Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Don't think SRH is gonna chase this. Disappointing season as a fan.

Really? I feel SRH can chase this down. They seem to have done well towards the latter part of their innings. And the trend is now getting back towards teams successfully chasing down totals. Last 3 games in Dubai have been won by the side chasing (KXIP vs DC where KXIP won with an over to spare; KXIP vs MI where KXIP won the famous Double Super Over; RCB vs Rajasthan where ABD put on a freak show to chase the total down though this was a day match)

Or..... Er, wait.... did you try a reverse jinx on SRH? If yes, don't worry. That still stays :lol:yes

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Or..... Er, wait.... did you try a reverse jinx on SRH? If yes, don't worry. That still stays :lol:yes

Does it ? You might have cancelled it and sent both openers packing

Looks like Jofra is going to get 2 XBOX Series X

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Seems Pandey had had it with SRH batting underperforming and is going to win this all on his own

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Might as well push Pandey into the opening role and have Warner bat at first drop seeing how they utilize the powerplay and middle overs.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Shankar better buckle down and score something of substance today while supporting Pandey. 4 off 10 ain't cutting it.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
And the trend is now getting back towards teams successfully chasing down totals.
Honestly, don't really think patterns help much in this format. You can use that as stats to have a conversation going but it's hard to think of it as having an actual effect on the result of a match.

Last 3 games in Dubai have been won by the side chasing
I don't think it would be an overstatement to say that SRH probably has the weakest middle order among all teams. That does play an important role in the outcome of a match. They did something today to address that by bringing in Holder but still not a telling difference.

Or..... Er, wait.... did you try a reverse jinx on SRH?
Mate, reverse jixing would be me saying something along the lines of "SRH gonna end up getting bowled out under 100" :p

As I write this, Pandey is going great guns but I trust our middle/lower order to falter at the end.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Pandey needs to be there by the end. Jofra must be played out, even if it's a maiden over.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Will SRH bottle this chase up?

Well, not until Manish is there

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
A big NRR boost for SRH! What an innings from Manish today!

Bevab

Staff Member
I've been a critic of him in the past but today's innings was wonderful from Manish and more of the same could be incredible for SRH's prospects.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well that is Manish Pandey of KKR times. When he plays innings like these, he is unstoppable. The problem is I do not think SRH will see another innings from him like this.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Honestly, don't really think patterns help much in this format. You can use that as stats to have a conversation going but it's hard to think of it as having an actual effect on the result of a match.

I don't think it would be an overstatement to say that SRH probably has the weakest middle order among all teams. That does play an important role in the outcome of a match. They did something today to address that by bringing in Holder but still not a telling difference.

Mate, reverse jixing would be me saying something along the lines of "SRH gonna end up getting bowled out under 100" :p

As I write this, Pandey is going great guns but I trust our middle/lower order to falter at the end.

Saw how the trend made a difference today? Warner chose to bat and SRH chased it with ridiculous ease (11 balls to spare). Heck, even Shankar came to the party and took Archer to the cleaners. UAE getting a lot more cooler in the past few weeks has definitely turned the pattern towards a lot more successful chases in the same time period. I am sure Warner got that input from the analysts and chose what he did at the toss. If I remember right, Rohit mentioned the same thing few days back saying that from now on, the trend will move towards teams successfully chasing scores.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
TBH, I think having Holder in the team gives SRH a much needed team balance.

I think SRH should go with him going ahead, as he will provide a much needed experienced third pace option and also a handy batsman.
That means one of Bairstow or Kane must be dropped, and I strongly believe it must be Bairstow. Yes, he had made sone runs but he has largely been a flat track bully. Would be much better having Kane in the XI.

However, it means one of Priyam or Samad has to sit out, and it has to be Priyam as Samad’s big hitting is a very important asset.

Thus the XI turns out to be...

David Warner
Saha / Goswami
Manish Pandey
Kane Williamson
Vijay Shankar
Abdul Samad
Jason Holder
Rashid Khan
Shahbaz Nadeem
Sandeep Sharma
T Natarajan[DOUBLEPOST=1603393097][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course, Shankar, Samad and Holder’s bating positions are flexible

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Saw how the trend made a difference today? Warner chose to bat and SRH chased it with ridiculous ease (11 balls to spare)
I'll admit that I was wrong about the result today but that was more because of an exceptional innings than a trend. I'll stand by my statement and perhaps just add that the trends might influence a captain's decision upon winning the toss but if a team uses that as a benchmark and considers 50% of the job as done then there's trouble ahead for them sooner than later.

That means one of Bairstow or Kane must be dropped, and I strongly believe it must be Bairstow
The problem is two-fold:

(a) If you drop Bairstow, who would handle the keeper duties then?
(b) Inclusion of Saha would make one of the local player sit out and that probably might turn out be Samad.

But I do agree with you. If Kane is to come in, then Bairstow needs to go. It's sad that the prolific opening pair haven't been able to recreate their 2019 magic - at least 60% of it would have served as well.

Users who are viewing this thread