guy telling them that there are plenty of editors around? Feel like a better solution rather than a patch would be to just allow users to ban the cheaters from playing versus them or just report and ban such players from playing online. I doubt it would be difficult to make the numerous editors out there brought in line with the current patch unless they re-work the game's database.

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Ah that's such a shame, I've found the editor has improved my enjoyability of single player games no end.

I mostly use it to to change the details of regens so they resemble real life academy players and will really miss being able to do this.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol Do they even play this shit online? Let the guys have some fun. That was so stupid.

Go over to the official forums, you would be surprised. There is a whole lot of gatekeepers out there who want the game to stay the same way and remain as opaque as possible. Football Manager has a similar problem with its fans and lack of progression but the ones present over there are at least moderately demanding so that the new game isn't a complete rehash of the old one.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Yea but what about non existent online user base? No one plays online why do they even care? I coudn't find a game in IC2k18 after 2 weeks of purchase. Pretty sure similar case is with ICC 2k20 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread