RUGBY Rugby Challenge 4

D

Dutch

The current day the retailer in NZ is giving me for my PS4 physical pre-order is November 27 - I don't know if that accurate but PC might release at the same time...who knows??
Okay that would be good, still a way off yet but hopefully time to tweak and patch some more.

TomW777

Club Captain
Okay that would be good, still a way off yet but hopefully time to tweak and patch some more.
Yeah it sounds promising that they are trying to improve the gameplay & not rushing the 'official' release. I am also hoping that they may acquire a few more licences before release specifically the Mitre 10 Cup (including the Ranfurly Shield) and the NRC which always have been in their 3 previous games.

D

Dutch

Yeah it sounds promising that they are trying to improve the gameplay & not rushing the 'official' release. I am also hoping that they may acquire a few more licences before release specifically the Mitre 10 Cup (including the Ranfurly Shield) and the NRC which always have been in their 3 previous games.
Will be keen to hear when they hope to get the PC release out. This definitely has promise as far as I can tell and at least has an onging commitment.

TomW777

Club Captain
Will be keen to hear when they hope to get the PC release out. This definitely has promise as far as I can tell and at least has an onging commitment.
Looks like we finally have a cover & official looking release date (13 Nov) for the physical release. Still can't see anything on a PC release date though. Hopefully that comes soon as there are obviously a lot of licences missing which could do with being filled in by the Fanhub creations of PC users.

RC4.JPG

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Bought this a few days ago. Anyone else noticed the Weather never changes visually? ATM I'm playing a night game in showers, except its daytime and blazing sunshine...

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Not looking good for the future of this game as it looks like Wicket Witch has washed their hands with it..

it’s all rumours at the moment but would make sense seeing it’s been two months since the first and last update!

Looks even more like a money grab with the quick release. It may be PC release and that’s it as far as support.
Luckily the game is in a playable and fun state but these small studios seem notoriously bad for communication etc.

Makes you realize how decent Big Ant actually are!

TomW777

Club Captain
Not looking good for the future of this game as it looks like Wicket Witch has washed their hands with it..

it’s all rumours at the moment but would make sense seeing it’s been two months since the first and last update!

Looks even more like a money grab with the quick release. It may be PC release and that’s it as far as support.
Luckily the game is in a playable and fun state but these small studios seem notoriously bad for communication etc.

Makes you realize how decent Big Ant actually are!

I would be surprised if there isn't a decent update at the same time as the Physical release in November. Wicked Witch did a fairly substantial update on the older AFL Evolution 2 a few days back so no real reason to think they have abandoned RC4.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I would be surprised if there isn't a decent update at the same time as the Physical release in November. Wicked Witch did a fairly substantial update on the older AFL Evolution 2 a few days back so no real reason to think they have abandoned RC4.

Rumours were they had abandoned it and Pc release will be last update. Apparently they have moved onto rugby league.

TomW777

Club Captain
Rumours were they had abandoned it and Pc release will be last update. Apparently they have moved onto rugby league.

I just don't buy that - the whole rumour seems to go back to some very minor youtube channel & his "confidential source". Wicked Witch have always been slow & bad at communication - I would still be very surprised if there isn't a big update planned to coincide with the official release on Nov 13. Financially it makes no sense to abandon RC4 now either - you put in a heap of work to get it to this point & then abandon it just before the official release (in that case a lot of customers would abandon buying it as well) in favour of starting Rugby Live 5 which wouldn't release for another 6-12 months & wouldn't bring in any cash flow until then either. Melbourne (where Wicked Witch is based) has also been under a very strict lockdown since July which has no doubt slowed stuff down too.

On a side note though - I would be happy if Wicked Witch did stop making the Rugby Challenge series if Big Ant took over the Southern Hemisphere licences - they have form for making pretty good footy matches with the Rugby League Live series & their creation tools would really help fill the missing northern hemisphere licences that Rugby 20 have.

TomW777

Club Captain
FYI The physical release of Rugby Challenge 4 has been delayed again until December 3. Wonder if it was just because they don't want to compete with the release a day or so after of the PS5/Xbox & all the accompanying new games or if the game still simply isn't ready for an official release.

Users who are viewing this thread