AI scoring sixes

alad1nzane

School Cricketer
I’m finding it almost impossible to stop the AI scoring a six every over in ODI. It seems whatever quality of bowl I bowl they can score a size every over to keep the run rate up. It almost seems as if it’s scripted.

Any advice on how to stop the ai or restrict them in ODIs?

JauntyM

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Mix up the bowling. Bowl a few bouncers. AI in cricket 19 has improved batting. Hard to stop it from scoring runs.

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
I’m finding it almost impossible to stop the AI scoring a six every over in ODI. It seems whatever quality of bowl I bowl they can score a size every over to keep the run rate up. It almost seems as if it’s scripted.

Any advice on how to stop the ai or restrict them in ODIs?
What difficulty is this? Playing on Hard/Pro I haven’t ever experienced it.

alad1nzane

School Cricketer
I’m playing Hard/Pro on PC version. The AI smack the ball all over the place. Playing Australia as England the AI scored 376 runs and hit over 30 sixes. I’ve put desired run rate down to 40 but doesn’t seem to make much difference. I wouldn’t mind if they scored due to bad bowling, but I’m bowling well, mixing it up and it makes no difference

bptuner

School Cricketer
I’m playing Hard/Pro on PC version. The AI smack the ball all over the place. Playing Australia as England the AI scored 376 runs and hit over 30 sixes. I’ve put desired run rate down to 40 but doesn’t seem to make much difference. I wouldn’t mind if they scored due to bad bowling, but I’m bowling well, mixing it up and it makes no difference
The AI's behaviour in ODI is a mix between T20 and Test. In tests, anything slightly dangerous in the first 3-4 balls of an over will be left, (anything pitched at a good length just outside off will almost always be left in Tests) same with bouncers etc. whilst in T20, they will try and smack every face level bouncer you give them. You can use this to your advantage by bowling dangerous balls and don't be afraid to attack the stumps. What they would leave in test matches and try and smash in T20, they will atleast try and play a shot at 95% of the deliveries you throw at them. Bowl with the mindset of having a low economy but still threatening the wicket with every ball.

I find I get the most wickets in ODI's by attacking off or just outside and because they swing at everything but not with the same murderous intent as T20, you'll get a lot of edges so a slip cordon and gully is vital.

Good luck!

P.S. Just wanted to note that your much more likely to entice a risky stroke by bowling with the intention of getting 3-4 dots first. Set your field defensively so they cant rotate and get frustrated then attack with your 5th and 6th ball. If you get 5 dots, you can pretty much guarantee they'll throw everything but the kitchen sink at the last ball of the over.

Dots = Pressure = Wickets

Last edited:

Srvsal

School Cricketer
Can anyone tell me why AI can't hit sixes, It's really annoying to see that AI can only hit six over Fine leg or Third man.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

proper field setting and bowling mix speed and varation see the weekness of batsman

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Can anyone tell me why AI can't hit sixes, It's really annoying to see that AI can only hit six over Fine leg or Third man.

Been trying to figure this out myself. Seems like they changed something recently. I want to be involved in some six fest matches in T20. But it seems all their lofted shots bounce before the rope. Sometimes I wish I could place it like they do! But they really should be hitting sixes, especially when you got a "short" rope.

And I have AI run rate at 77.

Srvsal

School Cricketer
Now this game has become very boring because Ai plays very slow and even on the small ground from top to top on the boundary line is six hundred meters which is impossible.

drastsab

Club Captain
Did u used sliders. Or default? ?

Users who are viewing this thread