Cricket 19 General Discussion

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Before this patch I used to not cross the off side stump to get realism in batting , so anyone think settng your batsman on off side stump and hitting to legside power shot is just not cricket.

There is solution instead of barring one can provide time limtation before the bower bowls cannot move to offside , and yes thats true cricket 19 not have ABD 360 type shots don't expect more.
for this need to wait next version of game, as of now this could be better option , mostly trying to make runs in offside too .

Some specials shots to leg side , see specialy ABD leg side shot (backword sweep)

Last edited:

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Yeah same as you Dutch, seemed to still be there even if they are not very important. Going off topic slightly what is the general consensus with the game updates because in my opinion it’s got better. I only started playing it again on Saturday and thought I’d play some Sheffield shield down in oz. Tasmania vs WA. Really enjoyed playing it and think I rekindled my love for the game. Made 249 first innings massive Jordan Silk hundred and enterprising 43* for Peter Siddle, up the red inker. Came out to bowl and bowled 5 overs went for a bit because I was bowling poorly. There is a conclusion to this story haha

So, I played on today with the updates and WA are now 4-140 from 30 after being 1-100. Riley Meredith with a big 3 for. But the updates seem to have been quite good, as with leg side play the AI batsman either mishit some pulls shots, or played the loveliest leg glance passed short mid wicket before I dropped a dolly there. There was even a mis executed pull from Shaun Marsh where the ball landed near and around where an eager short leg fielder would be!! There were a couple more edges and they felt genuine and they were when they hit the hands and dropped to the turf oops.

The most pleasing thing though was taking a caught and bowled that unlike the AI bowlers leaping like Chris Jordan, Meredith made up some ground and took a fantastic low diving catch, the game looks and feels a lot smoother. The catch felt like a smooooooth operation! And it outfoxed the well set batsman Bancroft (65 from 89) with a slower outswinger, which had been building up as Meredith had bowled 9 for balls in a row at him. Real cricket, pressure takes wickets something that I thought was there before the update however it was there even more now. Sorry this is really long but I just felt like it was important to share my playing experience even after a limited amount of playing because I had real buzz from playing.

The contest felt on, in my opinion so far so good,I am very interested in what others think as I’ve been rambling on for ages and hope that others are experiencing similar joy

Agree. Feels good.[DOUBLEPOST=1602620635][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can anybody please tell me that whats the role of OK shot or GOOD shot sliders on your shots. Would increasing the slider will make us edge more or decreasing it will make us edge more. I want to make the game as difficult as possible. Other things are set just tell me about this.
Try batting on Hardest level.

Cricketlover453534

School Cricketer
Big Ant please revert back to the freedom on moving along the crease. I covered it by increasing edges to 100, 99 and 98 in POOR, OK AND GOOD categories respectively and it felt like Real Life Cricket. But this change is bounding one. Please revert back to the older one in the next patch. Keep it for online, as I dont play it, so cant comment on that part. But in career mode, revert back to the previous one of movement along the crease.

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain
I am having problem playing certain kind of delivery...AI spinner bowling full toss waist length ball it's going directly in the hands of wicket keeper above the stumps even umpire is not giving no ball. Pls help in shot selection...I kept the slider for flight and drift to 80.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have to accept that AI can only be expected to be able to do so much. Bottom line is is that in needs some boundaries to be able to operate in otherwise it is simply overwhelmed and outthought by anything a human player can do.
This to me is all you need to know why the change has taken place , it’s almost like people don’t want the AI to be competitive and just want to game the system to score lots of easy runs

I hope it stays for better balance :thumbs

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
This to me is all you need to know why the change has taken place , it’s almost like people don’t want the AI to be competitive and just want to game the system to score lots of easy runs

I hope it stays for better balance :thumbs

Game has game breaking exploit

People: fix the exploit

Exploit is fixed

People: No not like that

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Did anyone experience new things with patch ?? as i have observed AI bats well , shots selections (AI) improved .. Pace bowling speed has been reduced .. as i have noticed these so far ...

Yeah it wiped out any custom difficulties you might have set. They are still named but the settings are back to default... I'm trying to find a screen shot that I thought I took of the settings. It's on my old computer I bet. But I thought I posted it too. Maybe not.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah it wiped out any custom difficulties you might have set.
Apologies on this issue.

Just to mention as it hopefully goes some way to making up for the inconvenience here, we were able to resolve an issue where by if you made a change to the sliders mid match that it wouldn't take effect unless you toggled the relevant difficulty setting to refresh it. So slider changes will now always instantly take effect when made in match.

B

Bigby Wolf

I am actually liking the game more now.

More of an offline player vs the AI guy and love to longer formats with proper cricketing shot.

Stopped playing online since DBC 14 & that extra shuffling alongside the overpowered leg side shots annoyed me to the core.

P.S - Has the game become more fluid after the patch? The overall speed of the game seems to have increased a bit.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are people in arms over the invisible wall thing? I understand that it is a slight annoyance but if it allows a better match experience then it is totally worth it. I've been critical of BA in the past but this is not a bug, it is a featured working as intended! What I would like to see in addition in future games if this restriction persists is a couple of extra special shots like the move across leg-side to flick it onside that is becoming increasingly common and the inside out shot to third man. The shots that are played ingame can also be divided further into separate attribute sections so that we could have someone who is very strong with the leg-side drive but does not have a good cover drive.
Yeah it's not a bug but would have been better if invisible wall thing limited to online only. Offline it's personal interest and freedom whether to move across the crease on any direction to play shot. Shouldn't have any barrier for the batter

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Apologies on this issue.

Just to mention as it hopefully goes some way to making up for the inconvenience here, we were able to resolve an issue where by if you made a change to the sliders mid match that it wouldn't take effect unless you toggled the relevant difficulty setting to refresh it. So slider changes will now always instantly take effect when made in match.

Thanks for the updates.

It ended up being a small inconvenience as I did have the screen shots on my other computer. Will be interesting to try it out my settings, the settings I had used were decent but too easy.

Afriditown07

Club Cricketer
Im in year 4 of my career, everything was fine until suddenly im playing a game and I can no longer move across the stumps to the right when batting. I can move left, but when I try to move right, I just stop moving when Im infront of the stumps, and the player. Has anyone seen this before? Ive restarted the game, it is happening in every match and even net practice. When bowlers bowl on the off, I can no longer hit it legside. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread