MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is a good patch, great support by @BigAntStudios and @MattW but a little suggestion. As someone said, restricting the movement to off side as well as reducing the shot power on the on side is too much restriction for scoring on the on side.
This may be good balanced gameplay for Test cricket, but in T20 and OD games where scoring is primary this may not be ideal. I have absolutely no issues in restricted movement but may be the shot power on inside shall be brought back to normal.
Or (if it is doable)let there be no restriction of movement and the shot power on onside shall be reduced only when the batsman shuffle across and play across the line. In other words, the timing window (shot power) shall be reduced for a batsman moving across the stumps, timing window reduced big for big movement and small for smaller movement across the stumps.

In real life, a moving batsman will find it difficult to time the ball unless he is exceptionally good.
To be honest if anything (I've since re-installed it to try the game out) I think split the difference with shot power between the old way and now, but I would like to see a bump in AI shot power on the leg side. Feels like I'm the only player on either team that can play a crunching pull shot. Every other player just plays powderpuff pull/hook shots (been like that since launch). If it were up to me, I would just bin that aggressive leg glance shot all together lol.

Restriction of movement is fine as far as I'm concerned, only problem is that if you want to take the risk, there should be a few shots that allow a big step to the offside and try and hit to the leg side - but that is impractical at this stage in cricket 19's life cycle for obvious reasons.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
This is one of the great patch more realism to cricket , I have make shots on all around the field not only leg side on hard mode , One should assume that this is cricket not a baseball game .
Thanks @BigAntStudios

One can increase "Power boost timing window(23)" and "aggressive shot power boost(28)"
even grounded shots are good to boundries , patience is key

upload_2020-10-15_11-32-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-15_11-30-35.png
    upload_2020-10-15_11-30-35.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
I appreciate the latest patch issued by the Big Ant Studio. The reduced legside shots power has made the game more realistic. Initially it was easy for the batsman to hit 3-4 sixes in a spinner's over on the legside, even if the batsman was new to the crease. It was unrealistic. That changed the run rate and game too. The teams with more spinners suffered a lot. One suggestion to Big ant Studio, the reduced power to the leg side shots must increase as the batsman scores runs and spent some time on the crease.

RAVI99

Club Captain
First of all, I would like to thank Big Ant for continued support even after an year of release. This patch is wonderful in all context, except just one which might overshadow other good things because it can the real game-breaking flaw - "legside strokes shot power"

I'm more of an online mode player, and the step taken to reduce power on legside feels like some sort of revenge has been taken against community because earlier it used to be very easy to hit towards fineleg to square leg with shuffle(but legside shots were well balanced without shuffle before), more than the focus on proper gameplay because it's no more a 360° playable game with fineleg taken out of equation big time as well as clearing infield towards backward square is not worth the risk in longer formats where your wkts matter. Most of the players now form a ring of 4-5 fielders from midwkt to fineleg, then picking singles or hitting 4s both are risky. It's like a deadzone now, and everyone is utilising it which makes overall gameplay boring in online.

Please look into it carefully, having played close to 2000 hours and not getting bored, I personally don't feel like touching game anymore.

I was really stupid to buy the digital version hope i bought the cd version would have sold it then...

This is one of the great patch more realism to cricket , I have make shots on all around the field not only leg side on hard mode , One should assume that this is cricket not a baseball game .
Thanks @BigAntStudios

One can increase "Power boost timing window(23)" and "aggressive shot power boost(28)"
even grounded shots are good to boundries , patience is key

View attachment 239073
Cant see a single boundry in leg side Tuk tuk is fine ..
What for the online players where no sliders for power boost

I appreciate the latest patch issued by the Big Ant Studio. The reduced legside shots power has made the game more realistic. Initially it was easy for the batsman to hit 3-4 sixes in a spinner's over on the legside, even if the batsman was new to the crease. It was unrealistic. That changed the run rate and game too. The teams with more spinners suffered a lot. One suggestion to Big ant Studio, the reduced power to the leg side shots must increase as the batsman scores runs and spent some time on the crease.
Also will like to add spin bowling is a art if you can bowl spin well its not easy to hit sixes .
So i disagree

Last edited:

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Dean johnes handwriting match found lol

I was really stupid to buy the digital version hope i bought the cd version would have sold it then...

Cant see a single boundry in leg side Tuk tuk is fine ..
What for the online players where no sliders for power boost

Also will like to add spin bowling is a art if you can bowl spin well its not easy to hit sixes .
So i disagree

Neil Douglas

School Cricketer
Can anyone help with batting against spin? I'm playing test matches and trying to play on hard. Just seems to be very few areas to score runs, pick up the odd single off the pads when the ball is on the legside/at the stumps but thats pretty much it. If the ball is just pitching outside off it seems a minefield and I get a lot of edges through to the keeper, did have some success reverse sweeping but then in the end edged it in the air. For now just picking up odd singles and trying to just get through the spinner - anyone else had this or got ideas where to get runs!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It’s frustrating that such a fundamental change has been made to the game. I spent what? £40 on this game more than a year ago and enjoy playing it. If you bought FIFA and a year later they made it so that your players could only move to the left not the right that’d be annoying. I’m not particularly impressed by this attitude of “If you don’t like it then don’t play it”. If you’ve paid for the game and it’s now been significantly changed, it’s understandable that some people are pissed off. The change prevents batsmen from doing something that can be done in real life. So a game that I constantly praise as “So real” is now less so. It’s annoying because I’ve invested in my custom team and have enjoyed improving (And playing, not always succeeding) but now I’m going to be stripped of a lot of runs and get out more often. That said, I was well aware of my leg side dominance and keen to score more on the off side (I’m going to have to now!). If I was new to the game then I wouldn’t have a problem with it and am up for the challenge. It’s just frustrating having invested so much in my team that I’m practically starting over and their averages are about to be destroyed. I’d like to actually score on the off side but nicking behind all the time is bloody annoying. I know I know, I’ve got to learn and get better. I can probably do okay in Tests but slower (I don’t mind). As for T20s (Based on my practice so far)... I’m stuffed!

I am a bit stuck and will probably create a whole new team to start again because it’s basically a different game (All my players stats/development are compromised). It’s not just the ability to score behind square on the leg side but now when I do the timing/execution is all different too. Of course creating a new team/starting over is itself a nuisance. I was really enjoying my current one. I’ve got absolutely no doubt that Big Ant will change it again and at least meet in the middle which will then frustrate me whether Ive ploughed on or started over.

Ultimately, a couple of days ago I was playing a game day after day and enjoying it. Now I’m not playing and not sure what to do. I literally have a console for Big Ant’s cricket games. I’ve bought every single game and ploughed on when you waited five minutes for your bowler to pick up the ball every delivery and I’ll come up with something. Like I say, I honestly like the challenge. I’ve always said I don’t want arcade cricket. It’s just frustrating that I’ve produced a load of career best performances in the past few days and am now restricted/compromised and starting over.

just a thought - could you amend difficulty and/or sliders (timing, edges) so that you can play "properly" i.e. positioned on the crease "normally" and playing to the offside more?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Perhaps in next game BAS can add animation of few shots where batsmen move wide off offstump and play the shot on leg side , can be assigned unorthodox shot button but restriction the movement is definitely a good idea.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Perhaps in next game BAS can add animation of few shots where batsmen move wide off offstump and play the shot on leg side , can be assigned unorthodox shot button but restriction the movement is definitely a good idea.

Restriction of the movement is definitely a good idea. The only issue that needs to be addressed is the shot power because leg side dominant fine leg shots were already controlled in the new patch by movement restriction.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Pretty much my suggestion. Allows for the possibility but also has the element of heavy risk (you don't see every player doing it except for players in good form or freaks like AbD) which is something that everyone complaining has conveniently forgotten. You could always just play around with the sliders in offline gameplay if you find it tougher to score these days in T20s, I've made it easier for me to play at the moment. The ability to set different slider settings for each format is extremely simple, not sure which this is being a complaint when there is the freedom to do so. Are there no such sliders/difficulty settings for online gameplay too?

Drives have always been on the slightly overpowered side and so were those leg-side shots, nerfing one thing was fine but not nerfing the other doesn't mean that the former was a bad decision. As for those struggling to hit it on the leg-side, I can still move to the maximum limit possible at the moment and hit it to the leg-side except for the really wider balls which should be impossible to in most situations.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Good idea, but am jus curious to know what should be the controls in joystick. May be moving L towards 3rd man and R towards Fine leg/square leg ?

Cricketlover453534

School Cricketer
Please raise a ticket for support.bigant.com , they will definitely consider and make it in the gameplay modifier option
Brother, I have raised it on behalf of thousands of STEAM CAREER MODE GAMERS of this beautiful game of CRICKET 19.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201015-220437_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201015-220437_Chrome.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 28

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Perhaps they can add an option to toggle on and off for offline play. Since huge number of people are upset, games are mean to be fun and if people enjoy it while whacking it on legside , let them have fun , this game is not a pre requisite to enter in to some prestigious cricket academy any way.

Users who are viewing this thread