Cricket 19 General Discussion

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pretty much my suggestion. Allows for the possibility but also has the element of heavy risk (you don't see every player doing it except for players in good form or freaks like AbD) which is something that everyone complaining has conveniently forgotten. You could always just play around with the sliders in offline gameplay if you find it tougher to score these days in T20s, I've made it easier for me to play at the moment. The ability to set different slider settings for each format is extremely simple, not sure which this is being a complaint when there is the freedom to do so. Are there no such sliders/difficulty settings for online gameplay too?

Drives have always been on the slightly overpowered side and so were those leg-side shots, nerfing one thing was fine but not nerfing the other doesn't mean that the former was a bad decision. As for those struggling to hit it on the leg-side, I can still move to the maximum limit possible at the moment and hit it to the leg-side except for the really wider balls which should be impossible to in most situations.
I think they removed the sliders for online , because of that fearsometweak exploit which made rounds a while ago.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Seeing at the replies here I find a lot of the gamers were moving across the stumps and whacking boundaries on the leg side for fun in Cricket19.
May be I missed the fun by not doing so!!
Movement wall is good addition.
Issue is balls on leg stump line cant be hit towards fine leg its not crossing 30 yard circle ariel.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Only thing I complain about Cricket 19 gameplay is, fielder run from mid off, mid on to long off, long on and take catch too easily... I experiment everything in slider to fix the height and travel speed of the ball to avoid that, but still not successful... Pls any one have the solution for that, pls share it...

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Perhaps they can add an option to toggle on and off for offline play. Since huge number of people are upset, games are mean to be fun and if people enjoy it while whacking it on legside , let them have fun , this game is not a pre requisite to enter in to some prestigious cricket academy any way.
huge numbers? you mean the 5 people on these forums?

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Yeah same as you Dutch, seemed to still be there even if they are not very important. Going off topic slightly what is the general consensus with the game updates because in my opinion it’s got better. I only started playing it again on Saturday and thought I’d play some Sheffield shield down in oz. Tasmania vs WA. Really enjoyed playing it and think I rekindled my love for the game. Made 249 first innings massive Jordan Silk hundred and enterprising 43* for Peter Siddle, up the red inker. Came out to bowl and bowled 5 overs went for a bit because I was bowling poorly. There is a conclusion to this story haha

So, I played on today with the updates and WA are now 4-140 from 30 after being 1-100. Riley Meredith with a big 3 for. But the updates seem to have been quite good, as with leg side play the AI batsman either mishit some pulls shots, or played the loveliest leg glance passed short mid wicket before I dropped a dolly there. There was even a mis executed pull from Shaun Marsh where the ball landed near and around where an eager short leg fielder would be!! There were a couple more edges and they felt genuine and they were when they hit the hands and dropped to the turf oops.

The most pleasing thing though was taking a caught and bowled that unlike the AI bowlers leaping like Chris Jordan, Meredith made up some ground and took a fantastic low diving catch, the game looks and feels a lot smoother. The catch felt like a smooooooth operation! And it outfoxed the well set batsman Bancroft (65 from 89) with a slower outswinger, which had been building up as Meredith had bowled 9 for balls in a row at him. Real cricket, pressure takes wickets something that I thought was there before the update however it was there even more now. Sorry this is really long but I just felt like it was important to share my playing experience even after a limited amount of playing because I had real buzz from playing.

The contest felt on, in my opinion so far so good,I am very interested in what others think as I’ve been rambling on for ages and hope that others are experiencing similar joy

Well, I have just had the best game I have ever had. It was an ODI and the AI batting was sensible yet unpredictable and it was cut and thrust to the end. Small sample size admittedly, but I have played a few games since the update and really like what I see/feel/experience. Yes, there are still annoying little blips like overthrows, stumping techniques, run out techniques and others, but generally I am really enjoying it.

I have played a lot of Cricket 19 games (over 100 DIs and nearly 100 test matches) and look for a 'cricket experience'; that is a game that is not necessarily perfect, but that requires cricket-like skill and cricket-like decisions, which this game delivers. I have played cricket games since I was a child and computer games since Commodore 64 (hooray Graham Gooch Cricket) and I do not believe that Big Ant, or anyone else, will ever produce a game that suits everyone, but this is pretty damn near a perfect cricket game for me.

I have developed and designed a cricket world which I can happily inhabit and have games that get very close to the experience of really being on that green green grass and making a fool of myself (mediocre to average club cricketer who loves the game with a passion for over 60 years).

So I say well done Big Ant. I bloody love this game.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
So just to tackle someone playing legside you completely kill the leg side game of a batsman?
Now the opponent will place 8 fielders on offside and keep bowling you outside off. After few months losers like you will complain on that too. Good luck playing 8 fielders on offside . All bugants did was tilt the gameplay from 360deg to Only offside batting .

Sorry, but that is not true. Legside play is still possible and works when the ball is pitched on the wicket or legstump or outside (as in real life).

RAVI99

Club Captain
I think they removed the sliders for online , because of that fearsometweak exploit which made rounds a while ago.
There was never a slider for online, restricted movement is a great idea but leg and fine leg shot are underpowered too much ....
I played offline game is good now.
I feel this patch effected online sliders so i will request the testers to check the online gameplay.
Difficulty was also effected with this patch.
Or may be this patch created some bugs on in built online sliders.
Medium normal hard hardest are nearly the same.
So i request the beta testors to please test it once.
BLOCKING MOVEMENT IS A GOOD ADDITION.
As Abd also max play 2 shots in 20 overs.
Online players stand on 10 th stump which is not realistic also, so i support it.
As wide calls are not perfect when one stands on 10 th stump.

Also batsman batting on Middle of the pitch wall needed for that also.[DOUBLEPOST=1602788842][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry, but that is not true. Legside play is still possible and works when the ball is pitched on the wicket or legstump or outside (as in real life).

Sir online its not possible any more towards fine leg .
Only single even for line bowled outside leg stump.

Offline we dont play so we never checked also.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Can anyone help with batting against spin? I'm playing test matches and trying to play on hard. Just seems to be very few areas to score runs, pick up the odd single off the pads when the ball is on the legside/at the stumps but thats pretty much it. If the ball is just pitching outside off it seems a minefield and I get a lot of edges through to the keeper, did have some success reverse sweeping but then in the end edged it in the air. For now just picking up odd singles and trying to just get through the spinner - anyone else had this or got ideas where to get runs!

I find it is all about timing, so generally you need to watch the ball from the spinner's hand (as in real life) and play later.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
There was never a slider for online, restricted movement is a great idea but leg and fine leg shot are underpowered too much ....
I played offline game is good now.
I feel this patch effected online sliders so i will request the testers to check the online gameplay.
Difficulty was also effected with this patch.
Or may be this patch created some bugs on in built online sliders.
Medium normal hard hardest are nearly the same.
So i request the beta testors to please test it once.
BLOCKING MOVEMENT IS A GOOD ADDITION.
As Abd also max play 2 shots in 20 overs.
Online players stand on 10 th stump which is not realistic also, so i support it.
As wide calls are not perfect when one stands on 10 th stump.

Also batsman batting on Middle of the pitch wall needed for that also.[DOUBLEPOST=1602788842][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sir online its not possible any more towards fine leg .
Only single even for line bowled outside leg stump.

Offline we dont play so we never checked also.

Please excuse me; i have never played online.

It seems the argument is polarised between online/offline play. Most online players seem to hate it; most offline players seem to like it. Fair?

RAVI99

Club Captain
Please excuse me; i have never played online.

It seems the argument is polarised between online/offline play. Most online players seem to hate it; most offline players seem to like it. Fair?

We just want shot power towards fine leg when ball bowled on middle and legstump should be increased .
Rest all ok..
Played a offline game i liked it.
But online also cant be neglected.

Also a wall required for batsman batting down middlle of the pitch.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Playing a online match and he was trying to exploit with field set ....
It was so funny.

Hope someone does not tell then you dont play online.

Attachments

• 20201016_012939.jpg
    20201016_012939.jpg
    951 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
frankly online play looks ridiculous with batsmen standing so wide of the wicket.Good job by big ant to try and make cricket look like cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread